2004 aos answer (1 Viewer)

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
As you may know, the creative writing task in the 2004 hsc ( AOS) was to compose a piece on JOURNEYS OF THE HEART, JOURNEYS IN TIME, OR JOURNEYS ACROSS LANDSCAPES

You probably have seen the e-mail that went around with metaphors/similes people wrote in hsc exams. Well this is a sample response of a band one journeys in time essay, and it is preety funny. ( how upset would you be if your essay was a band one one and got used for an example though?)

Journeys in time
I rack my brain for ideas. It is the HSC area of study examination and I am experiencing difficulty selecting a topic for exploration through a creative writing task. (Like, I have no idea) The examination hall is absolutely silent, I reflect upon how this silence, is more silent, than any other silent time I have ever experienced (If that makes sense; I swear it is so silent in here, the kind of serene silence that occurs when nobody makes any noise. ) Anyway it is probably because everybody is writing, and actually has an idea to write about (why don’t I?!?!?!, I studied I swear!) I glance at the clock, 22 minutes to go. I probably should have spent less time on question 1 e). The question was ( actually it was like a statement you had to respond to because it didn’t actually have a question mark) ”Compare and contrast the representations of the journey in any two of the texts. In your discussion, comment on the form and feature of both texts” ( wait, you probably have a copy of the examination paper with you right?) I glance at the clock, 15 minutes to go ( I wish I was not such a slow writer) The clock in the examination reminds me of the clock I have at home. My clock at home also makes a “tick-tock” noise. The tick-tock of the school clock brings me back to the dreaded exam. I should probably answer the question or statement whatever it is called. I am meant to be writing about Journeys of the heart, Journeys across landscapes, or Journeys in time. (Seriously, who makes up these questions?) I pick Journeys in time ( Just in case you wanted to know) Anyway I will go back to my original storyline. The one where I was sitting here and heard the clock go tick-tock and that made me think of my clock at home going tick-tock this morning (A journey in time, get it?) Now that I think about it I should have picked Journeys of the heart, that would have been so much easier to write about, but guess I cant go back in time ( get it?) now and change it, after all I had my ingenious clock idea. I wish I could go on a journey in time and study, or learn how to be creative. I have always dreaded this section of the examination, because I have problems thinking of ideas. The clock that goes tick-tock (that is the tick-tocking clock at school) is telling me I have 2 minutes left. I wish I had more time, then I could continue, this journey in time, but for the time being, I will have to be content with this journey in time.

Original Message -----
To: "Abigail Jillian" <ewpin009@ukp.edu>;

Haku

i recon that person should get a band6

this section is called the creative section, and who else stands out more or more creative than that guy...i wish he is someone in this forum that i could meet.

seriously, he kicks ass. but its helarious as hell

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
aghh why? they didnt even answer question just blabbered on about nothing, that takes zero talent

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
bumpy. I know its an old/dead thread, but i find the story hilarious lolz.
enjoy kthx.

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
i liked his/her brutal honesty. and the fact that they attempted a story at least attempting to twist his dilemna into a mildly amusing creative piece of writing.

should have received at least a band 3/4 :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)