2004 Biennale (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
ohi was going to make the exact same thread- the 2002 biennale was so inspiring, there were some friggin genius works there

i would love to curate the biennale of sydney, i reckon it'd be the awesomest job ever

miss_pie

HSC
my schools going as an excursion and turning into a case study somehow :)

Jase

HSC
well lets get tearing..
oh damn each catalogue is $55!

i guess ill be going once with school, and then dragged along by girlfriend

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Oh-so-definitely-going! My friends and I are all dragging along other people who don't even know about it, so it should be entertaining when we run around looking at stuff. :D

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
well i went and saw it on monday
i only went to the MCA though, but ummmmm....i don't want to sound like i know everything about art, but it was terrible.

just, a lot of the art seemed to be so defying of the traditions of art that it kind of looked like it tried too hard to be art. and the theme was "we feel therefore we are", and was about emotion and thought. the majority of the artworks at the mca totally didn't evoke much at all in my opinion

for example, there was a sofa with pillows piled up to the ceiling, in the middle of the sofa. there was a drum kit made out of a recycled police bus. sure there were a few rare gems, but it was nothing like the captivating artworks in the last biennale, which at least worked well with the theme of the exhibition

Abraxus

HSC
Originally posted by miss_pie
my schools going as an excursion and turning into a case study somehow :)
Same here, we're going at the end of the month, I also have a friend involved in the actual exhibition, and according to him it ain't anything special. Guess I'll have to see for myself.

jarding432

I'm in a league of my own
My teachers went to some seminar on this years exhibition, apparantly its crap, the artists who went to the seminar were idiots and half the stuff in the catalog looks really amateur. Still, I'm gonna go, gotta check it out for myself

frazzle

HSC
did anyone else see the "le passion le jeanne d'arc"?

i didn't get to finish it though, we got kicked out cos gallery was closing *sigh*

that was the highlight of my day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)