2004 Enrolment Details (20th - 23rd Jan) (1 Viewer)

DebuOfCourse

That's alright, understandable any way. But besides that it's not a problem as in you risk actually getting into the course or anything like that is it? :S

I had an unexpected medical problem and couldn't go at my specified time. Am I still going to be 'punished' in some way for that besides not being first-in-best-dressed?

And what do I do now? On the UTS site it said that you send them an email to register an enrolment date during the first week of Feburary but can I go on the 21st, 22nd or 23rd sometime and do my enrolment then rather then waiting for an appointment by email?

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
LOL don't be worried guys... everything would be fine.....

just make sure that when you come in for your enrolment is to bring a photo ID....

Make sure you have your TAX FILE number!!!!!

If any of you's are enrolling in building 5c .... your in good hands! cause im there :D:D:D:D:D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm in building 6 for some reason. Wanna come over and give some mods-new-to-UTS the tour? There are quite a few of us this year!

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
Hahaha too late now rofl... im at work already... But O day should be good!!! u'll get a very comprehensive tour of the uni....

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
hey with the tax file number, do we just need to know it or do we need some sort of proof cause I just rung and got it off the ATO but have nothing in writing to prove it will this be ok? thx

Miche||e`

hey, i'm not sure if this has been asked before because i dont have time to go thorugh all the topics cos this computer is not mine...buuuut....do we have to pay the $200- something student fees when we enrol or is that due another date??

PLEASE reply asap!
thanks in advance

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
Nopes not on the enrolment date..... theres another due date for it!

MrA

camp? what camp??

and do u choose subjects for BBus on enrolment day, or do u just do the core units for first year?

Dave85

HSC
MrA im doing the same course and as far as i know semester one is set 4 us but sememster two we are given two subjects and have to choose another 2 subjects from a list of 4 subjects., As for camp... i hav no clue myself

MrA

btw, any1 who has done the enrolment already possibly give us a quick rundown on what happens?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Enrolment walkthrough

Ok, now that I am enrolled I might as well tell you what happens. Please note I took B Sci (Applied Physics), so neither subject selection nor timetables caused any problems as both were predetermined.

Step One: Turn up on time. They won't enrol you even if you're only five minutes early, so don't bother. Get there ON THE DOT, or the lines spill out onto Harris Street. You'll have to show them your acceptance slip (ex UAC letter or web printout), and they'll hand you a stack of paper. Move into the prep room.

Step Two: Faculty consultation. The reps from your faculty will hand you a slab of stuff, uncluding your Faculty Handbook and your timetable, as well as some forms to fill. Take everything, sit at a table and fill out the forms they show you as per instruction. When that's done, move on to the registration terminals.

Step Three: Database entry. UTS has a friggin MAC LAB full of G4s! :D Here is where you will have your enrolment information entered electronically to the UTS system. Take the oppurtunity to fill out all the other forms, including your HECS declaration, Concession application and questionaire. When that's done, move on to the HECS desk.

Step Four: Stampy desk. Here the women will ask you if you are an Aboriginie or Torres Strait Islander (yes, even if you're a FOB), if you're a citizen (same applies) and if you've read the forms (no). Say yes, she'll stamp stuff and send you over to the Student Card and Union Stations.

Step Five: Flash! Here you sit down and have a photo taken, just like getting your license. The cards are printed on the spot, so dress well on the day. After a five minute wait they hand you the card and ask you to sign it. Go to the union table and chat up the rep there for a while, grab the diary and the Orientation CD. Stuff your mass of freebies (half of which is just junk "for your reference") and leave. You are now a UTS Undergrad - Huzzah!

Don't forget you need to bring Photo and signature ID as well as your Tax File Number. Also, note that my enrolment took a mere forty-five (count 'em, 45) minutes! UTS really does own the others...as long as you turn up first!

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Where do you think? I'm in your uni, only where I was in your building last year I am now in Bulding 4, famous for being old and housing the gym. Wanna meet for chocolate and Paddy's haggling?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah my enrolment only took 45 mins as well.... I could have flown home instead of catching the train.... I thought it would take a lot longer!!

Was your photo ID good? Mine was the best ID photo I had ever had lol.... it now covers my drivers licence in my wallet lol.....

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
:D Mine is excellent. When we UTS mods meet up I'll show you, I don't look like an overweight felon in this one!

I was very please. Hell, I'm STILL very pleased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)