2004 general maths A's (1 Viewer)

menofstudy

Retiring Member
HSC
Does anyone know where I can find the answers to the longer response (Q23 onwards) questions for the 2004 GM paper?

The boardofstudies site only has notes, not the answers and I was wanting to mark my paper.

PC

HSC
N/A
Try this. Let me know of any errors.

menofstudy

Retiring Member
HSC
PC said:
Try this. Let me know of any errors.

Thank you Mr.Kind! Where did you go on BOS to find that? I am going to do other past papers so where can I go in the future for the working out and answers?

I present to you, a pig: :apig:

EDIT: In question 23 b i & ii my answers were

i.) x = F + 115

ii.) (415/2) - 115 = x

207.5 - 115 = x

92.5 = x

Do you know if that would get marked right or not?

Last edited:

PC

HSC
N/A
menofstudy said:
Thank you Mr.Kind! Where did you go on BOS to find that? I am going to do other past papers so where can I go in the future for the working out and answers?
Nowhere. All my own work. All care and no responsibility, etc, etc.

menofstudy said:
In question 23 b i & ii my answers were
i.) x = F + 115
ii.) (415/2) - 115 = x
207.5 - 115 = x
92.5 = x
Do you know if that would get marked right or not?
In (i), I don't think it's wrong. Novirus costs $115 more than Funmaths, and your equation says that. Usually the question says write an expression for the cost of Funmaths (F) in terms of the cost of Novirus (x). That really does mean that the subject of the equation must be F and x needs to be in the RHS.

However, strictly speaking, in an equation, there is an expression on the LHS and an expression on the RHS. So the only expression you have with x in it is just x, and that expression does not equate to the cost of Funmaths.

Who knows how they marked it!

In (ii) you've made something up. In (i), your rule says x = F + 115, but then you've used something different in (ii). The key in the question says that the two things together cost $415, so write that down.
x + F = 415
Then use your rule, x = F + 115, so:
F + 115 + F = 415
2F + 115 = 415
2F = 300
F = 150

Hope that helps.

menofstudy

Retiring Member
HSC
PC, do you have working out to all the general maths papers or was I just lucky? *Hints they are looking for 2005 papers working out*

bling05

HSC
menofstudy said:
PC, do you have working out to all the general maths papers or was I just lucky? *Hints they are looking for 2005 papers working out*
You can buy a book "Success One HSC General Mathematics" that has all the exams and the worked answers from HSC 2001-2007.

PC

HSC
N/A
menofstudy said:
Not all of them, but I do have 2005.

Let me know if there are any mistakes.

menofstudy

Retiring Member
HSC
PC said:
Not all of them, but I do have 2005.

Let me know if there are any mistakes.
Thanks again PC :) before you sent this I did find your thread with the answers and marked my paper from those. I found some mistakes, which might not even be mistakes, and I posted them in the thread. I don't know where that thread is now though :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)