2004 HSC Q - Groups in Context (1 Viewer)

sally_33

HSC
Hey I really need help with this question -

(b) Describe the equity issues faced by ONE group you have studied and propose management strategies to address these issues. (8 marks)

I understand the equity issues bit, but what I dont understand is managment strategies?? Can anyone give me a brief example of how to answer the question/any examples or anything to help me..

Also approximately how many pages for an 8 marker? I know its quality not quantity but what would be like a rough estimation or a minimum

thanks heaps :)

kristy_lee26

HSC
sally_33 said:
Hey I really need help with this question -

(b) Describe the equity issues faced by ONE group you have studied and propose management strategies to address these issues. (8 marks)

I understand the equity issues bit, but what I dont understand is managment strategies?? Can anyone give me a brief example of how to answer the question/any examples or anything to help me..

Also approximately how many pages for an 8 marker? I know its quality not quantity but what would be like a rough estimation or a minimum

thanks heaps :)

I do Abstudies so i try to use ATSIC for groups in context, so i would suggest eduaction to break down sterotypes and reduce conflict, this could be done through school, the media etc. I'd also suggest more community facitlities with Aborginial workers ie teachers, nurses cos Indigenous people need Indigenous people helping them treating them etc cos they understand their culture and the unique characteristcics of Indigenous people. i'd probably also go into gov. leg and what can be done to enhance it

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
When I did the ATSI people for this question, the issues I discussed were stereotypes, land rights and discrimination. The strategies I talked about were education (the syllabus talks about the ATSI people in Religion, Australian History and the subject Aboriginal studies), Sorry Week, Acknowledging the traditional owners of the land in ceremonies and the opportunities offered to encourage ATSI people to continue their education.
I tended to do 6 pages for a 15 marker.. so I'd say about 3 for the 8 marker, but my writing is a bit bigger than most peoples.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)