2004 HSC question 16- projectile motion (1 Viewer)

poopoohead

HSC
hey does anyone have the answer to Q16 in the 2004 HSC paper? I thought i did, but the book i have only goes up to 2003 HSC:mad1:

so is there any one smart out there who can do it and give me the answer- or does anyone have like an actual answer from a past paper book- so i can check my answer.

thankyou!!!:)

sinist4

HSC
hey mate...
i got time= 5.10 seconds and the range= 221 metres
:) i hope its rite lol

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
And the question is? Not all of us have the questions.

AND, another neat trick. If you have done projectile motion in Extensions 1 or 2 maths. USE THAT to do Physics questions. You derive your own equations (less to remember) and are more likely to get the right answer if you set up the initial conditions right. (*I say this because many students are surprised they can do this and feel a little like they are cheating - but you can do it and it isn't cheating ;) )

poopoohead

HSC
Yeah thats the answer I got- 5.1s and 220.92 m

i just wasn't sure- cos i have never been too great at projectile motion

but yeah alcalder i do find the extension maths way easier for some wierd reason- may be i should use that way instead

The question is: A projectile is fired at a velocity of 50m/s at an angle of 30 degrees to the horizontal. Determine the range of the projectile

im hoping and assuming that that above answer is right now cos 2 people have that answer

thanks for all ur help alcalder and sinist 4:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)