2004 independant trial (1 Viewer)

gabn

HSC
Did anyone do it ? did your teachers change much from it ?

did you fell it reflected the hsc well or poor ?

we did the basic independant trial (teacher changed parts) and out of the 3 guys in the class we haven't had such a big gap in marks top mark was 65 next was 45 and the last was 10 lower.

It was pretty harsh from my view but i did get the last mark. i would like to know everyone elses view.

J0n

N/A
HSC
I did the independent - i got 74%. We have 13 in the class and apparently only two of us passed. My teacher throught some of the questions were not very suitable, and to make our marks more "fair", he has added 10% to all our marks, although he didn't change any of the questions.

schmeichung

HSC
I did the independent too! but I havent got it back yet, should be getting it back by tomorrow.. :\
Does the paper reflect the difficulty of hsc paper?
If it does I would die hard for sdd.. ;(
I am only aiming for pass now..
btw whats school u go to?

gabn

HSC
Maitland grossmann high school, it's in the hunter vally standard public school.

our teacher is adding like another 20 marks and i argued that we can't be asked that helicoptor quesiton in the hsc as it doesn't explain bearings and that isn't part of the sdd course. he agreed and said that's why he is adding marks.

this was also the first software exam i dictated and it's really hard to dictate algorithms to a year 10 non computing student. so yeah 35 isn't too bad i guess :-(

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Can someone scan the paper, i'd like to take a look at how harsh it is. SDD is pretty hard for people who just study subjects, it requires thoughts and also a little bit of experienced to add to it, @gabn i never did yr 10 computing, my first PC was at the end of yr 10, however it was tenacity that got me through SDD, and i think it very well paid off, so stay in there i guess.

schmeichung

HSC
did the paper have a question like colour palatte?
just wanna make sure if my paper is independent..:\

schmeichung

HSC
J0n said:
I did the independent - i got 74%. We have 13 in the class and apparently only two of us passed. My teacher throught some of the questions were not very suitable, and to make our marks more "fair", he has added 10% to all our marks, although he didn't change any of the questions.
so you actually getting 64% without adding 10%? or 74%/1.1?
r u the top amongst them?

Merforga

schmeichung said:
did the paper have a question like colour palatte?
just wanna make sure if my paper is independent..:\
That was question was in our trial, the teacher stole it from the inderpendant thingy. It's the stupidest quesiton ever.

schmeichung

HSC
okay so mine was independent..
I got 63%..however the teacher didnt mark it too tough
We only got 2/14 passed..highest was 69.5%
He beated me by the color palatte question as I only got 4.5/20 but he got 12/20..

schmeichung

HSC
okay so mine was independent..
I got 63%..however the teacher didnt mark it too tough
We only got 2/14 passed..highest was 69.5%
He beated me by the color palatte question as I only got 4.5/20 but he got 12/20..

Winston

HSC
hornetfig said:
Rubbish, it was myself and zoodboog teaching you algorithms on neowin :p

haha what? i never asked about algorithms on neowin! :p... i asked vb i remember, and that's about it.

J0n

N/A
HSC
I could post the paper, but it will have all my answers all over it, and only the Evolution of programming languages option - does anyone want me to?

J0n

N/A
HSC
schmeichung said:
so you actually getting 64% without adding 10%? or 74%/1.1?
r u the top amongst them?
I got 74% raw (without 10% extra), so the teacher will make it 84%, yeah i'm top, my class sux. ;)

J0n

N/A
HSC
gabn said:
Maitland grossmann high school, it's in the hunter vally standard public school.

our teacher is adding like another 20 marks and i argued that we can't be asked that helicoptor quesiton in the hsc as it doesn't explain bearings and that isn't part of the sdd course. he agreed and said that's why he is adding marks.

this was also the first software exam i dictated and it's really hard to dictate algorithms to a year 10 non computing student. so yeah 35 isn't too bad i guess :-(
Umm, helicopter question???? I don't remember that one... Was that in Software developer's view of hardware?

schmeichung

HSC
J0n said:
I got 74% raw (without 10% extra), so the teacher will make it 84%, yeah i'm top, my class sux. ;)
try ask ur teacher what marks you get in the paper should get at least band 5?
and 74% as well?

gabn

HSC
J0n said:
Umm, helicopter question???? I don't remember that one... Was that in Software developer's view of hardware?
yeah it was i'll upload those quesitons sometime soon

and parts of the test without my stupid answers on them through i don't know which parts are from the independant or other papers.

For the badly scaned and edited to remove questions which have answers on them or marks see http://tech.sneddonpartners.com.au/mghs2004trail.pdf
i might give it another shot when i'm awake

Last edited:

SamD

HSC
N/A
Gabn: that's the 2004 Independent Paper, however Questions 22 and 23 have been replaced by the questions in the 2002 Independent Paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)