2005 Catholic Schools' Religious Rites Question (1 Viewer)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Today in our inclass essay assessment in the Cross Religion Studies module, our teacher gave us last year's Catholic School's trial paper question. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this question or done it perhaps?

From two of the following we had to evalute or describe the effect the rites had on the everday lives of belivers from TWO religious tradtions.
- Rites of Personal Devotion
- Rites of Public Worship
- Rites of Passage

Any ideas on what I needed to have done to get the best results? How would you go about doing it? I tried to answer the question as much as I could by relating the information I had to how they effected the 'everday lives' of belivers.

Also, how would u answer these massive questions or what would attain higher marks? (This is the first year my school has offered HSC SoR I so we all are virtually clueless)

Thanks in advance. :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
will see if I have the criteria etc tomorrow+ I can give it a little more thought than I can at the moment (got a splitting headache and am getting ready for last day of term)

Everyday lives of believers though is the key to the question. Its just not about describing the rite(s)

If you have access to the green macquarie book, it will set you on the right path. If not, we will have to work something out for you!

Will post something up about answering these long response questions...maybe later tonight if I get organised enough

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
thanks sooo much snapperhead :) greatly appreciated. will be waiting for ur reply.

in the meantime i will be taking out my Macquaire book and exploring through it :D

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
As promised...

dont know if it is what you want though.

Feel free to share with your class if it is useful....

I attended a study day a couple of years back and this is a part of the notes that I took on the day.

Experts form the marking centre and the Board were present so these guys know what they are talking about.

A lot of it is "common sense" stuff but there are some interesting things in there as well.

Hope it helps.

Will look for the criteria tomorrow if I have time (cant post it up here though due to copyright)

edit...try the standards package as well. Even the question structure has changed (it used to be a 3 parter but is now a single 20 mark question), the answers will be be of a similar standard. Also, have a look at the past papers on the real board of studies site, find the question that is most similar and then look at the markers comments and marking criteria that you will find on the same page

Last edited:

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
that was absoluete GOLD! Thanks heaps for that. :)

Yep, ill have a look at all those now :D

Thanks once again!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
couldnt find the 2005 criteria at work....

am a bit annoyed actually as it wasnt where it should be.

Sorry about that

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
just an update: the notes were brilliant thanks! :D similarly I got full marks for that essay assessment :) thanks snapperhead *thumbs up*

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
wm_abusef said:
just an update: the notes were brilliant thanks! :D similarly I got full marks for that essay assessment :) thanks snapperhead *thumbs up*
no problems...glad I could help!

Mooseman

Forum Feral
HSC
Also there are examples of band 1-6 answers on the Board of Studies website. My teacher has just printed it all and collated it for us.

Also snapperhead, do you know my teacher Mr Burton? He seems to know you some how?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)