• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2005 CSSA English Advanced Trial (1 Viewer)

ishq

brown?
HSC
Did all three questions - exactly as they were - Hamlet, Gwen Harwood and Frontline.
Miraculously, I finished!

I'm just glad its over - dont really know how I 'did'...its all too subjective!

iorirox

HSC
Hey wut the hell... my school canceled the entire test halfway through the exam coz apparently the questions are leaked earlier by Cheltenam Girls HS...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
How did u all go?
we got an alternate king lear question
changing the characters to Lear or Cordelia

I chose Lear
Did lear last
think i stuffed it up
BNW/BR was ok
Frontline was hard but i managed to get through it

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
goan_crazy said:
How did u all go?

I chose Lear
Did lear last
think i stuffed it up
BNW/BR was ok
Frontline was hard but i managed to get through it
oh you lucky bastard...Lear would of been a much easier character to do...but i enjoyed being a female (Regan) for 40 minutes :)

richz

ye thats similar to ours but instead of lear or cordelia it was regan or edmund :vcross:

goan_crazy

HSC
xrtzx said:
ye thats similar to ours but instead of lear or cordelia it was regan or edmund :vcross:
coming to think about it
Lear or Cordelia is much better than Regan or Edmund :D

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Wasn't too bad I guess.
The letter for Module B (Speeches) was a bit of a surprise...I expected Module C to have the creative response. Module A (BNW/BR) wasn't too bad...fairly straight-forward question. But as with all english exams, I had to fudge a bit - particularly for Speeches in which they forced us to write about one Australian speech - grrr....ended up doing Keating, which I fortunately read over last night :p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Did any of you do Speeches?
We had to choose one Australian speech, essentially Keating or Pearson (unless there were others I missed)...that was probably the worst part of the paper for me. Powerplay - I'm disappointed that they only allowed for one piece of related material...my response would have been better with two.

goan_crazy

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
We had to choose one Australian speech, essentially Keating or Pearson (unless there were others I missed)...that was probably the worst part of the paper for me. Powerplay - I'm disappointed that they only allowed for one piece of related material...my response would have been better with two.
Nah I did king lear for module B
Frontline for module C
In the wild for module A

timmay05

HSC
Two points:

The reason for focus on Edmond and Regan was because they are two characters that are key to the theme of Sibling Rivalry.

Rather than focusing on other themes I feel that the question was directing us towards that, on the basis that we were actors in the play for a CONTEMPORARY audience, and this is probably the most relevant of themes to this group.

It was an easy question for me with Edmond, despite the fact that the two scenes I know well didn't have him in both. Instead I took the idea of bringing some of the events in Scene 2 forward to scene 1, and had a valid argument for it.

I took a risk, hope it pays off!

ishq

brown?
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Yeah that was weird - one piece of material?

We asked our teacher and she said we wouldnt be penalised if we used two - so most of us did... Its a bit strange - in the HSC we're supposed to have at least two, arent we?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Wasn't too bad I guess.
The letter for Module B (Speeches) was a bit of a surprise...I expected Module C to have the creative response. Module A (BNW/BR) wasn't too bad...fairly straight-forward question. But as with all english exams, I had to fudge a bit - particularly for Speeches in which they forced us to write about one Australian speech - grrr....ended up doing Keating, which I fortunately read over last night :p
yeh agreed!!!... the speeches question was a bit of a surprise

section 1 (transformations).. was a piece of cake... i basically re -wrote my prepared essay (it's the first time i've ever memorised an essay for english.. and boy!... it felt good not having to make stuff up on the spot)

yeh I did keating as well as martin Luther although i did make specific reference to Abraham Lincoln as Martin Luther refers to him in his speech....

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
emma/clueless: was good and i was proud of myself cause i've always hated this module...i think i wrote a strong integrated response :D
harwood: i liked the way it was a letter and i think i went good
frontline: i didnt like the stupid idea of only one ORT...cause that meant lots of detail which i found a bit tough...i think i rushed this one a bit (typically it was my last)

HSC
goan_crazy said:
You. Lucky. Bugger. Lear would have been sooo much better. Stupid Regan.
We complained about stupid lear question to our english teachers afterward. The loved it.

Ahh now i have a day off before chem! i've had economics and AOS and modules and 4 hours sleep in 2 nights. I'm off to bed! ;)

scoby_2000

HSC
Mod A - TPT & ASP - Essay (i think i did alright)
Mod B - Cloudstreet - Letter to an editor (Yea i think this was alright)
Mod C - Ant & Cleo - Essay (So bad only wrote 2 and a squidge pages....so bad! ran out of time ) :'(

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
archangel leila said:
You. Lucky. Bugger. Lear would have been sooo much better. Stupid Regan.
We complained about stupid lear question to our english teachers afterward. The loved it.

Ahh now i have a day off before chem! i've had economics and AOS and modules and 4 hours sleep in 2 nights. I'm off to bed! ;)
good luck with chem... u doing catholic?.... ahh i hate chem exams... nyways...

yes!!! sleep is good... i slept at 1:30 and woke up at 5:30 ... but it was worth it!!!

Yeh Rench i did speeches... as u've probably allready figured from my other posts in anoither 2 threads...

speeches was o.k it was better than i expected... although i wish i'd have remebered a bit more quotes for Keating....

as for powerplay.. that was kind of optional... it's not going to be assessed.. so it doesn't really matter... haha.. only wrote 2 pages for it.. although i did spend 45 minutes on modules A and B... and managed to write 19 pages all up... (lined A4 book sized paper that is... not BOS paper)

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Wasn't too bad I guess.
Yeah Dazz I did Keating so I am happy about it! But I screwed up powerplay so I guess nature balances itself out. What's your next exam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)