2005 CSSA English Advanced Trial (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Sweets said:
Persoanlly I think for legal it is a little excessive to write 40 pages, not that i do legal but my sisters friend came first in the state in legal in '01 and i'm pretty sure he didn't write that much.

Joe, I wrote in booklets but I'm not sure about everyone else. I really doubt I could write 12 pages otherwise :)
ok good, I was wondering how you could write so fast (if it was on normal paper)
but if it was in the booklets thats a good amount
Good work Sweets!

major booboo

HSC
s'all over anyways. rescheduled prolly so all your convos are purely academic as the mark prolly wont count. we will see. watch the news for it

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
can anyone remember either of the questions for:
- king lear
- frontline
- bnw/br

goan_crazy

HSC
Tommy_69 said:
can anyone remember either of the questions for:
- king lear
- frontline
- bnw/br
yeah but I don't think we are going to tell you sorry. Especially if your school is doing the CSSA papers.
I do not want to have to re-sit my english exam!
and I'm sure no one else wants to either!

lum

HSC
wow, c_james, with ur 25 pgs in 2hr eng exam, is it lined paper or booklets?
caz 25 pgs lined is crazy...
25 pgs x 30 lines x 10 words = 7000+ words.

now i dunno about you, but the fastest guy at my school only writes around 18-20 pgs max in 2 hrs, and yes he memories everything off by heart and yes his hands don't stop either...

and yay, can't wait for 2 more english trials for me:)
my school's worse than epping or nbhs, putting it next week when ppl have 3/4u maths and physics... whoohoo

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
lum said:
wow, c_james, with ur 25 pgs in 2hr eng exam, is it lined paper or booklets?
caz 25 pgs lined is crazy...
25 pgs x 30 lines x 10 words = 7000+ words.

now i dunno about you, but the fastest guy at my school only writes around 18-20 pgs max in 2 hrs, and yes he memories everything off by heart and yes his hands don't stop either...

and yay, can't wait for 2 more english trials for me:)
my school's worse than epping or nbhs, putting it next week when ppl have 3/4u maths and physics... whoohoo
21-line booklets, at 9 words a line. I calculated this as about 4725 words.

HSC

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
We wrote on normal paper and I wrote about 15 + pages for both englis. I have big loopy writing that runs on though, so firstly its only about 7 words a line, secondly I didnt hand it all in.

But I hold my pen 'wrong' as in not correctly and so after like an hour my hand is killing me.. And I was stuffed for the second one cos I didnt have a Power Play related etxt and I only ended up writing 4 pages :( I wrote 6 for the letter one on Speeches so I was proud of that :D

Anyways its all subjective you wont know how well you've gone till you get it back :uhhuh:

goan_crazy

HSC
jebbie said:
Anyways its all subjective you wont know how well you've gone till you get it back :uhhuh:
Yeah
english is V. subjective!

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
goan_crazy said:
Yeah
english is V. subjective!
I know, it pains me sometimes how subjective it is. But I love english :\

Everyone tells me to be an English teacher, I dont know if to be insulted or feel complimented :p

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
gday all,

anyone wanna post up the questions for antony + cleopatra, bnw + br and speeches? i dont think cssa have a security period do they?? ive got my trial on monday and it aint cssa but just wanna do em as a practice question

cheers

-dawso

goan_crazy

HSC
Vampire said:
yeah I wouldn't mind them either...and the independent questions if you're allowed.
No. Independent have a security on them.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
Sweets said:
You guys write really fast!! 1700 words in 40 mins, that is nuts!!
Yeh, I typed out my half-yearly AoS essay in preparation for the trial, esp since it got full marks and thats how long it was.

The only way to get 18-20 or 14-15 is to write quality in enough quantity. For me, 7 pages normal paper, is about 1600 words, and what I keep in mind all the time is the question, I dont actually memorise, simply because my memory is not good enough for that, and I know that if I do, I will not satisfy the question well, especially a curly one like the King Lear.

And plus, I really enjoy thinking on the spot, and another reason why I write so fast is that I literally think PARAGRAPHS ahead, remembering that integration is one of the requirements, thus I think ahead of any possible links I can make.

So, Ancient on Tuesday will be fun. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)