2005 CSSA Physics (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
who\'s_me_daddy said:
true, but i need to know though! like typical exam questions for this year because they are pretty similar!

i am wondering what sort of question were asked in CSSA paper and independent? can someone give me a clue!

thanx
just look at past papers and u'll be fine... questions are similar no matter what yr ur looking at.. after all theyre all based on the same syllabus...

go here:

http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=13#13.9

or go to www.boardofstudies.com and click on past HSC papers

and besides hasn't this whole thread been dicussing the exam anyways... just give it a quick read if ur really desperate

who\'s_me_daddy

can sum1 answer my question please! i don't get this question it's from CSSA 2004!

A muon at rest has an average lifetime of 10^-6s. A muon travelling at high speed in a particle accelerator is found to have a lifetime of 2x10^-6s. What is the approximate speed of the muon?

A) 0.5s
B) 0.75c
C) 0.87c
D) 1.15c

how do u work it out T-T?

SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy

15 days..
HSC
Answer should be (c)....just use the time dilation formula :)
Time taken = Rest time/ root (1 - v^2/c^2), where rest time = 1 x 10^-6 and time taken = 2 x 10^-6s...then solve for v.

physician

HSC
SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy said:
Answer should be (c)....just use the time dilation formula :)
Time taken = Rest time/ root (1 - v^2/c^2), where rest time = 1 x 10^-6 and time taken = 2 x 10^-6s...then solve for v.
yep correct.... by the way... welcome to the boredofstudies community 'SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy'

oh and 'who/'s_me_daddy'... just incase u have any further problems with the 2004 paper... u'll find the solutions in the follwing thread thanks to 'antwan2bu'

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=80313

but if u'd like further explanation for any question/s feel free to ask...

i'm sure many generous bos members will be willing to help out

nywas.. good luck with ur exam!!!

Haku

this physics test is so BS!!! so much comprehension and long mark questions, there where no calc questions except MC< but it was easy!!!

lol thats what every international student was complaining about at my school, lol i was happy with the test, i think the CSSA paper is getting easier, ie chem and phy

physician

HSC
nosadness said:
this physics test is so BS!!! so much comprehension and long mark questions, there where no calc questions except MC< but it was easy!!!

lol thats what every international student was complaining about at my school, lol i was happy with the test, i think the CSSA paper is getting easier, ie chem and phy
yeh i agree with u there... although last yrs paper was even easier than this yrs... or so i may think!

nosadness said:
lol.. that's exactly what my physics teacher said.. except rephrase 'this physics test is so BS' to something like ' back in my country physics is all calculation... this is all writing... physics is boring ... i've spoken to alot of uni studnets and many struggle with the physics part in their studies.. why?.. because it's all calculations'

lol.. oh well what can u do...

i remember at the beginning of yr 11 when deciding which subjects i should do.... almost every teacher was like... whoever wants to do physics we reccommend u do X1 maths ....

now i look back at that... and ask.... "why on earth do u even need 2u mathematics?"...

rarely u may stumble across difficult calculations, the key word being 'rarely'

nywas... i'm not complaining... at least some of the concpets are interesting

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Lazarus said:
Attention all students wishing to discuss or to otherwise review the 2005 CSSA trial papers.

The reproduction of entire examination papers constitutes an infringement of the copyright in the work: s 36 of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). It is not permitted. To this end, I have removed all links to whole examination papers.

Reproducing a "reasonable portion" of the exam for the purposes of research or study may be permissible: s 40. Note that the relevant purpose is that of the person who is reproducing the work; it is not sufficient to be publishing the work for the research or study of others. Unless you are personally asking for assistance with a specific question, any reproduction of the paper is likely to be an infringement.

Infringement may also be avoided where portions of the exam are reproduced for the purposes of criticism or review: s 41. It is not sufficient to merely reproduce questions for the critique and review of the public at large; the criticism or review must be genuine and must have a real connection with the reproduction. You would need to be personally undertaking some sort of critique or review of particular questions.

Solutions which are wholly the work of students may continue to be published.
Basically what is going on now is fine, just don't post the exam (not for security but copyright reasons).

physician

HSC
Xayma said:
Basically what is going on now is fine, just don't post the exam (not for security but copyright reasons).

is this just for the 2005 paper?

flextree

nosadness said:

LOL - i think you missed a few - about 20 marks/75 core needed formula or calcs to do I think, then about 15 on pracs, throw in quite a few definitions and explaining how things work - all good physics - and that left just a bit to talk about theories.. - didnt see any pure comprehension q's - i liked the mix - you had to know your PHYSICS, not just your maths.... Easy? - that will depend onhow its marked, probly easy to brush over but not to get all the key details right... heres hoping..

Antwan23q

God
HSC
err i uploaded those papers on to my site, should i take them off?

HSC
Hey guys, I just did my trial today......... It was the 2005 cssa paper.
Is my school allowed to do that shit? I thought the security period was over like last week? Cause i'd be majorly pissed if someone got a sample before the exam.
Anyway, i was just wondering.

rama_v

HSC
Marcus Aurelius said:
Hey guys, I just did my trial today......... It was the 2005 cssa paper.
Is my school allowed to do that shit? I thought the security period was over like last week? Cause i'd be majorly pissed if someone got a sample before the exam.
Anyway, i was just wondering.
I suppose they think they can probably do it if they dont tell you ur doing the cssa paper, but they would probably have to put in some questions from other sources at least

HSC
rama_v said:
I suppose they think they can probably do it if they dont tell you ur doing the cssa paper, but they would probably have to put in some questions from other sources at least
The whole thing was cssa, quite certain of that. Probably why the teacher rushed through a quarter of the option topic in a lesson, lazy ass teacher didnt want to change anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)