2005 CSSA Trial (1 Viewer)

Danoz The Great

HSC
was on today.... what did you all think?

I only missed 12 marks worth of questions, good considering I didn't study :D

still waiting

HSC
i finished it in two hours so i went to sleep for the rest of it....
that banded iron formation quest was hard n stupid....

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Don't worry if you think that you stuffed the exam up. I remember when I did my trials, that I only barely passed, I got slightly over 50%, however, when I saw my HSC results, I still managed to scrap into a band 5.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Cape said:
Don't worry if you think that you stuffed the exam up. I remember when I did my trials, that I only barely passed, I got slightly over 50%, however, when I saw my HSC results, I still managed to scrap into a band 5.
Good work cape!

Yeah I finished the exam in just a little under 2 hours. Nice time for a nap lol

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
in my trial last year i got.....80% or so.....ended up with a band 6

leading in2 hsc peoples....

wat ya gotta do is look at ur syllabus, in most sciences this is the bible, but in e+e where there are no mathematical questions, this can get you an easy 50 marks straight away just knowing a few answers already, the rest is ur mulitple choice where uve gotta just look through the answers, dont be fooled, some are intising, but u should see the frauds,

then 2 ur option.....depends on wat option u do....if u havent done much work here yet, i would honestly advice u look through stuff for the introduced species option and do this, it is basically just remembering 2 case studies looking at bits under a few headings and then one other section fo general definitions and history,....good, simple, straight forward option....

good luck in hsc, if ya got any qs, feel free 2 ask me, ill try 2 check this forum but dont watch it much, pm me if ya wanna..

cheers

-dawso

switchblade87

HSC
dawso said:
good luck in hsc, if ya got any qs, feel free 2 ask me, ill try 2 check this forum but dont watch it much, pm me if ya wanna..
Heh, thanks dawso. I think I passed in the trial, I normally do a bit better than that, but I had my PDHPE test in the morning then the Earth one after in the arvo. I woulda liked just another hour to refresh my mind and get everything into my head. What was up with that BIF question? A timeline? Its unheard of!
I finished the test with about 30mins to spare, reading over stuff. Was it OK for intro species (those who did it) to use the same case study for the questions asked, besides that 2nd one where it said not to? I used the same one...Any thoughts?

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
out of interest, what was this question? scan it up can ya? i always thought that bifs were easy, all we did on class was scream randomly "bring back the biff" cause we did it in year 11 then it came bak in year 12, oh....funnest class ever

ecouch

HSC
the banded iron formation question was:

Starting with the Hadean Eon, draw a time line to show the processes and conditions necessary for the depostition of Banded Iron Formations

i also have the CSSA marking guildlines in front of me at the moment its sample answer said:

Primitive Earth - anoxic atmosphere (Hadean) Soluable iron compounds in high concentration in ocean waters

evolution of photosynthetic bacteria capable of anaerobic respiration producing oxygen gas as a waste product

dissolved oxygen concentrates in ocean waters because of the numbewrs of anaerobic bacteria

Soluble iron reacts with dissolved oxygen in ocean waters to form insoluble oxides of iron

Insoluble oxides of iron precipitate until dissolved oxygen consumed

Silicas inter-bed with the iron oxide precipitate until concentration of oxygen and solubel iron is sufficient to cause the next band of insoluble iron oxide to precipitate

this process continues until the concentration of oxygen in the air becomes greater than that in the ocean water preventing the dissolved iron from existing for very long in ocean water so that no more banded iron formations can occur

everyone has already done the exam right

still waiting

HSC
it was kind of a stupid question it would have been so much better had it just asked a straight question on bifs....the fact it was a timeline i think threw everyone as we werent sure about how much detail to put in and what sections to put the info under......
anyways we got our marks today and i got 83 second highest mark so i was happy.......

ecouch

HSC
switchblade87 said:
Was it OK for intro species (those who did it) to use the same case study for the questions asked, besides that 2nd one where it said not to? I used the same one...Any thoughts?
yep it sure is alright to use the same case study

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)