2005 Cut-offs (1 Viewer)

specialjenny

HSC
Hey everyone, I see many of you who are saying "I need 99.xx for this and 98.xx for that" And "I didn't make it..:(" So do you actually know the cut off for your course for next year already???

Just wondering, because I want to know badly..Thanks everyone.

Acid

HSC
Yer i'm heaps curious whe the 2005 cut-offs will be released too...

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
youll know when you get offers. usually if cut offs are 99 or 98 they dont change much. they are either small and popular courses or just very very popular so lots of people apply usually very smart ones too. things like B sci (math) at 98.65 only have space for like 10 people so meh...... you cna kinda guess what youll need at that high end i think

huhq1

huhq1
HSC
definitely it will be cut off!!

the board of studies has been changed the marking aproach for 2005 hsc.
it is the fisrt news wt i heard from my school teachers . secondly they definitely cut off the uai.

Bond_007

specialjenny said:
Hey everyone, I see many of you who are saying "I need 99.xx for this and 98.xx for that" And "I didn't make it..:(" So do you actually know the cut off for your course for next year already???

Just wondering, because I want to know badly..Thanks everyone.

Just look at the UAC guide it tells you the past couple of years
you can see the trend in them so the change shouldnt be to much
when people say they didnt make it its prob that there going off the previous UAI from last year.

we dont know the cut offs till later
just look at your cources you want to do and in the UAC guide look at the previous UAI and see if your UAI is close and within a reasonable range ie if last years was 98.45 and you got 98.35 you should still include it as it is close and you never know you might get in still

Hope this helps

Bond

ps
if im wrong someone corect me please

pps if i have bad grammer and spelling its cause im done with english and dont want to spell no more

Bond out :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
A UAI cutoff is, simply speaking, the UAI of the lowest ranked person/s that is offered a place into the course. Therefore, it is only possible to know the new cutoffs once everyone gets their offers

Bond_007

i know i wont get my first two at UTS
dont think its going to drop by 7 points but im still leaving it there lol

Bond

phrred

HSC
maybe, example arts at UNSW went form 82.65 to 85.3 in one year (03- 04)

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
hey if i change my lower tier preferences, will my chances of getting my first preference be reduced or any stupid shit like that?

btw my first pref went down from '03 to '04, do u guys reckon that there's a good chance that it'll keep sliding?

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
say if a course is 85 cut-off in 2005, and you got 85.05, is it guranteed you'll get into the course?

helper

HSC
N/A
No, it depends on how many people want to get into the course and what there UAIs are.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
u dont know whether or not a course is popular as it was last year or not so we cant tell...hopefully noone too high up on the UAI chain wants to do my course :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)