2005 Germany Hsc (1 Viewer)

trysto

HSC
I am thinking a totalitarianism essay......

The transforming of the nazi state

Or Terror and propaganda/Jewish i don't think there has been on of those for a long time...Correct me if i am wrong please....

Skryp

.The Master.
HSC
jennylim said:
see that's the thing mate, my nightmare is one totalitarian and one war. we did nothing on the war. zip. i could do the war much less than i could do totalitarian. 33-39 is good, 27-33 is my absolute strength. ah well.
^ This astounds me! My school was exactly the same! Yet I did most of my own learning...like in the HSC...there was a question on the Collapse of Weimar and then one on the fall of the Nazi's...I think I was the ONLY person in my class that took on the fall of the Nazi's question, which involved covering the War..Amazing that it isn't covered more through school...But having said that...after reading all that you guys have said about predicting questions and all...Germany is REALLY simple when you break it down...

The can ONLY really ask you 3 questions....

- How the Nazi's came to Power?
- What they did when they are in Power? &
- How they Fell?

Obviously you need to know alot about these 3 fields but no matter what render they put on a question, it will always come back to one of these 3 sections....And there is no way that they will ask 2 questions from the one field...So I would say that you are safe if you can master at least 2 of the sections. A knowledge of 3 is best as you might even be able to tie one into the other but the ability to master at least 2 is essential...Don't Rest on one!

Best of luck with it all and if you need any help in any area...Please hit me up. Peace.

wanderlust

HSC
i think as long as you know a weimar and a totalitarian response you should be fine. Because if it is a racism question or consolidation of power or something if you've done a good totalitarian response you should be able to respond to those questions as well. Just look through all aspects of society, like kids, women, media, education, etc. but don't listen to me, i'll probably fail :p

mai

HSC
i reckon it's consolidation of nazi power... and totalitarian fits into that too, so that's alrite? kinda broad... i highly doubt military defeat but. =S who knows? =x

highly_strung

HSC
The can ONLY really ask you 3 questions....

- How the Nazi's came to Power?
- What they did when they are in Power? &
- How they Fell?

Untrue-can't forget about the pre-nazi period, what with that whole Weimar thing and all... There's alot more to Weimar than it paving the way for the Nazi's to come to power. My class got absolutely pounded after trials for skipping the Streseman era becuase it's an important part within the timeframe of 1918-1933 (according to marker anyway).

I'm hoping it won't be a Stalingrad question because we totally skipped that. There was one last year, referring to the fall of Nazism, but hey, giving us similar questions to past papers would be like the ultimate surprises because everyone kind of assumes that they'll ask something different. That said, I have my fingers crossed that the question will be Totalitarianism, foreign policy or WW2 and the Holocaust. I also pray to anything that is holy that it could be a fall of Weimar because I am SOOOO prepared for that after trials!

jennylim

HSC
If it is collapse of weimar, jen will be dancing on tables and screaming with happiness.

If it is totalitarianism, she will shudder and do what she can after teaching herself with anne mccallum's book (since we didn't touch that at school, and didn't even use mccallum). our stupid teacher didn't do so much as mention the entire debate, or even bring up the word during the entire course.

A volks/nazi society one would be ok...it's pretty huge but i could do that. consolidation of nazi power would also be good, because after getting hammered in the CSSA trial i went and made excellent notes on that.

A war question would be terrible. haha, skryp, i thought my teacher was the only incompetent idiot! good to know there were others!!

So i want weimar/nazi society, or weimar/totalitarianism, or weimar/war, or nazi society/war. Perhaps foreign policy but only up to 1939 because after that, i am hopeless. lol.

veridis

droog
HSC
nwatts said:
I hope they ask a totalitarian question. I LOVE writing "Germany was not fascist" essays.
let me guess your "Germany was not German" essay is your second favourite. do you have any idea of the etymology of the word? it was first coined in reference to the rising authoritarian, anti-communist govenments of Europe pre-WWII, the primary examples being Germany and Italy. while Germany was not Fascist with a captial F, was not a complete totalitarian state and does have some significant differences with the modern perception of fascism that is more due to ignorance about the term than the actuality of Germany under Nazism. the word was created to refer to Nazism, among others, and as such it is absurd to argue.

sorry off topic but meh

mai

HSC
i see you veridis.. lmao.. u go to my school :D hahah
piss off with ur hst ext.. lol JK.. i dont think tis even that. haha

nwatts

HSC
veridis said:
let me guess your "Germany was not German" essay is your second favourite. do you have any idea of the etymology of the word? it was first coined in reference to the rising authoritarian, anti-communist govenments of Europe pre-WWII, the primary examples being Germany and Italy. while Germany was not Fascist with a captial F, was not a complete totalitarian state and does have some significant differences with the modern perception of fascism that is more due to ignorance about the term than the actuality of Germany under Nazism. the word was created to refer to Nazism, among others, and as such it is absurd to argue.

sorry off topic but meh
If you pull a pomo you can argue anything, really.

I'm talking capital-f Facism, as would anyone in this situation, which was a term coined to describe Italy and Italy alone. Many have then used the term to describe Nazism, including a number of very noted historians, and I argue that they're incorrect. I've also had this discussion with a Professor at USyd who lectures on Nazism and the Holocaust, who believes similarly. It's not a game of misconception, it's a debate over historical accuracy and the proper use of the term Facism.

veridis

droog
HSC
capital F yeah Germany wasnt, although in many respects was actualy more totalitarian then Fascism(ie just italy). but the question you wrote was small f, in this case its a big difference. between specific political party and usualy meant in relation to early mannifestos as opposed to a a mroe general term that rose to prominence in the british media.

lol and no deconstructualism in here please, i was going to mention it but decided to be kind to everyone in here =)

nwatts

HSC
veridis said:
capital F yeah Germany wasnt, although in many respects was actualy more totalitarian then Fascism(ie just italy). but the question you wrote was small f, in this case its a big difference. between specific political party and usualy meant in relation to early mannifestos as opposed to a a mroe general term that rose to prominence in the british media.

lol and no deconstructualism in here please, i was going to mention it but decided to be kind to everyone in here =)
I should have written it properly in my first post. Sorry about that.

I'd like to have a go at "Germany was not German" though. :p

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Consolidation or Totalitarianism would be nice since they have not been asked. There's been a few rise of hitler / racism questions already :|

veridis

droog
HSC
Germany not German is possibly doable, but you'd have to slightly redefine German. go on about how Aryan ideals were imported and not actualy the basis of ethnic germans, break with traditional culture, but comment about continuing militarism. reference a few ancient roman sources with first mentions of Germani. would be hard to get full essay but doable, just, if you dont mind going all pomo.

nwatts

HSC
veridis said:
Germany not German is possibly doable, but you'd have to slightly redefine German. go on about how Aryan ideals were imported and not actualy the basis of ethnic germans, break with traditional culture, but comment about continuing militarism. reference a few ancient roman sources with first mentions of Germani. would be hard to get full essay but doable, just, if you dont mind going all pomo.
Yeah, I think I'd argue along the similar lines that Nazism's idea of the Herrenvolk conflicts with the enthic origins of the Germanic people. Therefore the Nazi Germany that Hitler promoted was not in line with the German "national spirit" (which I'd have to define based on other historians' views of pre-Nazi Germans). As you said though, it'd be difficult getting a whole essay. Entertaining, though.

H.S.What?

HSC
jkie said:
Hi,

I just want everyone to post up here what you think they'll put in the HSC this year for Germany and Albert Speer. I think for this year they might ask Totalitarian and Nazi Foreign policy!

post what you think,

cheers
holy shit u got it spot on! had you seen the paper already *suspicious looks*

jdrockefeller

HSC
Man, I almost cried with joy when I saw the Totalitarian question, as I had done a practice exam for it the night before. Oh yeah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)