2005 History Extension Major Project Topics (1 Viewer)

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
hehe. talked to you on msn already, dragon :p
good luck.

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
What ever you choose, get it done early.
All but one in my class left it to the last week (had done the research but not the writing) because we always just thought we had so much time.
Just get it done and save yourself the trouble

waterfowl

HSC
I agree that you need to finish it early, don't leave it till the last couple of weeks like I did or you won't get the best marks.

Pick a topic that is specific and has lots of info. I was too broad and picked the Habsburg family (over 800 years), eventually I wittled it down to one Emperor but it was still a very broad topic and had too many tangents.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
i did mine in four weeks. i got 83% or so.
a classmate did hers in two days. she got about 92%.

time doesnt matter, the marks come from the appropriateness of your question, your understanding of the topic and how well you answered your question.

do not pressure yourself. just get it done before the due date and DEFINITELY before the trials.

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
yeah, but generally people will go better if they have it done early.
And i mainly said it because of the pressure factor.
Plus if you chose a topic you like, but keep thinking about it for weeks and weeks but not actually doing it, you get sick of it, and the work probably suffers. (i know i and most of my mates got sick of it).

foxster

HSC
hey,

was looking on net, stumbled across a site....have decided to do a thing about Atlantis

thought it was crazy topic at first, but when i spoke to my teacher, he thought it was a great idea---might do it about fact vs. fiction, or maybe why it is so popular in contempory society/culture

what do u guys think?

Sponsor

Gloriarel said:
im russian so im tossing up between doing either the fall of the communist USSR, or the fall of the Romanov dynasty, and focus on Rasputin as a controversial personality. i would prefer to do the former, because i think that there is too much myth surrounding Rasputin, but im doubting the USSR because its such a broad topic. my teacher thinks it would also be an interesting idea if i included and refered to some russian sources, but the last thing i want is to get bogged down in translation, and also worrying about the ethical considerations. however, i want the project to be unique if nothing else.
as a second option im thinking of doing the Cuban Revolution, but i realise that might encroach on the JFK case-study.
i havent thought about the specific questions though.
You have to simplify the question down further. I believe it is neccessary to simplify down until the question is so specific there is no chance for the slightest diversion off the topic you are doing. Remember: this assessment is not the longest document you willl ever do - it has a very small word limit. So... it is better to have a specific thesis and have depth and breadth than a vague thesis statement and a shallow answer

Sponsor

foxster said:
hey,

was looking on net, stumbled across a site....have decided to do a thing about Atlantis

thought it was crazy topic at first, but when i spoke to my teacher, he thought it was a great idea---might do it about fact vs. fiction, or maybe why it is so popular in contempory society/culture

what do u guys think?
That's an awesome idea. History Extension is based on controversy and you have managed to find a topic full of it. Just try not to be biased (although all history is), because it is a very touchy subject.

Sponsor

dragons_girl said:
i was thinking of doing somthing on the celts or boduicca's resistance to romans
any ideas on where i could go with this?
i don't know exactly but i don't think you can do anything on Boudica due to this being an option in the year 11 syllabus. Just ask your teacher

veridis

droog
HSC
foxster said:
hey,

what do u guys think?
the whole atlantis issue has alot more conspiracy theoriest than historians writing about it. its covered in the yr 11 ancient option of thera and the minoans. while that doesnt mean you cant do it(only SC and HSC material is banned) markers will know the topic mediumly well and can pick up on anything you leave out easier. if you like all that conspiracy stuff, or like ripping it apart with scathing attacks you'll have alot to work with here. personaly i found all of the theories fault ridden so in our essay took the view that it was a work of fiction possibly inspired by real event or legend of them(i compared it to Troy in terms of accuracy)

foxster

HSC
ah k, thanks for all that?

would it worth somehow using the disney movies, to incorporate in my project, or is that going too far/not have a great effect

veridis

droog
HSC
the disney movie takes one of the most outlandish theories about Atlantis(its in the bemuda triangle and its power source(magic glowing red fire stones) is broken, causing all the accidents there. take it back to a imaginary 1920ish exploration team, add in alot of cheese and thats what you get. although it would be fun if you were stoned i'm not sure if i could sit through all that power of love causing giant stone golems to rise up out of the earth and saving the city from volcanic eruption again.
theres alot on th topic but even more of its BS. if i was to do it i'd make the question specific to platos story or to one of the more plausible theories

foxster

HSC
k thanx, havent watched the movie, so i wasnt sure

i was thinking about addressing these questions:
history vs fiction/myth
why story of atlantis is so promiment throughout history (eg contemporarey society, also i found a historian writing abou ti in 1400s? )

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
yeah my friend is doing atlantis for her major work as well, I might do the cultural revolution@

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
well im just different and im doring jordan..... or something to do with jordan and its relationship with israel.

though i cant find a real heap of info about it. any suggestions about what who did last year to do with that reigon?

atlantis does sound kewl tho..

Jaded Cynic

Hey, i was thinking about doing my HIP on the KGB, but I was worried that it was already covered by the "Nature of the Presidency of JFK"....Does anyone know if that is a viable option? Otherwise, I can always do something on Sweden

veridis

droog
HSC
azzie said:
well im just different and im doring jordan..... or something to do with jordan and its relationship with israel.

though i cant find a real heap of info about it. any suggestions about what who did last year to do with that reigon?
you'd have to be careful to a) make sure its not to close to the creation of isreal topic from prelim, while you're allowed to do prelim topics its best to avoid them as makers wont be able to pick up slight errors or differing interpretations as much and b) to keep objective considering how most of the issues that have cause conflict are still very similar today. still it is a very interesting part of the world and with the right question could be a realy good topic

super_moron

for a price i am willing to sell my project! im class of 04 so im done with school. it was about stalingrad, i cant be bothered explaining it further, but anybody interested?:p LOL

*zara*

zozo2nv
HSC
N/A
2005 ext his students wats ur topic about??

hey 2005 yr 12 im doin ext history and im trying to get as much options for my final project till now i have a few but i was wondering wat you might be doin 4 yours?????????????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)