2005 HSC-Harder than previous (1 Viewer)

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
do they base the difficulty of these exams on how well our year did in the SC ? that's stupid :p

this 2u was by far the hardest.. as an overall paper.. the other years had one or 2 parts that were harder.. but this paper as a whole was F*CKED UP.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
goan_crazy said:
IMO all the exams I've had haven't been that bad
SOR1 i thought was the fairest paper out of all since the new HSC
legal was ok besides crime
English we were lucky-3 essays-what more could you ask for
Only the maths paper was a shock and was extremely difficult
joe you spoke almost spoke me mind! maths was prety ok, i didn't like the last 3 questions though except 9a.

i don't do SOR but people said it was pretty good. legal was great, again except for crime. english was just absolutely fantastic!!!! *touch wood*

esieff

You guys shouldnt be finding it too hard - after all, you've all got a massive advantage on past years. You've got The Unofficial HSC Advice Line!

jdrockefeller

HSC
flemo23 said:
Speaking to teachers and current students it seems as those this year's HSC is much harder than those in previous years. Is this due to a deliberate policy by the government and Board of Studies, given public critiscm on the ease of the HSC and the government advocating for a national, standardised education system? It seems so. Although, everyone is in the same boat, its pretty tough on us. Give us your thoughts. I'm now daunting Chemistry and Modern History, but can't wait to the exams are all over. - Flem.
Maybe you're just a dumbass?

darkroomgirl

HSC
I reckon it's actually been pretty easy, but I think that's because we have greater access to notes and things than perhaps anyone else before us. Keep in mind that the Journeys module is pretty new... only a few years ago everyone was doing Change. We now have more to study and learn from in Journeys because of all the previous years. So... while it may have been hard, I think we're all finding it relatively okay because we're all quite prepared for it.

-neO-

HSC
darkroomgirl said:
I reckon it's actually been pretty easy, but I think that's because we have greater access to notes and things than perhaps anyone else before us. Keep in mind that the Journeys module is pretty new... only a few years ago everyone was doing Change. We now have more to study and learn from in Journeys because of all the previous years. So... while it may have been hard, I think we're all finding it relatively okay because we're all quite prepared for it.
I agree i also am finding if you have been persistent all year it really helps alot.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea, I think for english last year it was a little harder because for half they ear we were grappling with what a journey actually is. Last year on the news they said our year got the best hsc results ever (or some shit), which I guess you'd have to say is a sign that 2004 was a particulary easy year (or that we rule).

HSC
do you reckon this years highest aggregated mark won't be as good as last years?

HSC
Yeah I find the HSC 2005 more difficult than previous years, but not too difficult that it's unfair.

and with the English essays, MAN I suck at essays. Give me a dialogue or speech anytime. But nooo, they have to be a biatch

flemo23

HSC
jdrockefeller said:
Maybe you're just a dumbass?
Hey jdrockefeller, I wrote what I wrote based on what I've heard from teachers and both past and current HSC students. Personally, I thought English Advanced was pretty good, challenging with 3speeches, 3poems. etc. but all in all pretty good. I thought Maths Extension2 was fair and Maths Extension1 easy. I am willing to revise my statement, but as I say I wrote this based on what I've heard, and considering my exams since, yeah 2005 HSC is not the hardest yet. Just got English Extension1, physics and modern history to go. Thankyou mate!

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
i found that the AOS eng paper a bitch.. well in particular section 1 in comparison to last years section 1. if you look, last years had a book cover thing, powerpoint with slides (all quotes) and then a really simple feature article on music. then ours was book cover, the inside column blurb and then an art review... which is clearly harder than last years quotes and music article.

other than that i havent found exams all that bad, its all turning out easier than trials so im happy

pikto

owns your mother
HSC
_dhj_ said:
Maths extension 2 was rather hard... :(
i think thats why it is the second extension... unlike english extension 2 which is glorified art

HSC
Yeah actually, UAI is actually a rank...so no matter how far the range of marks could possibly be, our ranks would remain the same.

I've only done the English, SOR1 and Legal, and they seemed fairly reasonable. Creativity to be expressed (such as through say a feature article or a speech) in the modules paper was literally hindered, but who's gonna complain right? :)

rcandelori

phemale_souljah said:
Yeah actually, UAI is actually a rank...so no matter how far the range of marks could possibly be, our ranks would remain the same.

I've only done the English, SOR1 and Legal, and they seemed fairly reasonable. Creativity to be expressed (such as through say a feature article or a speech) in the modules paper was literally hindered, but who's gonna complain right? :)
Personally, I don't think being able to write in a different text type is an accurate example of showing creativity. And really, I think that measuring someone's creativity under a time limit is flawed and useless. In the real word, grand creative pieces take weeks, months and even years to complete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)