• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2005 HSC practice question (1 Viewer)

kezz89

HSC
a practice question i have been given to do from the 2005 paper:
To what extent has studying the concept of imaginative journeys expanded your understanding of yourself, of individuals, and of the world?

any ideas how to link this to the tempest? as in how does the tempest expand our understanding of ourselves, individuals and the world?

please help

nellybel

wow.
HSC
haha, i had exactly the same question for my first assesment task this year on the tempest..umm i talked about Prospero's self discovery (how he decides to give up magic etc) which leads him to grow and develop personally which then led him to have a greater understanding of the world through those experiences. It was as a result of his imaginative journey that he was able to develop and thus have a greater understanding of eachother/the world blah blah blah. And from your study of Prospero and his imaginative journey you were also able to achieve a greater understanding of the world through the experience of others.. You could also talk about how the audience is invited on the imaginative journey with Prospero..its like the very last scene in his epilogue where he asks for forgiveness from the audience- so you could say you were invited on the journey which lead to self discovery..I wrote something along those lines and got top mark in grade for advanced english so it worked for me! what supp/stimlus texts you using with it? I did wizard of oz and wind in the willows..good luck!

Alfred_rulz

Very Important Person
HSC
what is your prescribed text? If it is 'On Giant's Shoulders' E-mail me to
(Alfred_rulz@hotmail.com) I have already written a complete essay on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)