2005 HSC Study Group! (1 Viewer)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Like last years General Maths study group!

Would anyone be interested in starting an online study group? (Just like threads I know; but at least everything can be all together!).

Just ask eachother questions you need help with, or stuff you can help with, I dunno anything, so what are you waiting for? ask away...

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
Id love to start one... i dont no how to use the annuity formula properly sumbodi help me

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Cool! I'm glad some people are interested! It might just give us the motivation to push ourselves that little bit further! :p Hope so anyway! :)

Samie_Loo said:
Id love to start one... i dont no how to use the annuity formula properly sumbodi help me
This looks interesting (http://www.moneychimp.com/articles/finworks/fmpayout.htm) :uhhuh: .....is this what you're talking about?! :confused:

This site ^ also helps with compound interest if anyone wants to know, and it has a calculator, so you can either check if you're on the right track...or to help with homework! :uhhuh: :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
hey does anyone have that mathematic computer tutor?? is st actually worth getting??

hottie_mira

hey im sooo in this. i suck so bad at maths!! we got our next test coming up. probability, trig and guessing events...how gay. its all pretty basic stuff, but il prob fail now that ive said that..lol

HSC
wow a maths study group!
we can all wear pens in our pockets and our pants pulled really high

this is totally random and crazy

add me in! get it add. i am too funny this will be the sum of all my fears - get it sum - this gold material is wasted on you guys

s0k0y0e0

HSC
something_funny said:
wow a maths study group!
we can all wear pens in our pockets and our pants pulled really high

this is totally random and crazy

add me in! get it add. i am too funny this will be the sum of all my fears - get it sum - this gold material is wasted on you guys
he he; you're funny! :uhhuh:

Hey...and we can also like design a cool matching t-shirt and cap that says maths club... :p

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
so wat exactly else are we gonna do... i can ask questions and we try to help each other??... me likee... me likee alot

sly fly

HSC
ohhh:( I wanna be in the study group but i dont do maths lol

s0k0y0e0

HSC
sly fly said:
ohhh:( I wanna be in the study group but i dont do maths lol
Who cares you can join! :uhhuh:

It's open to everyone; as long as you can contribute in SOME way! :)

chamelia

HSC
Well my best topic is probably trig so if anyone wants to ask about that i can try my best to help and im pretty bad at bearings so if anyone cld give pointers about that itd be good. :)

Oh and quick thought. Ive foudn that heaps of people have the most trouble remembering when to use what formula like sine and cosine rule or the different annuity formulas, so maybe we cld all help each other think up fun ways to remember.

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
i found that if i drew triangles with all the things id need for one formula i remembered heaps better... i dunno...it worked for me...

These are my sine rule one's from the half yearly... i got really good marks in the triangle part... Just thought maybe they could help sumbodi else ...

chamelia

HSC
Samie_Loo said:
i found that if i drew triangles with all the things id need for one formula i remembered heaps better... i dunno...it worked for me...

These are my sine rule one's from the half yearly... i got really good marks in the triangle part... Just thought maybe they could help sumbodi else ...
Thankyou. I'll try remembering that way.

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
Maths Term Test

Its not too big im just worried its on anninuties...(cant spell), depreciation and Z scores ... any help...

chamelia

HSC
I used to forget how to work out angles in right angled triangles so my tutor taught me to say 'Angles are shifty' and that reminds me to use my shift button to find an angle. Its weird but it worked for me so I though someone else might find it useful.

Trev

stix
HSC
chamelia said:
I used to forget how to work out angles in right angled triangles so my tutor taught me to say 'Angles are shifty' and that reminds me to use my shift button to find an angle. Its weird but it worked for me so I though someone else might find it useful.
That's one of the most stupid things I have heard in a while, but do what works I suppose?! :rolleyes:

**blu_rose**

HSC
maths is one of my weakest subjects so this study group should be great.

here's a probabilty question which i got stuck on:

agoraphobia is a fear of open spaces which affects 5% of Australian adults. 2 randomly selected Australian adults were asked to complete a survey about fears and phobias. what is the probabilty exactly one of the adults surveyed suffers from agoraphobia?

:)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
P(first one suffers, but not 2nd) = 5/100 x 95/100

+

P(2nd one suffers, but not 1st) = 95/100 x 5/100

= [insert calculator work here]

**blu_rose**

HSC
unless my working out was wrong i ended up with an answer of 19/400 but the answer is supposed to be 19/200

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)