2005 QUESTION - King lear letter writing (Edmund, Regan) (1 Viewer)

berra

HSC
im writing this letter, n herez d question if ne1 wud like 2 practise;

You have just auditioned for the part of either Edmund or Regan for a proposed production of King Lear.
Write a letter to the director, outlining the way you see the character. Explain how you propose to play the part for a contemporary audience. Focus on two important scenes in which the character appears.

it dusnt ask bout any interpretations/productions....

dus ne1 noe if we gtta do em ne way?????

plz reply

bessie

HSC
Fuck that'd be hard, I dont know any characters in that much detail, thats not a HSC question though is it? I dont think they tend to be that specifc, cause they hav to ask an almost identical question for everyones text.

You could link it to interpretations and productions through how your going to present a character to the contemporary audience.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
thats a pretty crazy question... :S that'd b so difficult.. it'd be difficult if they specified characters this year :S... was reading ovr the syllabus for King lear... and they could ask somethign abuot characters cuz since its "critical study of texts" we have to evaluate lear and its receptions in a range of contexts, done through structure, content and language.. im guessing u would talk about edmund and Regan int he play (the book) first, how there portrayed and what values they percieve and may be even give their insight of the plot?

you can talk about language whole they are alwayys referred to with figurative language like animal imagery etc...

productions, talk about the feminist apporach im guessing with Regan etc...

thats a hard a question... once again was that apart of any Trials or HSC questions? (i doubt it has been a HSC question though)

berra

HSC
it's from 2005 catholic paper (CSSA)... and i have lots of papers that ask bout character analysis n that... for instance theres this other 1;

imagine ur directing a performance of K.L & u have a particular reading of the play that u want 2 present 2 the audience.
explain 2 the ppl playing the roles of the women in the play how u would like them 2 represent these characters 2 reflect the reading u hav chosen.
make sure u refer in detail 2 specific scenes...

its like WTF! this is from a 2003 independant paper...

i think im really stressing atm coz ive got these hard papers, n like ihave 2 sit n think 4 a bit b4 i answer em...

has ne1 got questions from the past HSC papers? if so, can uz plz kindly post em up here...

also, i have a gutsy feeling that this yr theyre gnna ask bout either characters or analysis of diff sceness....

berra

HSC
berra said:
also, i have a gutsy feeling that this yr theyre gnna ask bout either characters or analysis of diff sceness....

SEEE!! I TOLD U GUYS! only if i listened 2 my guts :'(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)