• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2005 trials (1 Viewer)

0Jade0

HSC
I wrote about his work as an architect. How it showed nazi ideology, power etc.

mattchan

HSC
god knows when the last time i posted in a modern history thread ummmm...

you could have wrote how he contributed to the death of Jews (concentration camps) when he was Minister of Armaments or whatever long title he had.

0Jade0

HSC
But did that really give an insight into Nazism? He was just doing his job (very efficiantly though). That's just how my mind works.

mattchan

HSC
well, thats the beauty of the question. You can argue both ways and assess his role, which is what all they want you do do.

Did he contribute to Hitler's regime? I would have he followed orders as well, but he still contributed to Nazism, such as slave labour, concentration camps, lengthen the war etc.

rama_v

HSC
mattchan said:
well, thats the beauty of the question. You can argue both ways and assess his role, which is what all they want you do do.

Did he contribute to Hitler's regime? I would have he followed orders as well, but he still contributed to Nazism, such as slave labour, concentration camps, lengthen the war etc.
Yeah, I would have said the same thing, he gave insigiht into Nazism by helping carry out HItler's racial policies, and his methods of organising and acheiving total control over industry towards the war effort were indicative of the totalitarian nature of Nazism and highlights how systematic they were - Speer expemlified this. Also Nazism was all about building BIG, and Speer's architecture reflected this in its style (Talk about Germania etc.). Thats how I would have tackled the question.

mattchan

HSC
Well it depends how you interpret Nazism. Opression. Fear. Totalitarian. Was it from the beginning that Hitler wanted to exterminate the Jews? If Yes, then Speer would have contributed to Nazism.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
According to Speer, he didn't help carry out Hitler's racial policies in the slightest. He's the "apolitical technocrat", remember? If you take everything Speer says, He is merely a politician. He is an organiser. He organised the armaments industry to achieve maximum efficiency. He organised the construction of the Reich Building to further himself in the Nazi ranks. If he doesn't knowingly do these things, how is it giving insight into Nazism in Germany?

Seriously, someone explain to me! Lol.

know_it_all

insight into: anti semitism, nacial racial policy, repression, propaganda...--> seen through his work as min for A/M and as architect
- slave labour, c/camps...
the nazi desire for power..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)