2005 (1 Viewer)

iheartjm

HSC
*mouth open in utter fear* <-- okay maybe a little exaggerated.
my teacher hasn't given us anything to do over the holidays. we were assigned to do our proposal before the holidays commenced and just work on our log books at a leisurely rate with a tad of research now and then. now that i've read most people were given booklets and hand outs i feel like some ones holding out on me! in our first couple of lessons everyone was in an indesicive state of mind. no one knew what they were doing, people were changing their mind like there was no tomorrow. i've changed my mind five times in about a months, from a theme of illness, to a war-torn inspired story, to spartan civilisation/romance, to crazed stalker, to psychoanalytical thriller, to all sorts of who-ha. it was madness, it was insane... but then again there's only eight of us in a class!
yeh i find that ideas come swiftly in the setting of any kind of aquatic element. i get mine in the bathroom or when it's rainning.... or by watching fujitsi adds on tv... <-- yeh real stupid... comedy is not my strongest feature!
but i find that if your at a lack of motivation, or inspiration, or even creativity just turn on some music and let your mind drift, get busy by exposing yourself to new settings and new environments, experience popular culture such as theatre or alternatively, just as illodous has said, you can stick your head in a bowl of water and watch the ideas swim around!
nevertheless, despite the fact that i feel like someone's holding out on me, my teacher brings much inspiration and enlightenment to give you a feeling of positivity when your on the verge of tearing up your proposal in an outbreak of frustration. you can really tell that she loves it just as much as her students do.
currently i'm a little baffled... i have too much inspiration and not enough places to put it.... but yeh progression is inevitable... hopefully the apathetic state of mind wears thin and an epiphany soon arises!

J

jhakka

Your teacher doesn't actually have to give you anything. They're just there to mark assessments, pretty much. However, my teacher gave us the syllabus, samples, writing exercises, etc.

candi_licious

just my advice from doing ext 2 last year, dont worry if u havent got a solid idea right at this moment, i had changed my story line 3 times before i got the gist of what i wanted to do, then i had to find my direction, and that took me a few months of experimentation and research... i finally started to colaborate all my ideas in May and then pretty much landed myself a short story, i then just had to tweak it a little to tie up any loose ends, so dont worry if u feel like u are not up to everybody else, turns out that the ppl who finished first got too cocky and were not up for constructive criticism and i was the one who ended up with the higher mark (48) so good luck! and most of all HAVE FUN! coz this is one thing that you can keep for urself to say HEY I DID THAT!

tRiXsTa

HSC
Just a thought- Has anyone had anything come out of doing a short story for Extension 2 .... For instance, has anyone had their story published? or developed their idea further to make a novel then got it published?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)