2006/2007 HSC Assesments (1 Viewer)

Waitey

HSC
Hey just thought id start something for next years HSC...

my first assesment is to make a survey on health of school kids, anyone else doing this ?

Seidel1711

HSC
hey,nah my first assesment task is to gather media articles and relate them to the action areas of the ottowa charter.

Freakster01

HSC
my one was to research a sport (rugby league) and research its injuries (knee) and to see if its worst 30 years ago or worst these days. not a hard assesment but geting the information about injuries 30 years ago is hardest part for me.

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Here's our first assessment, for Core 2.

Choose a sport and track the movement of a competitor in a game or event. Identify the energy systems used during the course of the game/event.

1. Using the FITT principles, design two training sessions that will develop the major energy systems needed in the game/event.
Session one will develop specific movement patterns required in a game/event.
Session two will be a resistance training program designed to improve specific strength required in the game/event.

2. Identify the importance of flexibility in the sport you have chosen and provide a typical stretch prrogram that targets the muscles and joints used in a game/event.

3. Demonstrate your findings to the class in a 5 minute presentation.

Include a bibliography.

My teacher is a dumbarse. Seriously, he's an utterly clueless twat. There are so many flaws in this task, it's not funny. He doesn't properly understand the concept of FITT for example, and is yet to grasp where it can and cannot be applied.

Are all PDHPE teachers dipsticks?

Freakster01

HSC
haha not all PDH teachers are dipsticks. my teacher is a really gud 1 but she pushed us quite a fair bit this term to get us on track, so we had heaps of work to cover, but nevertheless it was worth it i tell ya. but yea.. regarding to ur assesment,

Try and chose a sport that you are comfortable with.

for part 1.
session 1 u can chose like a sprinting drill follow by a passing drill to get the body motion going.
session 2 for me rugby league will be my choice so i wuld do stuff like gym training.

part 2 u can talk about why flexibility is important for ur sport, (rugby league flexibility is for passing and offloading while in a tackle) after this u mite want to show the people ur presenting some stretches and talk about what these stretches, such as these stretches, stretch the wateva muscle group.

hope it helped.. even tho i dont fink its really helpful ^^"

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Mate, if you can't tell from my username, I'm a massive football (association football, that is, for the ignorant) fan, so I've pretty much got it sorted. But thanks for the insight, appreciated nonetheless.

georgie.girl

HSC
We had to do the media article thing. Relate an article to each area of the ottowa charter and link to new public health approach etc.

princesskt

HSC
i didnt do the first assessment (due to changing subjects & changing schools) but my assessment for this term, we had to make two training sessions for a sport and then write a report on how they relate to the principles of training..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)