2006 HSC Essay Questions (1 Viewer)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
haha yea
u have to know them from way back, and their history etc.etc.

i found external stability much easier

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
^

no

i dont think case study is very likely, because most students would have done it before and their essays were marked to perfection (or they would have seen some sort of a sample answer)

i just hope if there is one on case study

the second choice isnt something dodgy

aurel

HSC
But isn't it possible for them to ask about a case study in short answer? It may not be likely, but its possible? E.g. something like: Outline one impact of globalisation on an economy other than Australia.

Although that shouldnt be too hard to make up something on, especially for one like China, to get those few marks.

I really dont want to have to learn so much data and info for one country, but i might just skim over the China stuff, even though like llama said its pretty popular. oh well.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
i cant be sure about whether they will test it
more often than not, they probably will

but i doubt it would be short answer, that is too easy

it's a personal choice, there is no english word that can express my hatred for case study (& the budget..)

Monstar

HSC
Yeah
Didn't your teachers tell you? last year some teachers complained because they interpreted the wording of the syllabus differently, ie they thought it was optional to learn a case study.

So now the board has sent out emails to your teachers saying its gonna be cut from the exam (ie asking for a specific case study). However they can still ask you on different types of development, which is where you could slot in your case study.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Monstar said:
Yeah
Didn't your teachers tell you? last year some teachers complained because they interpreted the wording of the syllabus differently, ie they thought it was optional to learn a case study.

So now the board has sent out emails to your teachers saying its gonna be cut from the exam (ie asking for a specific case study). However they can still ask you on different types of development, which is where you could slot in your case study.

horaaayyyyy!!!!

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Essay questions

What do you think the essay topics will be this year? I think:
  • external stability and/or CAD, BoP's. They are relatively popular and were not in last years HSC.
  • globalisation. I know people have been saying that because it's optional they can't ask it, but there has been a question in the HSC on globalisation every year since 2001 (except 2002).
  • unemployment or inequality of income distribution. They usually have one sort of easy exam in there but both inflation and economic growth featured in last years paper. I'm really hoping there is an unemployment essay, but it is very popular in the short answer section.
  • micro/macro policies. This is a very broad estimate, i.e. it could be on micro policies/reform, fiscal policy or monetary policy. they didn't have either in last years paper and micro hasn't been asked since 2002.
They are just my guesses though. I'm really wanting globalisation and unemployment because they are the easiest for me. Even though I thought about what topics to really focus on for essays, it is very possible that the bloody BOS won't do something predictable and go left-wing with environmental management or prices and incomes policieS. I hope not, but it could happen especially if you consider the exams so far (especially Maths extension 1 and english advanced exams)...
Yeah, so anyways, what do you predict, or what are you studying for the essays in particular?

zedzed

HSC
damn i hope there's a policy mix question on inflation or eco growth. that would be awesome.

i think there'll be a protection essay and a micro essay for sure. maybe a CAD/external stability one as well but i hope not.

hannahxxx

HSC
essay predictions

Hey
Does anyone wanna make any educated guesses as to what the essay qs will b?
If its labour markets, china , CAD or fiscal policies im fine. What would the other likely ones b do u reckon?

bizadfar

HSC
enviro management will fuck me up for sure! Sometimes i forget that section exists. boring shit.

Robbo1872

HSC
It's just a clarification for next year, we still have to do it for the 2006 paper but obviously they think the syllabus needed some slight editing before next year.

vnblueberry

HSC
hi robbo LOL
go study eco so you pull me up :rofl:
i hope no CAD/external stability crap ..
if there is .. i pray the other option isnt a case study
cuz then id be uber screwed :bomb:

2 of my worst topics and i have to choose one ..
hmmm whats the probability??

HSC
vnblueberry said:
hi robbo LOL
go study eco so you pull me up :rofl:
i hope no CAD/external stability crap ..
if there is .. i pray the other option isnt a case study
cuz then id be uber screwed :bomb:

2 of my worst topics and i have to choose one ..
hmmm whats the probability??

HEYY... Vnblueberry,
how was the exam?? ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)