2006 Mac students (1 Viewer)

jack white

After Hours
HSC
OK, this is a dumbass question, but I need to ask it.

In the UAC quide, it says that the Macquarie pre-enrolment days are on January 23-24 and February 6, and the enrolment days are on during early February. Is this some sort of orientation week? Do we have to go to each of these days? I will be away to the 23rd of January and then again on the 6th of February, and I don't want to miss anything...

And if I actually do have to be there on the 23rd, is it significant that I will miss it?

Last edited:

Phanatic

HSC
They separate the enrolment over a couple of days, based on your degree and surname. It's so it's more evenly spaced out and you don't get rushed with the whole Uni trying to enrol at once on the first day.

From memory, you should attend the pre-enrollment (not sure if it's compulsory, but very helpful), and you must attend the enrollment on one of two days (the specified day, or a free-for-all day at the end for those that missed their set dates).

jack white

After Hours
HSC
Phanatic said:
They separate the enrolment over a couple of days, based on your degree and surname. It's so it's more evenly spaced out and you don't get rushed with the whole Uni trying to enrol at once on the first day.

From memory, you should attend the pre-enrollment (not sure if it's compulsory, but very helpful), and you must attend the enrollment on one of two days (the specified day, or a free-for-all day at the end for those that missed their set dates).
So, for the pre-enrolment I should go on all three dates?

Phanatic

HSC
Pretty sure again it's just one day, depending on your degree. But someone else should confirm/deny this.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I am also pretty sure it is one day, why would you need to go for 3 for pre enrolment, it would be a waste of time and the uni wouldn't expect people to waste 3 days (they know people want to do the bare minimum).

Tabris

HSC
DOnt worry about enrolment day, they give out an instruction sheet that is almost dummy proof. It points ut what u should do, where u are doing it and the sequence of events, it is basically a checklist, u cant go wrong on that day.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
hey all im hoping to be doing Arts with Dip Ed but i dont know if my UAI will be high enough....4 points off. Am i likely to get an offer? how far under the cut off do they look?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The cut off is the UAI of the last person they accept.

X

xeuyrawp

white_spazzy said:
hey all im hoping to be doing Arts with Dip Ed but i dont know if my UAI will be high enough....4 points off. Am i likely to get an offer?
Hey, well I would recommend browsing the pathways site.

how far under the cut off do they look?
Unless you have qualified for special considerations, they don't look under the cutoffs at all.

cr in accg

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I tried that, but my preferance for something soft to put my head on often lead to either Bag-Face, Jacket-face or something else equally dire (as in, texture of "pillow" would be imprinted on face. Not a good look). On top of all of that, I got sick of all the weird looks people give you, eg - "I want to study! Either wake up and do something productive, or give me the frickin' desk!"

And besides - when you're in a car, you can stretch out! I even keep a cushion and a blanket in my car these days for Uni napping purposes...ahhh the bludginess

dawma: Estimated completion date is 2008. But knowing cityrail, it might be a fair bit after that. But just like UAI year-to-year scaling, you never know how much longer it's going to take until they finally give it to you...
SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO MAKE SOME FRIENDS ;)

HSC
N/A
cr in accg said:
SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO MAKE SOME FRIENDS ;)
I've got lots of friends, they're just all at usyd. :( Therefore their tummies are a bit too far away to rest my head on.

And for some reason, I just can't really be stuffed doing the whole "yay! Let's be friends!" thing at MQ.

iwannarock

HSC
glitterfairy said:
And for some reason, I just can't really be stuffed doing the whole "yay! Let's be friends!" thing at MQ.
wow i'm exactly like that. i thought i was the only anti-social person at uni.

this year but............i might make an effort to be more social.

one problem is that i drive to uni.........meaning no drinking at the bar. i still haven't arrived drunk to a lecture or a tute. you're not a macquarie student if you haven't done it yet.

HSC
N/A
I've got a couple of uni friends, but in the very few breaks together (I usually only have an hour or two free a week, anything other than that is in wee hours of the morning waiting for classes to start, as I generally get there early) we're normally eating lunch... or breakfast. I can understand the concept of having friends at Uni, but when I don't spend much time at Uni anyway, I don't really feel the need to "make" friends unless I come across someone particularly interesting/fun.

I haven't been drunk ever. In fact, my current record is slightly over two standard drinks in half an hour... and nothing more over that. Sad, much?

iwannarock

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I've got a couple of uni friends, but in the very few breaks together (I usually only have an hour or two free a week, anything other than that is in wee hours of the morning waiting for classes to start, as I generally get there early) we're normally eating lunch... or breakfast. I can understand the concept of having friends at Uni, but when I don't spend much time at Uni anyway, I don't really feel the need to "make" friends unless I come across someone particularly interesting/fun.

I haven't been drunk ever. In fact, my current record is slightly over two standard drinks in half an hour... and nothing more over that. Sad, much?
same same i dont spend much time at uni so i also feel no need to make friends apart from random acquaintances in tutes.

you've never been drunk?..........ever?

wow. is there a reason (religious/personal etc) or you just never felt like it?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Don't worry, im working on it *strokes beard*

iwannarock

HSC
AsyLum said:
Don't worry, im working on it *strokes beard*
you don't have a beard do you. its all one big lie!

lets all get drunk at the bar next semester. i'll drive my shitbox car not my parents car to uni. that way i can pass out in my car. wake up the next morning and be at uni already

infact i could live in my car outside uni. buy one of those outdoor shower things and put up a clothes line from a pole to my car door.

then boil the billy for some nice tea before a law tute. :cool:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, who needs outdoor showers, when you got the comfort of the lake!

HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
same same i dont spend much time at uni so i also feel no need to make friends apart from random acquaintances in tutes.

you've never been drunk?..........ever?

wow. is there a reason (religious/personal etc) or you just never felt like it?
I used to have this sort of "I don't drink" thing up until sometime this year. Then I began to sip. Then I started mixing teensy amonts of Bailey's into milk, then I had two big tumblers of this vodka/lemonade/rasberry cordial drink my friend made for me. One shot of vodka in each glass - yes, lots and lots and lots of lemonade and cordial to lessen taste of alcohol.

I don't think I'll ever be much of a drinker, really. I'm quite small in size, plus, I don't like the aftertaste of alcohol :S Sniffing beer and wine makes me feel sick, the only things I can really stomach are the drinks that have so much other stuff added in that I can't taste or feel or smell the alcohol. Therefore, what's the point of having it in there? :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)