2006 raw marks (1 Viewer)

echmo91

HSC
assuming 2008 paper was comparable to the 2006 paper, i thought this quote was interesting... does it surprise anyone else?
comes from someone who did extension one in 2006 [called Trebla].

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=157230&page=3

"When I did the Extension 1 paper last year, I was pretty sure I got a raw mark of around 75/84, and that's assuming that I got everything that I attempted correct (I left out about 9 marks - and they were all from Question 6 lol). Unfortunately, I got a little too confident that I could possibly get 100 after getting out every question too easily and then I got to Question 6........
RIP my confidence...lol :D

Anyway, I ended up with 97 as my aligned exam mark with at most 75/84 raw mark last year...so go figure...:p."

Last edited:

runnable

HSC
I reckon the guy got lower than he thought. :p ie, <75/84.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
*Looks around* omfg wtf thats me!!! lol :p

I still stand by that comment for the 2006 paper lol...But seriously, all the marks I screwed up were from Question 6. I pretty much nailed the rest without difficulty(including Question 7). :p

I'm not quite sure what you find so surprising about my estimated raw mark...

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Trebla said:

I still stand by that comment for the 2006 paper lol...But seriously, all the marks I screwed up were from Question 6. I pretty much nailed the rest without difficulty(including Question 7). :p

Do you have any idea what you got raw in 4u?

runnable

HSC
Lol hi. I just think usually we all make some mistakes we don't know of. And 9 marks lost is just what you are certain of, it may well be possible you lost more marks. And also I think the moderation was quite low if you got 75/84. Just slightly.

echmo91

HSC
Trebla said:

wow, hi !
more very happy than surprised i guess, means i have a chance to get high band six =]]

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
runnable said:
Lol hi. I just think usually we all make some mistakes we don't know of. And 9 marks lost is just what you are certain of, it may well be possible you lost more marks. And also I think the moderation was quite low if you got 75/84. Just slightly.
Well, the 2006 paper was supposedly "very hard", so there may have been this so called "special marking" implemented. I guess I probably did get 75/84 or very close around it, because any lower would have bumped it off 97.
I did have a lot of confidence in my answers though, more so than usual for that paper (I thought all the questions were easy except for Question 6 lol) which was a huge contrast to when I did the Extension 2 paper 2006, which was a bit of a nightmare. The paper was really easy (I managed to attempt every question with reasonable depth at the very minimum, but with less confidence in them) and I knew I had made far too many stupid mistakes....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)