2007/8 Federal election (1 Viewer)

To which political party do you plan on giving your first preference?

• Liberal

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • National

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • The Greens

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Democrats

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Independent or other

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

Anthonygeorgiou

HSC
To which political party do you plan to give your first preference in next year's federal election? Why do you believe that party deserves your first preference?

gerhard

HSC
GO THE DEMS!

libs and labor have been playing the race card way to much recently
they can both fucking die

Anthonygeorgiou

HSC
the Dems are not too bad-alittle to left. The Greens are on planet Xylon-a party with a lost cause LOL.

I think if there was less part politics, and more action we'd have better spent money, more efficient government and better services. I hope we see a strong resurgence in independent votes!!!!!!!! Sick of labor and liberal power politics. They're often out of touch and self obsessed.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
What is everybody's second preference? The election will almost certainly be won or lost on 2nd prefs.

Those voting for the Greens, i assume you are giving them to Labor?

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
It depends on the house. I certainly won't be giving the democrats the preference in the lower house but probably will the upper.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
I don't know, but I'll be putting Labor, Greens and Democrats as my last ones, in that order, as long as those idiots are not in a position of power, I'm happy.

Last edited:

Surly Duff

Banned
HSC
Personally I feel that I have a moral obligation to vote Liberal, even if I don't agree 100% with everything they do, because I live in a (much neglected) safe Labor seat.

Not that it will make much difference, but perhaps if the seat were a little more marginal it would be to our benefit. This I guess is another example of uneducated 'aspirational' Australians voting solely for their own benefit ('hip pocket').

But you have to understand that this is an electorate where an ex-newsreader was put as the candiate due to her celebrity status, and as a result people wrote to the local paper to complain that they weren't happy that their next MP was only there because of same. (What I mean is, they don't even consider voting for anyone other than Labor, it's like there's only 1 party on the form thingy).

So yeah. 2nd preference I guess would be family First, because I agree with more of their policies than I care to admit. They're also a better alternative than the insane watermelon Greens as far as a non-major party goes.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'll be voting:
Liberal
LDP (If they're contesting)
Nats
Dems
Labor/Greens (unsure of order)
Family First

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
just so i know, if i dont register at the post office, will the govt know? will i be fined for not voting in state/federal elections?

gerhard

HSC
no, you wont be fined, they wont know.

you should do it though

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
My vote is private and I refuse to share it with you cretins labor dems

yy

HSC
N/A
i'm disillusioned more and more with the major parties as time goes by. i haven't decided who to vote for yet though (certainly NOT family first or nationals or ALP)

ALP is like liberal, except on IR.
If that petro guy was running for PM, i might vote for liberal

MiTcHeLL4188

HSC
Lol Greens all the way, labor and the libs are way to right for my liking, and i believe the labor party is held hostage by the unions...as a former member of the ALP, one gets very sick of union intervention and threats...the greens in my case seem the only viable option...as a left winger i think the ALP have abondoned there cause to stick up for middle australia, ditching us to appease the unions and ensure funding...and the libs well no lol...

on the ballot ill vote
1. Green
2. democrat
3. independent
4. Labor
5. Family first
6. Liberals
7. One nation

yes i know the irony that my preferences will eventually end up with the ALP, i just think they dont deserve my first preference...:burn:

timmyh

HSC
i will be voting labor. Pre the election of Rudd/Gillard to lead the ALP i would have voted green. Rudd's expertise in IR and foreign affairs is pretty solid, he seems level headed, unwilling (as much as those who came before him) to be dictated to by the unions and dedicated to doing something for the environment. As he himself has said many times... he's interested in a long term view for aus, not just till the next election like Johnny.
As for the Greens... i think an increase in Green numbers in parliament is a positive step. However, i see no reason why the ALP can achieve much of what the Greens want to achieve whilst having solid plans for the economy and foreign affairs (something which the greens lack).
And the democrats.... haha they are an endangered species... by about 5 elections from now, there will be no democrats, and next to 0 national party seats... both parties are on a substantial decline. The effect of this in the bush is where nats are losing seats, independents are picking them up... e.g. Tamworth, New England etc.
I'll vote 1. Labor, 2. greens.

cowface

HSC
Calculon said:
You hate freedom?
STOP PRESS! Anyone who does not vote Liberal hates freedom, liberty and Australia!

I for one will be voting for Labor because I'm a tree hugging, latte sipping, closet communist.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Labor.

Hicks, IR, abortion, death penalty attitudes, euthanasia, human rights, general shitty and elitist attitudes, a completely shithouse local MP (Pat Famer), education stance and Iraq all work in favour of booting the liberal party the hell out of office. There's only so much shit one can throw in someones face before they get a little pissed off, and the time has come. Of course, Labor has the strength that for pretty much every one of the issues I just mentioned, their policies sit well with me.

Labor
Greens
National
Liberal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)