2007 CSSA Economics Trial - Thoughts (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
Sh4DoW said:
what surprised me was that when we walked out of the exam, half of my class didnt finish and didnt even know how to do the simple multiplier question in the m/c. i was shocked!
k=1/mps

k=1/1-0.8

k=1/0.2

k=5

Change in investment by 10 million

5*10

therfore would equate to 50 million increase. Which i think was C

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
williamc said:
k=1/mps

k=1/1-0.8

k=1/0.2

k=5

Change in investment by 10 million

5*10

therfore would equate to 50 million increase. Which i think was C
yup thats what i got, C :) yay! i did mps, same thing. that was an easy mark.

williamc

HSC
The CAD question was probably the hardest i've seen. Took me like 3 minutes to work it out. I got -$21,xxx. One of the one's im not sure about.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
williamc said:
The CAD question was probably the hardest i've seen. Took me like 3 minutes to work it out. I got -$21,xxx. One of the one's im not sure about.
oh to find net transfers.

CA = Goods Balance + Net Services + Net Income + Current Transfers

You had to calculate the goods balance, which was $1xxx, then add net services and net income and then subtract that total from the CA balance to get the value of net transfers. i got the -$21xxx with a few 3's in there somewhere.

vendetta711

HSC
Re: CSSA paper. Economics.

xxmissy said:
I will NEVER AGAIN cram the nite before
Thats what we all say lol, ive for 1 hav said that pretty much since yr 7 and along comes the trials...

-pari-

HSC
N/A
not hard per se. just a reoccuring thought of telling my teacher off.

she had us under the deliberate impression that we wouldn't be sitting the CSSA, that our school would be making the paper individually. pft. obviously altered studying patterns, and so wasn't expecting some of the essay Q that turned up.

anyhoo - exam itself was alright. few Short answers that i was a tad blank on. otherwise it was a nice paper methinks.

ruwangi

Ru
HSC
AHHH the short answer section was sooo crap-shit-bull!!!!! =( im gonna lose so much for that section

ThaBallahollic

HSC
fkin easy..
14-16/20 for mc..fucked it up
40/40 short answer...too simple
20/20
19/20

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
ruwangi said:
AHHH the short answer section was sooo crap-shit-bull!!!!! =( im gonna lose so much for that section
why this years economics exam was so straight forward, for the first time the m/c is not dogey....and come one the extended reponse man so open espeically question 26 about policies to acheive economic objectives man u can write like more than 6 pages!.....barely anyone in my school did the globalisation case study as their essay (question 27)....a whole pile of question 28 lol

overall status: excellent!

kokodamonkey

HSC
aah i enjoyed the exam verywell! My $$$ investments in all the leading edge stuff has paid off i think... I did the latter of each of the essay questions (so teh macro n cad one). during the reading time i looked thru short answers n then the essay questions and im thinking wait a second... i know all this.. this seems wierd... i know how to do all of this!!! And i set myself the goal of having an hour for each essay. so i did the multiple choice first and about 3/4 of the short answers, making sure i did the right mark allocations for the short answer questions. And this was about 50-55mins into the exam, so instead of worrying over the last short answer stuff i had left out, i went and did the section4 essay. Spent 5mins or so planning it. took about an hour writing it. did 9-10pages. Then i came back and finished the short answers, then did the section3essay. Had about 5-10mins left over went thru the multiple choice n short answers... i changed one of my multiple choice questions (i regret doing so i reckon i've changed to the wrong answer.. it was Q2 on m/c the one about what a trading block was... with a) it said that it was exclusive to others, [which they necessarily arnt] yet c) said it had TWO or more ppl.. [if its only 2 its bilateral then]. And i had A and i changed it to C. but i have a gutfeeling i should have left it as A. ohwell. no need to worry over it now! I reckon i might be able to get 90%+ if not 85%. i'll be able to tell you in a few weeks when im back at school and get it back..

UsurpingBean

HSC
Can't remember abc or d but the trading bloc was the one with the number of countries and the exclusion of others

Overall it was ok but I have a question:

With the ToT short answer (I think it was in CSSA because only 1 short answer was taken out from ours)

Even though I said that it was exports/imports when explaining the index in my wisdom I concluded that the ToT was deteriorating......:rofl:...in my defence I was sick.

Anyhow the next few questions of that section went on to ask about
1.) What occured over last 6 or so years
2.) something else (worth 3 marks i think)
3.) effect on economic growth and CA [perhaps 4 marks]

So I was wondering how many marks there were in these 3 questions...im assuming 2+3+4 or worst case 3+3+4 and whether there were more than those questions that I would've got 0 in by getting the trend wrong.

forevaunited

HSC
You wont get zero in the following sections. You are likely to get carry-over marks, and should really only lose the one mark for the first question - getting the trend wrong. That being said, there was definately a question about 'why' the terms of trade has improved over the last 6 years, so i think it might be hard for you to get marks there if you mentioned all these negative impacts on the Australian economy when we were meant to mention positive (resources boom and appreciating currency is what i put).

but the question on the effects to the CAD and growth, as long as you mentioned what would happen with a deterioration in the TOT, you should get all the marks....

kimii

UltimateMEMBER :D
HSC

Smartieco said:
haha! i agree it was good :)
hey my cousin graduated from your school last year :)
lmao sorry for the lag BUT!

REALLY!?!?!? THATS AWESOME who was it?

OMG!!!!! O_O the trading bloc thingy~~~~ GRRR!!! >___<
i think the MP was the hardest compared to the Shortanswers and the Extende response!!

Last edited:

kokodamonkey

HSC

short answers were easy! i was so annoyed with q2 of multiple choice the trading bloc one.. i had A but changed it to C.. NOOO!!!

moey16

HSC
is the CSSA paper different to the inderpendent paper ?

kokodamonkey

HSC
yes.. the independent one is some random one. the cssa one is the catholic schools one.

williamc

HSC
I got 96/100, should have got 98/100, 2 silly mistakes.

Got the Free trade question wrong (second MC {put c instead of A}) and didn't correctly define what a microeconomic reform was (1 marker).

Second place by 1 mark to williams180 who is a joke.

Last edited:

williams180

HSC
williamc said:
I got 96/100, should have got 98/100, 2 silly mistakes.

Got the Free trade question wrong (second MC {put c instead of A}) and didn't correctly define what a microeconomic reform was (1 marker).

Second place by 1 mark to williams180 who is a joke.
yeh thats right 97/100 baby will c aint got nothing on me could have got 100 lost all 3 in short answers by missing one word hear and there to get me full mark for say a 4 marker easy test cant wait for hsc

williamc

HSC
williams180 said:
yeh thats right 97/100 baby will c aint got nothing on me could have got 100 lost all 3 in short answers by missing one word hear and there to get me full mark for say a 4 marker easy test cant wait for hsc
I have gone from 85% in the half yearly, 90% third test, and now 96% in the trials, im thinking HSC your mine mang.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)