2007 Federal Election - Coalition or Labor/Howard or Rudd? (2 Viewers)

Coalition or Labor/Howard or Beazley?

• Coalition

Votes: 249 33.3%
  • Labor

Votes: 415 55.5%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 34 4.5%

• Total voters

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Public sentiment of a selected few, every single week? Give it a rest.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's interesting to see where current public sentiment lies...
Yeah, but when the newspaper seem to be saying such tripe as "Today's Rudd speech will result in a slip of blah blah points which he'll regain with a few x tactics", it becomes old, and a little disturbing. I have a theory, albeit unevidenced, that people are influenced greatly by that type of reporting. They see someone winning/losing and structure their vote around it.

ZabZu

HSC
I agree with most of you guys regarding opinion polls.

The thing that frustrates me the most are huge headlines saying that Labor is in an election winning position. The election is about 6 months away, anything can happen before then.

Its good to know the views of a sample of voters but the results should be published once a month or once a fortnight, not every week.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I have a theory, albeit unevidenced, that people are influenced greatly by that type of reporting
Oh they definately are, Ive seen real studies into this. On one hand you've got the 'let's go for the underdog' aspect and on the other it seems people like to change their views to be more in-line with the majority as we like to think people agree with us.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
On the topic of opinion polls, yes, Rudd has been ahead for a while.

If you look at BOS's poll, Labor is on 52.11% at the moment compared to the Coalition at 34.74%.

Here's the ratio of Labor to Liberals votes. I just added up all the votes for both the major parties and worked out what percentage voted for Labor. Labor is on 60% and the Coalition is on 40%.

It's still not that reliable because this poll has been running for months.

volition

arr.
HSC
I think younger people tend not to vote liberal moreso than older people, so that would also skew the vote.

ZabZu

HSC
Musk said:
Rudd acts like a kid

The Hippie Rock star has no professionalism in the way political affairs should be addressed. An IR concert, wtf how stupid is that? I do wonder if there is a financial gain out of it because if you look at it right there could be the source of the 100mill the liberal claims the unions and labor have against the legislation.
Theres a rally from Town Hall beforehand.

Obviously its very important from the union/ALP perspective for all the people who attend the concert also march in the rally.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Musk said:
Rudd acts like a kid

The Hippie Rock star has no professionalism in the way political affairs should be addressed. An IR concert, wtf how stupid is that? I do wonder if there is a financial gain out of it because if you look at it right there could be the source of the 100mill the liberal claims the unions and labor have against the legislation.
I don't see any problem with a creative protest. God knows it'll be a bit more exciting than the ordinary, humdrum affairs they usually organise to protest things.

menelaus

HSC
if the artists are happy to perform, then what do u care that a profit will be made? what is the difference between this and other parties holding big luncheons for business execs to donate?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Murdoch supports whatever a certain person chooses to disagree with. This allows that person to claim any sources from the Murdoch press as completely invalid, as convenience suits them.

Well, it happens all the time on this forum.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
If anyone wants to read Kevin Rudd's keynote speech to the ALP national conference, entitled 'A Party for the Future', it's available here.

The Australian people are a sensible lot. They don’t expect miracles from their Government. They have a keen sense of the possible. Equally they have a keen sense of when they are being sold a dud.

* When Mr Howard says you have to choose between the economy and the environment - the Australian people don’t believe him.

* When Mr Howard says you have to choose between prosperity and a fair go – the Australian people don’t believe him.

* When Mr Howard says that to fight Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and terrorism, we had to invade Iraq - the Australian people don’t believe him.

* Just like when Mr Howard says the only way forward for the nation is Canberra versus the States, rather than Canberra working in cooperation with the States - the Australian people don’t believe him.

And the core reason the Australian people don’t believe him is they’ve heard it all so many times before.

Instead what the Australian people are asking us is:

* Why don’t we just work together for a change?
* Why don’t we pull in the one direction, rather than just pulling one another apart?
* Why don’t we bring the nation together and work as one on the great future challenges that we all face?

Because the Australian people know that we are at our best as a nation when we are united in dealing with a common challenge or common foe.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Very good speech from a very optimistic guy. Thanks for the link Triangulum. I'd like to watch the speech itself.

If Kevin Rudd wins, it's going to be a Liberal-supporter's nightmare because all the state governments would be Labor-run too. So that's what he meant by "...ending the blame game between Canberra and the States. "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)