2007 HSC - Easier or Not? (1 Viewer)

munchiecrunchie

HSC
last year's hsc papers were so much easier than most other years.

which probably means that this yr's papers are gonna be hard. way harder.

jOnniesz

HSC
stop crying u bunch of homos and just do the test ure given

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
We're the last year to sit this HSC program with these modules/AOS

If anything, this year will probably be easy. Go out on a bang?
Personally, I think they'll have trouble suprising me with any question. They've just about asked them from all angles.

vanshetec

HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:
We're the last year to sit this HSC program with these modules/AOS

If anything, this year will probably be easy. Go out on a bang?
Personally, I think they'll have trouble suprising me with any question. They've just about asked them from all angles.
What do think for any other subjects?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
vanshetec said:
What do think for any other subjects?
I really only do humanities.

The style of questions has changed, particularly for english and history/SaC.
If you look at the 2001 sample papers, the questions seem alot harder due to the question wording and focuses. They're becoming more and more concise and direct. Not much mucking around.

The questions won't be easier, just more focussed and less wishy washy. This makes them easier to answer I suppose.

vanshetec

HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:

If you look at the 2001 sample papers, the questions seem alot harder due to the question wording and focuses. They're becoming more and more concise and direct. Not much mucking around.

The questions won't be easier, just more focussed and less wishy washy. This makes them easier to answer I suppose.
lol. how you said you only do humanities is like me.

i shouldnt have done IPT and chem, and should have done economics and legal studies

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
vanshetec said:
lol. how you said you only do humanities is like me.

i shouldnt have done IPT and chem, and should have done economics and legal studies
I adore humanities. I'm quite good at sciences, they just don't hold enough passion for me.

5unit history ftw <3

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:

you really think so? When a question is very specific i suppose it gives you a much better idea of what must be presented to gain the marks, however i think its a case of you either know it or you don't

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
you really think so? When a question is very specific i suppose it gives you a much better idea of what must be presented to gain the marks, however i think its a case of you either know it or you don't
I do. The questions are becoming more accessible, not just for the students, but for markers as well.

vanshetec

HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I adore humanities. I'm quite good at sciences, they just don't hold enough passion for me.

5unit history ftw <3
Yeh. im wondering what is your course preference in uni?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I want to do a ba/b teaching at UNE.

Humanities/English teaching. I want to eventually teach at a tertiary level

I also eventually plan to go back when I have money and do alot more social/history based degrees.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I do. The questions are becoming more accessible, not just for the students, but for markers as well.
more accessible by being more specific? explain

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

Question 6 — Option C: Germany 1918–1939 (25 marks)
(a) Explain how and why German social and cultural life changed in the period1923–1939.
OR
(b) Assess the impact of Nazism on German foreign policy in the period1933–1939.

Question 12 (20 marks)
(a) Account for the development of militarism in Germany between 1928 and 1945.
OR
(b) Explain how Hitler made use of racism in German society between
1928 and 1945.

If a question is more direct, its easier to structure an articulate answer regardless of level of knowledge and/or ability. Its easier to identify good students when you've got straight at it, focussed questions, rather than wishy washy and round about one. I'm too tired to elaborate. -.-

It's particularly evident in Ex History. Look at the sources, theyre becoming richer but the questions more focused.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:

Question 6 — Option C: Germany 1918–1939 (25 marks)
(a) Explain how and why German social and cultural life changed in the period1923–1939.
OR
(b) Assess the impact of Nazism on German foreign policy in the period1933–1939.

Question 12 (20 marks)
(a) Account for the development of militarism in Germany between 1928 and 1945.
OR
(b) Explain how Hitler made use of racism in German society between
1928 and 1945.

If a question is more direct, its easier to structure an articulate answer regardless of level of knowledge and/or ability. Its easier to identify good students when you've got straight at it, focussed questions, rather than wishy washy and round about one. I'm too tired to elaborate. -.-

It's particularly evident in Ex History. Look at the sources, theyre becoming richer but the questions more focused.
I disagree, i think it makes them more accessable for higher level students, as it aids in hitting the correct concepts, but not on the whole, specific questions often kill lower students as they may have studied everything in general instead of in detail. As a result they can't scrape up a full essay on a very specific point.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
I disagree, i think it makes them more accessable for higher level students, as it aids in hitting the correct concepts, but not on the whole, specific questions often kill lower students as they may have studied everything in general instead of in detail. As a result they can't scrape up a full essay on a very specific point.
Eh, poor students will do that regardless of the questions. They fail to understand or fail to prepare for a module as a whole and often get kicked in the ass in exams.

And so they should be.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Eh, poor students will do that regardless of the questions. They fail to understand or fail to prepare for a module as a whole and often get kicked in the ass in exams.

And so they should be.
I dont think so, if a question is general a lower a student can pull out a range of general insights, where as if it is specific this narrows how much they can talk about, making the question far more difficult to access.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
I dont think so, if a question is general a lower a student can pull out a range of general insights, where as if it is specific this narrows how much they can talk about, making the question far more difficult to access.
Hmmm.
I concur.

I've just never been a lower student and thus can't sympathise I guess.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Hmmm.
I concur.

I've just never been a lower student and thus can't sympathise I guess.
fair enough, i used to suck at school before i changed in year 11, so i guess i feel for people with zero motivation to do well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)