2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

andipandi

HSC
rubificticious said:
OK. I believe it's Iza to the rescue!
I've collaborated your maternity wear, andipandi, as a JPG file. I hope you don't mind me doing this. If you have a problem, just let me know and I'll delete this post. It's just people can't access the PDF files, and I wanted to help out.
Just so everyone knows... this is andipandi's work.
hayy rubi do u mind deleting my mtp picts thanks hun mwaaa

HSC
Good LUCK to all year 11's doing textiles and design in 2008... YOU WILL NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
This forum has been dead for a while.
I want it back!

Oh, maybe a question?
What did people think of doing before coming up with their final idea?
I know I thought of a tutu, then a traditional Polish dance costume, and also a men's suit and a clown costume (not that it hasn't been done), and a fairy costume (not like that hasn't been overdone.) There were heaps of fairy items in the Texstyle last year though.
Who had a pain in the bottom coming up with an idea? I know I definately did! There's too much choice!

Yay to all my Sextyle friends!

naughtymanolo

HSC
i was set on doing a modern costume of Tatiana (sp?) from midsummer night's dream, i had it all planned out then a thte end of yr 12 i decided to switch.

bethrealistic

HSC
Man, ok, I found these forums way too late.
I would've appreciated talking to people NOT in my class about my project... but it's over and done now.

Does anyone else feel sorry their project is gone? Like I miss it hanging up in my room. :( My mannequin looks sad and naked. If anyone still wants to see it, I might post a few pictures of my MTP later.

Just wondering with UTS, is anyone else thinking of applying for the Fashion Design + International Studies combined degree?
The UAI is extreme, but International Studies sounds like a brilliant course.

I'm sure I'll see some of your projects at Texstyle. :D
xoxo

HSC
Mmm... I think way too much choice!

LOL. YAY! Of course!

This forum rocked my socks. Great help other than from the class. I feel sad about it being gone! I really want my marks, but I'll get over it during HSC and it'll come back as fast as I let it go. You hung it up in your room? OMG! Where? I wish I could, but I was too scared it would become dirty with some idiot coming past with a drink or something and ruining it. LOL. Mine didn't quite fit my mannequin. And yes! I'd love to see it please! What did you make? Focus area?
LOL. Extreme UAI is right. It would be great to do though. I'm still not sure what lies ahead career wise.
Oh, Textyle! I can't wait!

HSC
bethrealistic said:
Man, ok, I found these forums way too late.
I would've appreciated talking to people NOT in my class about my project... but it's over and done now.

Does anyone else feel sorry their project is gone? Like I miss it hanging up in my room. :( My mannequin looks sad and naked. If anyone still wants to see it, I might post a few pictures of my MTP later.

Just wondering with UTS, is anyone else thinking of applying for the Fashion Design + International Studies combined degree?
The UAI is extreme, but International Studies sounds like a brilliant course.

I'm sure I'll see some of your projects at Texstyle. :D
xoxo
Lol i miss my project as well! sometimes i think i should of done that or i should of put more time in my project, but Oh well, whats done is whats done.
My mannequin looks empty as well!!!

HSC
Lol, ah extrme UAI, that sucks... i think thhis subject tetiles brings your UAI down anyway :bomb:
Like apparentlythe scaling it bad (to the bone). kind of sucks!!!

bethrealistic

HSC
I have a little sun-room (it used to be a balcony) off the side of my room because my room is TINY, so I use it for sewing... and I hang up all my pattern pieces and half-finished stuff on a line. Someone doing their HSC last year suggested it to me as a way of not squashing everything and keeping it off the floor. :)
Yeah I was really protective of my project too, didn't let anyone near it, haha.

You know next year, they send a thing to your teacher saying where each student's marks came from, like whether you did better in MTP or theory. But it's in February - and like I care about marks NOW, but February? Pssh.

I made apparel (it was a versatile business suit, like work to evening wear - think CUE) and I'm a size not-small so I made mine purposefully to fit my mannequin which I made a size 10. It was really good for fitting, because nobody had to try it on etc etc and I reckon a size 10 looks better when you lay it flat.

I'm not sure career-wise either, but I think it'd be fun to open a shop, heh. I want to try for a double degree or an arts degree so I can change my mind later if I want.
At the moment I'm just looking forward to schoolies and texstyle. :D

HSC
love.is.around said:
Lol, ah extrme UAI, that sucks... i think thhis subject tetiles brings your UAI down anyway :bomb:
Like apparentlythe scaling it bad (to the bone). kind of sucks!!!
No, no. Textiles doesn't scale down! I don't know where this pre-conceived idea is coming from. No subject scales down as long as you do better than average.

Not sure about the thing being sent to our teachers regarding marks in February. My teacher said it sucks we don't get to know know the marks we get in each part.

Mmm... oh, career! Where for art thou?

HSC
rubificticious said:
No, no. Textiles doesn't scale down! I don't know where this pre-conceived idea is coming from. No subject scales down as long as you do better than average.

Not sure about the thing being sent to our teachers regarding marks in February. My teacher said it sucks we don't get to know know the marks we get in each part.

PHEW

keelyq

HSC
rubificticious said:

It is a subject that tends to drag marks down only cause so many people do it
but if u do well and your class does well than it wont scale to severely
it does suck that textiles aint seen as one of the hard subjects because it so is MTP almost killed me
so does everyone want to go into design cos im thinkin bout doin PR probs fashion PR im not sure wheather to just go for media and communication degrees or fashion ones as well cause u can major in marketin in most design courses wat is every1 else doin???????????/

HSC
katherineham said:
my teacher rang the BOS n we get our stuff back in 1st week of term 4....
Mmm... after we handed them in my teacher said basically the same thing, week 1 or 2 of Term 4. Although, what if you're a Texstyle selection?

~kiki

HSC
Hey-- not sure when this was posted so hopefully its still relevant. I think in the years before they selected works that were to go into texstyle during marking, sent them back to you and then re-quested when the exhibition came about, but this year I think they're making their selections during marking and keeping the ones that are selected at the marking centre (at least-- my teacher said something along those lines anyway :p)

HSC
~kiki said:
Hey-- not sure when this was posted so hopefully its still relevant. I think in the years before they selected works that were to go into texstyle during marking, sent them back to you and then re-quested when the exhibition came about, but this year I think they're making their selections during marking and keeping the ones that are selected at the marking centre (at least-- my teacher said something along those lines anyway :p)
Ahh... yes. I heard about that before.
Not sure how they're doing it this year.
Perhaps that's how they're doing it.

And, like OMG, one of my friends, her nickname is kiki, kiko etc, and she does VA, Textiles and Ancient. Like, WOW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)