2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

HSC
jacky.dodds said:
hey rubificticious, you posted a comment on the exam thoughts thread to come to this one, so i did!
how do you rekon you went in your final product?? did you get it finished on time?
i ended up pulling an all nighter on the final sunday, it nearly killed me cos i had to stay at school monday for an assessment:(
BUT ITS OVER
i started to miss sewing for a bit after i had handed it in, but i can deal with it lol
so what did you make exactly?? i saw it was a textile art focus area, elaborate??
i did a big quilt, which sucked when it comes to marking cos there were so many quilts this year!!
and how did everyone else hold up??? id really like to see how other people handled it:)
WOOT!
Hey, ahh, I think I went OK. I can't really say, though. I really have no clue what they're looking for.

LOL. Let's just say my time management skills were lax.
I stayed up late too, and best of all, we had our Maths Trials that morning, so there was literally no study for Maths.

I missed sewing too. But, in a good way. LOL.

Well, If you kinda look on here, I posted my photo up a little white back. It's on page 9. I found it for you. LOL.
And WTF, how do you know mine's a Textile Art?

Ahh, quilts. I don't like quilts. I did one in Year 10, and that was the end of quilt making.

MTP killed my life. But now I am reborn.

Adelya

HSC
:) Exam all done! yay! and it was surprisingly not too hard at all
I went and retrieved my MTP project today.... its been back for a few weeks but my textile teacher wouldn't let us take them until she had photocopied our folios for the year 11's to have a look at
Its nice to have it back :)
and finally get to look through my folio lol.... didnt get to see much of it as a whole before i handed it in! It just looked like a big book of stress before i sent it away
Im pretty happy with it.... the presentation turned out really nice and i don't think i missed anything out

HSC
Adelya said:
:) Exam all done! yay! and it was surprisingly not too hard at all
I went and retrieved my MTP project today.... its been back for a few weeks but my textile teacher wouldn't let us take them until she had photocopied our folios for the year 11's to have a look at
Its nice to have it back :)
and finally get to look through my folio lol.... didnt get to see much of it as a whole before i handed it in! It just looked like a big book of stress before i sent it away
Im pretty happy with it.... the presentation turned out really nice and i don't think i missed anything out
Yay! Excellent. I pretty much thought the same.
LOL. It's just good to have them back. We can't take them until mid-next week though.
My guess is my teacher would also want to photocopy our foilos. Like, she does with all of them, each year! LOL.

HSC
~kiki said:
ok-- so I colected my MTP today after the exam. I though I'd post a pic. Sorry about the bad quality. The light quality is really poor in my room :/... It will only allow me to attach one :p.. So I'll do two posts
Oh WOW! That looks fantastic.
I'm still waiting up for the promised follow up photos.
It looks so good!
Clap, clap!

bethrealistic

HSC
Sorry to post something so unrelated, but I'm getting back in to sewing, since I finished my exams today!! =D

I'm making two formal dresses for my sister and my friend.

My friend's, but in a dark colour (indigo, maybe?) fabric instead.
http://www.burdastyle.com/creation/show/165

My sister's, in a red satin backed crepe. (Pattern alterations: no sleeves! boater neckline. low cut v-shaped backless style for the rear view.) Very 60s!
http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V8444.htm?tab=whats_new&page=2

HSC
bethrealistic said:
Sorry to post something so unrelated, but I'm getting back in to sewing, since I finished my exams today!! =D

I'm making two formal dresses for my sister and my friend.

My friend's, but in a dark colour (indigo, maybe?) fabric instead.
http://www.burdastyle.com/creation/show/165

My sister's, in a red satin backed crepe. (Pattern alterations: no sleeves! boater neckline. low cut v-shaped backless style for the rear view.) Very 60s!
http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V8444.htm?tab=whats_new&page=2
YAY! I love seeing things like this.
Ahh, I love both dresses.

The first, its really pretty yet elegant. I'm not too sure about the length too as someone stated, but it's very gorgeous.

The other pink dress, I love and want! It's so vintage looking. I love it!

Good on you for this. I have a few vintage dresses and clothes I have lying at home waiting to be altered.
And lucky you too!

hawkeyesgirl

HSC
Hey only just found this forum so i making up for lost time -
yay so happy the exam is over though worried i might have missed things out, but i did my best so watever.

my mtp came back finally - i actually did the costume for titania in a midsummer nights dream. Then five mins ago i saw that half way through the year someone posted that they wanted to do it but didnt cos too many people did fairy costumes last year - aaaaargh!!!

oh well waaayyy to late to worry now

HSC
hawkeyesgirl said:
Hey only just found this forum so i making up for lost time -
yay so happy the exam is over though worried i might have missed things out, but i did my best so watever.

my mtp came back finally - i actually did the costume for titania in a midsummer nights dream. Then five mins ago i saw that half way through the year someone posted that they wanted to do it but didnt cos too many people did fairy costumes last year - aaaaargh!!!

oh well waaayyy to late to worry now
Yeah, I thought I remembered somone say they were going to/did do that. I thought you were the same person! LOL.
Any chance you could post up some photos? I'd love to see everyones!

LOL. How funny would it be if someone on here got into Texstyles! That would be awesomes!

lilpie

HSC
OMG!!! some people are so fake and so full of themselves, they think they are better than others. they say they didnt study and there going to fail, yet they are the ones to top the class. YOU ARE SO FAKE!!!

Tan.

HSC
hey evry 1.
i only jus found this forum through the exam thoughts..we got our projects sent to our skool like 1st wk bak of term but we havnt seen them yet & we don get 2 till this friday coz that wen all the art, textiles & woodwork from our skool are displayed :(

how late did you all start your projects??? coz we like started plannin n stuff round this time last yr. our teacher's making nxt yrs yr 12s get there stuff in a couple of wks...so we hav plenty of time if stuff goes wrong & we sposed 2 do our folios like all the same time we do the prac.
like my whole class had the maths trial the mornin it was due but we finishd like the thurs or friday b4...none of us wanted 2 do all niters.

oh by the way i made a wall hanging of a scenic view of the beach... with a headland n water n sand n stuff using machine embroidery n other techniques. it was framed so the frame is wat cost the most of the whole thing....coz it was bout 90cm by a metre or sumfin
did any1 else find tho that bcoz u get ur stuff throughout the whole 3 terms or wateva the cost doesnt seem that much???...until you do the costing table.

well thats all from me for now.
xo

~kiki

HSC
Tan. said:
hey evry 1.
i only jus found this forum through the exam thoughts..we got our projects sent to our skool like 1st wk bak of term but we havnt seen them yet & we don get 2 till this friday coz that wen all the art, textiles & woodwork from our skool are displayed :(

how late did you all start your projects??? coz we like started plannin n stuff round this time last yr. our teacher's making nxt yrs yr 12s get there stuff in a couple of wks...so we hav plenty of time if stuff goes wrong & we sposed 2 do our folios like all the same time we do the prac.
like my whole class had the maths trial the mornin it was due but we finishd like the thurs or friday b4...none of us wanted 2 do all niters.

oh by the way i made a wall hanging of a scenic view of the beach... with a headland n water n sand n stuff using machine embroidery n other techniques. it was framed so the frame is wat cost the most of the whole thing....coz it was bout 90cm by a metre or sumfin
did any1 else find tho that bcoz u get ur stuff throughout the whole 3 terms or wateva the cost doesnt seem that much???...until you do the costing table.

well thats all from me for now.
xo
well, we were encouraged to start as soon as possible but our school was pretty lax. I think I started the project in the first few weeks of term 2 although I had my idea way before then. There were lots of mis-haps resulting in me having to repeat a rather large step-- felting the backing again ><... worst experience ever :p. I think I started the folio in the term two holidays... and I only finished in the last few days leading up to the due date because of trials.

Tan.

HSC
~kiki said:
well, we were encouraged to start as soon as possible but our school was pretty lax. I think I started the project in the first few weeks of term 2 although I had my idea way before then. There were lots of mis-haps resulting in me having to repeat a rather large step-- felting the backing again ><... worst experience ever :p. I think I started the folio in the term two holidays... and I only finished in the last few days leading up to the due date because of trials.
really we started in like xmas hols...yes we had holiday
& weekends & afternoons at times....which im so glad for coz yeh stuff always goes wrong, ur original plan doesnt work out or you run out of a material, thread etc & the shop no longer supplies it...so a lot of lessons in class wasted.
but yeh we didn really start our folio till like term 1 hols i think (cant really rememba anymore).
& our teacher photocopied our folios b4 they were sent in case anything happnd, & for the yr 11s.

lilpie

HSC
the person that i am talking about should know well by now who they are. if it helps, they attend the school Mount Saint Joseph in Milperra and apparently "top" the textiles and design course in that school (not that they deserve it)!!!

Last edited:

~kiki

HSC
Tan. said:
really we started in like xmas hols...yes we had holiday
& weekends & afternoons at times....which im so glad for coz yeh stuff always goes wrong, ur original plan doesnt work out or you run out of a material, thread etc & the shop no longer supplies it...so a lot of lessons in class wasted.
but yeh we didn really start our folio till like term 1 hols i think (cant really rememba anymore).
& our teacher photocopied our folios b4 they were sent in case anything happnd, & for the yr 11s.
gosh.. :p.. Well, I was away in South Africa visiting my gran in those holidays, and then I was in Byron Bay. Then again, my project was pretty small scale, but it worked because it was cohesive and the concept came through strongly. I think my friend started at a similar time to me. We both had two major projects-- art and textiles

~kiki

HSC
lilpie said:
the person that i am talking about should know well by now who they are. if it helps, they attend the school Mount Saint Joseph in Milperra and apparently "top" the textiles and design course in that school (not that they deserve it)!!!
oh ok... lol. Never heard of that school in my life :p... so no, I guess it doesn't help

beveritt

HSC
omg i cant blv i only find this forum now!!!!
geez all those nights up to 6am doin folio, this wuldv been nice haha.
we got ours back few weeks ago. yay!!! :) now i gotta find a place to hang it up lol.
oh, it was like a kinda opera theatre inspired coat. but i reckon i like my folio better than my actual garment. haha is that weird??

HSC
Hey all... you know how the major project is worth 50% and the HS is worth 50%.... what is our assments tasks we have done over the year count for?????????????????????????????????????? thankss

HSC
beveritt said:
omg i cant blv i only find this forum now!!!!
geez all those nights up to 6am doin folio, this wuldv been nice haha.
we got ours back few weeks ago. yay!!! :) now i gotta find a place to hang it up lol.
oh, it was like a kinda opera theatre inspired coat. but i reckon i like my folio better than my actual garment. haha is that weird??
LMAO. Not at all. I find that the same with me!
I think its because I'm sick of looking at my dress!

Tan.

HSC
rubificticious said:
LMAO. Not at all. I find that the same with me!
I think its because I'm sick of looking at my dress!
yeh tell me bout it. you so used to it that it hard to say wat looks good & wat doesnt, thats why its alwayz good to get other peoples opinions wen your working on it.
a wall hanging sposed to be continuously on display but rite now im jus sik of looking at it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)