2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

HSC
Adelya said:
I went to school to sign out and hand back text books today and just as I was about to leave the deputy principal and my textiles teacher came running after me and asked me to come to the office where they showed me the letter
Coincidence i was there just as they received it lol
I just got a bunch of flowers delivered to my house from the textiles teachers at the school haha... they are so sweet and were very happy... its quite a big thing for our school lol
Aww! That is so sweet!

So, I'm guessing ~kiki, you got notified by phone?

HSC
~kiki said:
Congratz Adelya! What did you make again? (did you post any photos early on in the forum?) =D *high 5*

Thank you rubi and em =D
I checked up on yours Adelya! And it is so fantastic.

What did you make again, ~kiki?
Was yours that moth Textile Art? I have bad memory.

HSC
Oh, and do you guys think today was the last day for notifications?
It just seems everyone has found out today.

~kiki

HSC
rubificticious said:
I checked up on yours Adelya! And it is so fantastic.

What did you make again, ~kiki?
Was yours that moth Textile Art? I have bad memory.
Yeah-- I was notified by phone. Actually, my teacher left a messege on my answering machine because I was at the hairdresser. I edited my first post (realised I didn't include that)... Yeah, mine was the one with the moth. Actually it was an abstract snow tree trunk :p...Sounds really bad, but I don't know how to describe it :p

em21

HSC
~kiki said:
heh heh. Thank you =D. So hyper right now. Um, I think for texSTYLE there are no preselections-- so we are in the exhibition...There was no letter- I got a phone call from my teacher. Apparently they are sending out the letters next week.

For ArtExpress its just a pre-selection at the moment- they still have to select the works to go into the exhibition
Well that is even better - you are definetly in!!!!! - so wish i was you right now...lol
And Adelya that is so sweet of your teacher and how good is that for your school - sounds a bit like mine we never have things like that happen to us so that is FANTASTIC!!!

HSC
~kiki said:
Yeah-- I was notified by phone. Actually, my teacher left a messege on my answering machine because I was at the hairdresser. I edited my first post (realised I didn't include that)... Yeah, mine was the one with the moth. Actually it was an abstract snow tree trunk :p...Sounds really bad, but I don't know how to describe it :p
I loved it anyway. Even though we didn't get to see too much of it.

~kiki

HSC
Adelya, yours is absolutely fantastic! I just found the photos. I did look at it when you initially submitted the photos and I remember thinking it was sure to get into texSTYLE. It is so beautifully made.

Last edited:

em21

HSC
~kiki said:
Yeah I had a look at your photo and it looks amazing - seriously i am not suprised you were selected

~kiki

HSC
em21 said:
Yeah I had a look at your photo and it looks amazing - seriously i am not suprised you were selected
aww thank you :).. I remember, I was supposed to post a second photo of the whole thing, but it took so long to upload that I gave up :p (slooow comp). It wasn't all that big really. About 98cm at its longest point by between 48 and 45cm wide. I remember on the morning it was due, I realised I forgot the moths antenna and I felt really upset :p

em21

HSC
OMG Adelya i just find the photos of your major work - they are AMAZING you definetly deserve to have been selected

Adelya

HSC
rubificticious said:
Oh, and do you guys think today was the last day for notifications?
It just seems everyone has found out today.
I came on her to post that i got in... and read back through the forum and found out the dates we were supposed to be notified lol. I hadn't been on her for about a week and had no idea about the dates for notification lol! So i was totally taken by surprise today when i found out! I seriously did not expect to get in... I think my folio helped a lot though, I like it better than my actual project.

And thanks heaps guys :) :) :)

HSC
Adelya said:
I came on her to post that i got in... and read back through the forum and found out the dates we were supposed to be notified lol. I hadn't been on her for about a week and had no idea about the dates for notification lol! So i was totally taken by surprise today when i found out! I seriously did not expect to get in... I think my folio helped a lot though, I like it better than my actual project.

LOL.
Same goes for me. It's funny.
I liked my folio much more than the project.

And any ideas if the notifications will still continue?

HSC
Adelya said:

Yeah, look, you really do deserve it.

em21

HSC
rubificticious said:
And any ideas if the notifications will still continue?
Yeah thats what I want to know but surely seen as people only seem to be starting to find out today there will still be more notifications to come - heres hoping anyway

HSC
em21 said:
Yeah thats what I want to know but surely seen as people only seem to be starting to find out today there will still be more notifications to come - heres hoping anyway
LOL. Exactly.
I'm yet to return my T&D textbook to my teacher, so maybe, if there'll be a notification, I'll find out then.

em21

HSC
rubificticious said:
LOL. Exactly.
I'm yet to return my T&D textbook to my teacher, so maybe, if there'll be a notification, I'll find out then.
That would be good - great way to end your high school career getting selected!!!!!

As for me, I have already signed out of school so hopefully they would ring me if i got in - mind you i highly doubt that would happen after seeing everyone else's on this forum - AMAZING!!!!:lol:

HSC
em21 said:
That would be good - great way to end your high school career getting selected!!!!!

As for me, I have already signed out of school so hopefully they would ring me if i got in - mind you i highly doubt that would happen after seeing everyone else's on this forum - AMAZING!!!!:lol:
But, do you think nominations are over?
Like, I highly doubt they'd be calling over the weekend. And they said nominations would be made this week.

beveritt

HSC
OMG congrats to those who got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats so awesome, u guys r so lucky!!!!!!

yeh, i reckon nominations wuld b over... like they only had to notify 40 ppl, how long could that take...

HSC
beveritt said:
OMG congrats to those who got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats so awesome, u guys r so lucky!!!!!!

yeh, i reckon nominations wuld b over... like they only had to notify 40 ppl, how long could that take...
Yeah. True.
Unless they were still deciding?
But I think that's unlikely.

~kiki

HSC
rubificticious said:
Yeah. True.
Unless they were still deciding?
But I think that's unlikely.
I think they had already decided by the last week of the holidays-- thats why we got them back in the first week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)