2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

Lauren.W

HSC
Hey 'naughtymanolo', what was it that you made again? i have a really bad memory

Congratulations to everyone that got into Texstyle, your projects must have been great!

naughtymanolo

HSC
i made a costume for bedazzlled, (modern day devil) it was a red silk pencil skirt with a black organza embroidered and beaded train, which could be lifted. A reversable corset with a peplum made from croc vinyl on one side and a patteren sating on the other (with applique flames) and a hat which was wire flame shapes wrapped in satin ribbon and beading, and removable tuffs of ribbon. So every peice could be changed to a different look KWIM? there are pic scattreed somewhere on this thread,

em21

HSC
Damn i am assuming that noone else has heard if they got into texstyle which is looking like nobody else will find out - what a shame - oh well everyone's project was still really great and we should all be really happy that we managed to successfully complete our projects - cos seriously some people in my class didn't even manage to completely finish and they only had the one major work - where others of us had two or three

em21

HSC
Totally off the subject here but i have my formal today and it is rainy, windy and cold - it sucks :mad1: - oh well i will have fun anyway

Adelya

HSC
Off topic- My formal was last night and it was also windy rainy and cold. My dress got all rain-splattered on the way in lol.
Overall a fairly awful night.
But yeah, our town is just doomed these days.

HSC
em21 said:
Damn i am assuming that noone else has heard if they got into texstyle which is looking like nobody else will find out - what a shame - oh well everyone's project was still really great and we should all be really happy that we managed to successfully complete our projects - cos seriously some people in my class didn't even manage to completely finish and they only had the one major work - where others of us had two or three
Well said.
It's funny how we only found out about 3 though.

And wow, you guys having formal now? Ours was, like so, so before HSC. Last day of school, before Stuvac.

em21

HSC
rubificticious said:
Well said.
It's funny how we only found out about 3 though.

And wow, you guys having formal now? Ours was, like so, so before HSC. Last day of school, before Stuvac.
I know you would think that we would have heard of more people by now but obviously not.

You had your formal on your last day of school, i have never heard of that happening before - we just had our graduation assembly that day and our formal after the HSC.
OOOOOOOH.......getting all excited now just got my hair done, still raining and cold but never mind it is going to be soooooooo much fun - shame we have to have photos in our school hall now cos it is too wet to go to the park in our town.

HSC
em21 said:
I know you would think that we would have heard of more people by now but obviously not.

You had your formal on your last day of school, i have never heard of that happening before - we just had our graduation assembly that day and our formal after the HSC.
OOOOOOOH.......getting all excited now just got my hair done, still raining and cold but never mind it is going to be soooooooo much fun - shame we have to have photos in our school hall now cos it is too wet to go to the park in our town.
Yeah. My school is a bit retarted. Like, let's have everything before the HSC even begins!

Oh, we don't have ours at the school. We had ours in Rosehill Racecourse. But I guess it would have been better at the school. More cosy.

Ahh, have fun tonight! Should be great! But tip: don't overrate it. Because that's what we did, pumping our selves up for it, and in the end it sucked. Badly.
Aww... excitement! I love getting hair done! That's one of the best parts!

em21

HSC
rubificticious said:
Yeah. My school is a bit retarted. Like, let's have everything before the HSC even begins!

Oh, we don't have ours at the school. We had ours in Rosehill Racecourse. But I guess it would have been better at the school. More cosy.

Ahh, have fun tonight! Should be great! But tip: don't overrate it. Because that's what we did, pumping our selves up for it, and in the end it sucked. Badly.
Aww... excitement! I love getting hair done! That's one of the best parts!
Yeah my school is a bit weird too and were only having our photos at the school and then the actual formal at a country golf club in the next town over - Rosehill Racecourse would have been pretty cool!!!

Adelya

HSC
We had ours at the Golf Club in town.. the food was really nice and all the decorations and everyone looked gorgeoussss. Night ended really early though and no after party... a friend in my years brother died in a car crash just up the road during the dinner so a lot of people were crying and leaving
Thats strange rubifictitious that you had yours when school ended! I would have liked ours to have been sooner...

Lamoo

Renegade Onion
HSC
Hi all!

Been away on schoolies, so haven't been near a computer for a week.

three so far?

make me number four. :) *glee*

School rang on Monday and my mum called me (as I was driving, dammit, halfway to Nelson Bay) to tell me that my project was selected for Texstyle.
My best friend actually answered the phone because I was driving, but I nearly had a car accident when he told me.

so we drank lots and lots of celebratory champagne when we got to where we were staying :p

anyone else hear anything?

and I hope you all enjoyed your formals too ;)

katherineham

HSC
hey guys!

congrats 2 those who got in!

those who didnt i wouldnt worry 2 much...a girl got in in my class...made a fairly simple cooton dress with a band of smoking and detail on the hem + a linen cropped jacket... i'm not tryin 2 say her project wasnt great but compared 2 some of the absolutely amazing stuff i've seen on here i'm surprised about who didnt get in! ...so i wouldnt stress 2 much!

think of it this way...while all the texstyle entries get sent away 4 1/2 a yr, we can eneter ours in design competitions and win prizes and money 4 our efforts...way better than an texstyle exhibition!

we all no that we deserved 2 be there!!!!

em21

HSC
katherineham said:
hey guys!

congrats 2 those who got in!

those who didnt i wouldnt worry 2 much...a girl got in in my class...made a fairly simple cooton dress with a band of smoking and detail on the hem + a linen cropped jacket... i'm not tryin 2 say her project wasnt great but compared 2 some of the absolutely amazing stuff i've seen on here i'm surprised about who didnt get in! ...so i wouldnt stress 2 much!

think of it this way...while all the texstyle entries get sent away 4 1/2 a yr, we can eneter ours in design competitions and win prizes and money 4 our efforts...way better than an texstyle exhibition!

we all no that we deserved 2 be there!!!!
Well said!!!!! :wave:

katherineham

HSC
em21 said:
Well said!!!!! :wave:
haha...thanks...thats what i've been tellin myself so i feel better bout not gettin in...

not that my friends gamrment wasn't great and it does deserve the accolades that it is gettin but compared 2 the deisgns on here it make me wonder whether gettin into texstyle really signififes that ur design was one of the best...
well 4 alot of them i'm sure it does...

but i recall from last years exhibition that the host lady said that they try 2 select a range of projects 2 show that u dont need to design something as extravagent as some garments 2 recieve a good mark

if that makes sense?!?!....

but still congrats 2 those who did get in!

em21

HSC
katherineham said:
haha...thanks...thats what i've been tellin myself so i feel better bout not gettin in...

not that my friends gamrment wasn't great and it does deserve the accolades that it is gettin but compared 2 the deisgns on here it make me wonder whether gettin into texstyle really signififes that ur design was one of the best...
well 4 alot of them i'm sure it does...

but i recall from last years exhibition that the host lady said that they try 2 select a range of projects 2 show that u dont need to design something as extravagent as some garments 2 recieve a good mark

if that makes sense?!?!....

but still congrats 2 those who did get in!
Yeah i have heard that as well and really when you look at some of the projects that get in they don't necessarily live up to your expectations like you thought that they would be a lot different to the ones that are shown, not that they aren't amazing - but then again i am probably just jealous...lol

Adelya

HSC
Oooooh!!!! CONGRATS LAMOO! :D
Bet you're enjoying filling out the paperwork and stuff for it just like i am... its a pain in the ass lol. I had to photograph mine again on a mannequin today

keelyq

HSC
wow
i cant believe only 3 ppl from this thread got in that is amazin thought there would have been heaps more thought we were the most dedicated nd committed folks to the subject
well congrats to those who got in nd those who may for some reason not have found out yet
i only found out yesty that ppl new if they got in so i was a tad bit devo nd also that i didnt check my box now :mad1:
was also extremely pissed off cause when examinin my dress after i picked it up there was massive blue pen marks on my white vinyl
seriously those markers must have hated mine if they felt the need to draw on it could have killed them
when is textstyle goin up
cant wait to hear bout who aced in the test nd the marks
but would the overall marks that can guarentee a place in texstyle b out yet
hmmmmmmmmmm

em21

HSC
keelyq said:
wow
i cant believe only 3 ppl from this thread got in that is amazin thought there would have been heaps more thought we were the most dedicated nd committed folks to the subject
well congrats to those who got in nd those who may for some reason not have found out yet
i only found out yesty that ppl new if they got in so i was a tad bit devo nd also that i didnt check my box now :mad1:
was also extremely pissed off cause when examinin my dress after i picked it up there was massive blue pen marks on my white vinyl
seriously those markers must have hated mine if they felt the need to draw on it could have killed them
when is textstyle goin up
cant wait to hear bout who aced in the test nd the marks
but would the overall marks that can guarentee a place in texstyle b out yet
hmmmmmmmmmm
OMG i can't believe they drew on your major work - i thought they were meant to take really good care of the projects
and i don't think texstyle starts until like early next year but yeah i wonder whether they have figured out the overall marks yet - you would think they must have seen as people have been notified that they got into texstyle - still haven't heard about anyone else getting in - bit shocking considering the standard of the projects that are shown on this forum

rlg2008sis

HSC
Hey congrats to the three ppl who got into Textsyle...for all those who didn't, I am sure your work was simply amazing and definitely deserving of it. My teacher, who wrote the new Textiles textbook, says that Texstlye doesn't get nearly enough recognition as it should. She also says that sometimes they pick very bizarre projects that just make you think 'look its nice, but is it really one of the 40 best?" They should really be displaying more, like they do in artexpress. And picking projects that really show a years worth of devotion. But this year they definitely put in the top 10. The people who get the top 10 in textiles overall (including your HSC paper and internal assessments) automatically get in.

em21

HSC
rlg2008sis said:
Hey congrats to the three ppl who got into Textsyle...for all those who didn't, I am sure your work was simply amazing and definitely deserving of it. My teacher, who wrote the new Textiles textbook, says that Texstlye doesn't get nearly enough recognition as it should. She also says that sometimes they pick very bizarre projects that just make you think 'look its nice, but is it really one of the 40 best?" They should really be displaying more, like they do in artexpress. And picking projects that really show a years worth of devotion. But this year they definitely put in the top 10. The people who get the top 10 in textiles overall (including your HSC paper and internal assessments) automatically get in.
So.......that must mean that they have already marked our exam papers and notified the top 10 people?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)