2007 Mtp Forum (1 Viewer)

~kiki

HSC
rlg2008sis said:
Hey congrats to the three ppl who got into Textsyle...for all those who didn't, I am sure your work was simply amazing and definitely deserving of it. My teacher, who wrote the new Textiles textbook, says that Texstlye doesn't get nearly enough recognition as it should. She also says that sometimes they pick very bizarre projects that just make you think 'look its nice, but is it really one of the 40 best?" They should really be displaying more, like they do in artexpress. And picking projects that really show a years worth of devotion. But this year they definitely put in the top 10. The people who get the top 10 in textiles overall (including your HSC paper and internal assessments) automatically get in.
Heh heh-- you go to my school :p... We didn't have a texstiles class but Ms Peters was my "mentor" because I was doing it at freshie and the class size was enormous. I would think that you would need to get into texstyle first in order to be in the top 10? As in, they select the works for texstyle and then they look at theory marks and select the top ten. Otherwise how would you choose? Theres so many great projects that are submitted.

beveritt

HSC
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!! i got 97 for textiles!!!!!! OMG im in shock!!!!!
Band 6 baby!!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
that is so much better than i could hav hoped for!!!

and i just had to tell sum1 not feel like waking any1 else up hahaha!

Adelya

HSC
:D Congrats Beveritt! Im joining you with 97 as well, I was so stoked when i saw that mark!
Phew... relief.... so happy with all of my marks

Tan.

HSC
hey evryone!
i got 90/100 in the exam...so happy..my hsc mark was only 89 tho.
my assessments & rank let me down a bit....altho our class was like very close it was alwayz changin.
im still pretty happy...i had g fever a lot of the yr so im stoked to get that...& the rest subjects were pretty good too.
:D

~kiki

HSC
heh heh-- I got 97 for textiles too! =D.. seems to be alot of 97's for textiles on here. I was really surprised about the exam mark though. I had ancient the day before and bio two days before so I didn't get very much of a chance to study. It was a good exam though--

HSC
I went last weekend to the Texstyle Exhibition with a few of my Sexstyle friends, and I have to say that the works are awesomeness.
Has anyone had a chance to visit?
I can post the lack-lustre photos I took of the MTPs if anyone's interested.
But, if you have the chance, go and see.
It opened Australia Day.

~kiki

HSC
rubificticious said:
I went last weekend to the Texstyle Exhibition with a few of my Sexstyle friends, and I have to say that the works are awesomeness.
Has anyone had a chance to visit?
I can post the lack-lustre photos I took of the MTPs if anyone's interested.
But, if you have the chance, go and see.
It opened Australia Day.
Hey rubi :)

Although the exhibition opens on the 26th of February the official opening ceremony is only on the 7th of February. I'm currently looking very foward to it ^^ :) Did you see mine? :p Its not in those creepy cubicles round the back is it?

HSC
~kiki said:
Hey rubi :)

Although the exhibition opens on the 26th of February the official opening ceremony is only on the 7th of February. I'm currently looking very foward to it ^^ :) Did you see mine? :p Its not in those creepy cubicles round the back is it?
Yeah, I read about that.
I did see yours. Well, me and my memory. The moth one, if I'm not mistaken?
And very nice work.
I was expecting something totally different though. Wall hanging was not in the item description. LOL.
And, no. Not in those cubicles. They really freak me out.
There is a cool animal costume in there that we absolutely loved, though.

Claps to all.
Fantastic stuff in there.
So much better than last year's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)