• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yea stewart's non-selection is a bit of a surprise. but anothony tupou? ryan hoffman deserves his place. i'd thought luke bailey would be a run on and white would be coming off the bench, but the selectors clearly have different ideas.

so mullen wins the race to halfback, i reckon the selectors don't expect too much from him. as long as he does ok, he'll get another shot at it in origin 2, and that's when they want more of him, like a miracle or something.

SyCoTiC

HSC
I think it'd be rather absurd not to have Anthony Tupou in the squad at the very least considering he plays for Australia. He's one of the most dangerous forwards going around at the moment I reckon, those offloads are very good and I put second phase plays in high regards for attacking teams.

Those two squads are pretty similar to last year's. Not too many surprises apart from Mullen but the selectors obviously want a fresh start and perhaps establish him as a permanent halfback for NSW in the future. He's definitely capable of it!

bored6

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
No. Anasta is shit.

Stewart was never going to make it. He only plays well at brookvale.
Haha. By the looks of your comments you seem to know shit all - whilst Anasta is universally held to be overated, and probably with good reason, he is in better form then just about any other five-eight in NSW at the moment.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
bored6 said:
Haha. By the looks of your comments you seem to know shit all - whilst Anasta is universally held to be overated, and probably with good reason, he is in better form then just about any other five-eight in NSW at the moment.
He is not in good form. He hasn't played well for 2 years. Gidley should be in at 6 and Farah should be on the bench.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Anasta is solid and that's what you need in Origin. I don't rate Gidley nearly as much as Anasta and that's because of Anasta's consistency.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Anasta is solid and that's what you need in Origin. I don't rate Gidley nearly as much as Anasta and that's because of Anasta's consistency.
Since Anasta moved to the Roosters he has done nothing. He has been consistently average. Even towards the end at the bulldogs he wasn't doing much. He is solid, and I wouldn't complete argue against him playing at lock but we can't afford to have him taking up the spot of someone who might actually help us get tries.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
No. Anasta is shit.

Stewart was never going to make it. He only plays well at brookvale.
Anasta isn't shit; he's been playing awesome this year.

I agree, Stewart was never going to make it. But for a different reason. I think because the selectors were never going to pick anyone other than Minichiello.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
anasta is doing pretty good imo, like i said, if it wasnt for him, roosters would struggle to put points on board.

i reckon the selectors picked mini simply because of the 'faith' rubbish and the fact that he isnt too bad. probably also that mini has played origin before so he wouldnt get stage freight.

HSC
wuddie said:
yea stewart's non-selection is a bit of a surprise. but anothony tupou? ryan hoffman deserves his place. i'd thought luke bailey would be a run on and white would be coming off the bench, but the selectors clearly have different ideas.

so mullen wins the race to halfback, i reckon the selectors don't expect too much from him. as long as he does ok, he'll get another shot at it in origin 2, and that's when they want more of him, like a miracle or something.
mini is in the team because he has done the job before and he is in OK form (which is enough)

as for bailey on the bench...all i can say for bailey is that its a tactical thing. white and kite are much more effective starting the game, and bailey can have a huge impact off the bench (he's won a MOTM before doing that).

i think if mullens picked for origin one, then he should be picked for the whole series.

HSC
gidley should not be playing five eighth. he's been selected there two years running in country origin and has done nothing there. he plays his best from fullback.

anasta is in good form, but simply he should be playing lock, not five eighth..he's a lock. and i didnt say selected for nsw at lock, just playing lock.

farah on the bench is too risky. all he will be doing if he was playing is replacing buderus at hooker, and if theres an injury or something, what then?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Does anyone know if there are going to be any live sites (which aren't pubs) set up for SoO1?

HSC
anasta mullen is the best halves they could have picked. and the NSW bench beats the living shit out of the QLD bench.

typical QLD, always trying to be the underdog, they are gonna say that everyone is carrying injury bullshit and then there is all that passion crap i hate it.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
withoutaface said:
Does anyone know if there are going to be any live sites (which aren't pubs) set up for SoO1?
Why would there be...that's what pubs are for.

HSC
withoutaface said:
im pretty sure they show the state of origin at leagues clubs if you want to go there? although i wouldnt imagine itd be that much different to going to a pub.

Last edited:

bored6

HSC
extraordinary07 said:
anasta mullen is the best halves they could have picked. and the NSW bench beats the living shit out of the QLD bench.

typical QLD, always trying to be the underdog, they are gonna say that everyone is carrying injury bullshit and then there is all that passion crap i hate it.
While I agree with your conclusion, I derive from it that you are gay and thus derive at the conclusion you shall lose in modern history.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
extraordinary07 said:

By form QLD are the underdogs - the Broncos are in terrible form. And the cowboys in form player (Matt Bowen) wasnt selected. Smith is consistent - but does have any magic like Farah same can be said to Buderus.

Compared to:

Anasta and Mullen who are in terrific form. In general QLD origin players are well behind in terms of form. But I guess in Origin it doesnt matter how good your form is - cos at that level you will play at your best anyway.

Cant understand why Gidley is on the bench - just play him Fullback and have Farah on the bench. Farah is a more versatile.

Anyhow what are you predictions for the score?

I expect Origin 1 - QLD to win by 10 points.

HSC
HotShot said:
Cant understand why Gidley is on the bench - just play him Fullback and have Farah on the bench. Farah is a more versatile.
gidley has the ability to play every position in the backline, he has played hooker for the knights.

farrah, lets see.....replacement dummy half? yes, much more versatile. btw he simply isnt good enough to be a replacement half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)