2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
I agree with you, Anasta is too big to be a 5/8.

Is Wing going to the Panthers next year?

Newton signed with the Storm and Tate signed with the Warriors.
I really hope Wing stays a Rooster.

There's been people saying that he's going to Union or Bulldogs or Panthers, but fingers crossed that he stays a Rooster, and that the Roosters management doesn't let another quality player slip away.

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
*sigh* Soward's gone. :(
I was hoping, and assuming, that it would be Lewis and Soward as #6 and #7. But instead they bring up Pearce; I don't see what the big fuss about him is about... and Anasta, who is a LOCK. AND they get rid of Lewis and Soward.

I'm worried about Roosters vs Knights.
The Knights were thrashed last week. And the Roosters won last week. So technically I shouldn't be worried...
i dont really rate soward that much, has done sweet fuck all for the roosters. hopefully he achieves something with the dragons. i think pearce is a very good prospect. i can understand them bringing pearce up, but i don't understand why they let lewis and soward go in favour of anasta playing five eighth. they are really going to regret the loss of lewis.

i wouldn't be surprised if wing left, roosters management let some quality players go in favour for more and more forwards at inflated prices, seems to the trend these days. .

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
I just never really liked Smithy, he tends to bring players in from out of the locals and with a team like Newcastle who love their local juniors, it's going to hurt them badly. I'll never understand why a club like Newcastle brought someone like Smith in. I would've much rather opted for John Lang, he had a similar scenario and got Penrith a premiership because of his ability to bring in the locals and with a good mix of experienced and talented, he got results from it.
yea i tend to agree, john lang has a far better record than smith in terms of coaching. i am ok with him at the moment, but if the knights go on a losing streak because he started sacking local born and bred players mid-season, every knights fan will rip his head off.

but danny wicks is a knights junior, so is luke macdougall, so i guess that's fine.

HSC
wuddie said:
but danny wicks is a knights junior, so is luke macdougall, so i guess that's fine.
nah, fair isnt. luke macdougall isn't originally from newcastle, neither is adam macdougall. in fact...according to the dragons website luke macdougalls junior club was sutherland and he has never played for the knights (he did play for the sharks). adam macdougall played the roosters before he starred for the knights.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Tate signing a $400,000 contract is a joke.

No back is worth that much in today's game unless your position is fullback. The only positions I see these days worth anywhere near that much is the halves as well as possibly hooker position and that's if you're at the top of your game at the highest level of football. He's anything but that, though considering his chances of a shortening career due to that expensive neck of his, I'd go for the money first if I were in his shoes, he's got a family to look after. Good luck to him at the Warriors. Hope the Broncos bring in young Denan Kemp, had an absolute ripper of a game against Manly during Origin round!

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Tate signing a $400,000 contract is a joke.

No back is worth that much in today's game unless your position is fullback. The only positions I see these days worth anywhere near that much is the halves as well as possibly hooker position and that's if you're at the top of your game at the highest level of football. He's anything but that, though considering his chances of a shortening career due to that expensive neck of his, I'd go for the money first if I were in his shoes, he's got a family to look after. Good luck to him at the Warriors. Hope the Broncos bring in young Denan Kemp, had an absolute ripper of a game against Manly during Origin round!
any player is as worth as much as teams are willing to pay for him, i.e. the highest bidder. tate is not just coming to the club as a centre/wing but also as a marquee signing, which is different.

Sammi B

HSC
seriously gotta stop tipping the dragons....id win all the comps im in. shittest team this season. and wtf matt cooper captain? they r obviously low on players

...tipped em again this week...

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
This has to be the most exciting game I've seen all season (Penrith v Manly)

GO MANLY!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wuddie said:
holy mother of jesus, 2 upsets on one night.

my tippings are going down the drain.
Doesn't bother me at all.... the other 4 people in my tipping comp also went Eagles-Broncos.

I am getting sick of stupid errors and inconsistency from basically every team in the comp at the moment. I'm going to stop watching so many games pretty soon.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wuddie said:
holy mother of jesus, 2 upsets on one night.

my tippings are going down the drain.
why do fuckwits like you have the urge to reveal who wins the game? Obviously a shitload of people want to watch the second game on TV and not have the result spoiled for them. Fuck you. Seriously. Thanks for ruining the game.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
stazi said:
why do fuckwits like you have the urge to reveal who wins the game? Obviously a shitload of people want to watch the second game on TV and not have the result spoiled for them. Fuck you. Seriously. Thanks for ruining the game.
I don't look in this thread when I want to watch games for that exact reason.

Sammi B

HSC
Sammi B said:
seriously gotta stop tipping the dragons....id win all the comps im in. shittest team this season. and wtf matt cooper captain? they r obviously low on players

...tipped em again this week...
i retract this statement...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't look in this thread when I want to watch games for that exact reason.
Yeah, I just expected that people had more sense. I mean, I go into this thread to discuss games that are currently airing. If a game hasn't been shown on Foxtel yet, and I know the result, I still won't talk about it in here, even if only a very small number of people on this forum are likely to be subscribed to Fox Sports

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
stazi said:
dude, wtf is your problem? if you don't want to know the result, then don't go on the internet. you can't stop other people discussing games which have already finished because you are too freaken slow to realise chnl 9 delays their broadcast.

do we have to seek your permission the next time we talk about a game, to make sure you've seen it? ds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)