• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
anasta played shit, so did mullen but hey, maybe he'll turn into andrew johns someday, just need to give him time. But anasta, no excuse!

We just can't compete in the halves
thurston and lockyer shits all over anasta / mullen

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
MuffinMan said:
anasta played shit, so did mullen but hey, maybe he'll turn into andrew johns someday, just need to give him time. But anasta, no excuse!

We just can't compete in the halves
thurston and lockyer shits all over anasta / mullen
i don't know if you were watching the same game as i did, but thurston and lockyer were at no point shitted all over the nsw halves. they were made looked better because their decoy plays fooled our defence every time, that is just from set plays. thurston obviously kicked better but you also have to remember hunt is pretty quick and he is one of the best at kick returns.

full credit to nsw backline, they played so much better than qld's star studded backline. i mean, how many times have you seen inglis or bell got involved? apart from inglis' 2 tries, i didn't think he was even playing.

i reckon nsw gave that game away to qld in about 20min after half time. no one in particular is to blame, but obviously the nsw's team mentallywas content with the fact they were leading and just took it easy. qld fired up at the right moment and got the points in quick succession. it is quite disappointing to see nsw lose the game in just 20min and played better than qld in the other 60min or so.

i say keep the same team, this game should have gone to nsw, but it wasn't to be.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wuddie said:
full credit to nsw backline, they played so much better than qld's star studded backline. i mean, how many times have you seen inglis or bell got involved? apart from inglis' 2 tries, i didn't think he was even playing.

i reckon nsw gave that game away to qld in about 20min after half time. no one in particular is to blame, but obviously the nsw's team mentallywas content with the fact they were leading and just took it easy. qld fired up at the right moment and got the points in quick succession. it is quite disappointing to see nsw lose the game in just 20min and played better than qld in the other 60min or so.

i say keep the same team, this game should have gone to nsw, but it wasn't to be.
Apart from the two tries I can only remember Inglis touching the ball one other time, and I can only remember Bell touching it that one time he bombed a try.

That's exactly right. No single person is to blame. QLD's kicking was clearly superior but that is about it.

The team should stay the same.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
tate was pretty disapointing. Didn't get involved much in the game. Ingis was alright though, he did get involved somewhat. It was just our errors that got us I suppose. But anasta / mullen didn't get as involved as much as they needed to, and hence the disappointment.

rockandorroll

HSC
Okay qld won.
In my biased opinion sharks players shouldda played. We are coming 3rd with no origin players and roosters are 16th with 3! Wtf mate!

But the roy/hg (minus roy)coverage on triple j was funni. They called anasta the hole last year and this year they nickname him overrated. Also mini is the count.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Wuddie does the word "stat170" mean anything to you? Just curious.. =O

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Nothing too surprising really.

Minichello was ordinary.. made to look extraordinary cos that shit NSW where. Haynes did everything right in that situation got to the ball, he knew that the QLD chasers would push him over, the best chance was for him to pass to Minichello.

But Minichello was tard and couldnt read the game properly should have waited back - waiting for a pass, but instead ran towards for some reason. Had Haynes not thrown that pass, he would been pushed over and QLD would score being so close to goal. At least if Mini caught the ball then NSW would have possession.

Thurston kicking game was brillaint. Mullen was ordinary didnt have bad game nor a good game. Anasta was brillaint, Mullen had no pressure whatsoever from the QLD, I mean Haynes copped a lot, but Anasta was under quite bit of pressure.

Our Forwards in general were ok, but we didnt use them well in attack. In defense our backs were pathetic. This is why need someone experienced at half-back.

Buderus wtf man - he did jackshit. Gidley as well just goes in pops his shoulder. I also question Murray's tactics? Why do take the captain off when you are leading the game and you know QLD are fucken champs at comebacks?.. It would have been starting with Gidley and then Buderus.

The first try from QLD summed up the game, NSW were never in it. Hindmarsh got a free try. Price first one was clearly forward - although everyone said it wasnt - but think about.. he passed it went in front of the first receiver - who normally much further forward than the second reciver and the second reciever got the ball in front him.

Again.. NSW couldnt read QLD plays.. They had inglis on the wing intially it was quite obcious they will utlise his height so on the fourth or fifth the ball would to the corner high in the air.. Matt King. didnt read it all.

Then they switched with Hunt in the wing, he is small.. obviosly it was gonna be low grubber..

Changes:
Gidley, Buderus, Minichello, Mullen, Kite, Tupou were all below Par. Bring in Farah, Orford and LAffranchi..

For QLD - their backline will be the same, BOwen get in some where.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
rockandorroll said:
Okay qld won.
In my biased opinion sharks players shouldda played. We are coming 3rd with no origin players and roosters are 16th with 3! Wtf mate!
i reckon, topou had absolutely no impact, paul gallen should have been there, he's an 80 minute player, and won man of the match in the last two games for the sharks.

fernando said:
Wuddie does the word "stat170" mean anything to you? Just curious.. =O
on behalf of wuddie, no, sorry, it doesnt

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
stat170? care to explain?

everytime a team in loses in origin, those who don't know much about the game blame the players and want to bring in about 20 changes to the team. on the apparent 'lack of involvement' from buderus - he made 32 tackles in 64min, double that of mason. mini was clearly outstanding at fullback, saved at least 3 tries. kidley injured himself after 17min of play, so it is not even sure if he'll be fit for origin 2. kite on the other hand, he has only played 36min as a run on forward and qld nailed him everytime, bring in hoffman.

leave anasta and mullen where they are, had nsw not dosed off and won the game, you guys would have said things a lot differently.

HSC
oh well NSW will win game two i hope. mullen will learn from this game and hopefully the selectors will not make huge changes. omeley maybe could be back and i think if anyone was crap it was king geez his reads in defence were woeful it might work for melbourne but not at rep level.

i think farah or wing should come in for gidley and carl webb for kaufusi.

HSC
so many essays! but really its simple. nsw were only going to win if they won the forwards battle. if not they were fucked. nsw won the forwards battle in the first half. they went into halftime with a 12 point lead. they lost the forwards battle in the second half, they pretty much went missing and then queensland came back. they went scoreless, lost the second half by 19 and the match by 7.

HotShot said:
Again.. NSW couldnt read QLD plays.. They had inglis on the wing intially it was quite obcious they will utlise his height so on the fourth or fifth the ball would to the corner high in the air.. Matt King. didnt read it all.
it wasn't king's fault. they were short on that edge, he had to come in. and qld exploited that. if he didn't qld would've just done a backline move and bell/inglis would've scored anyway.

as for changes? changes in the forwards i think. backline is rubbish but on the back of an awesome pack they will wreak havoc. nsw simply need to win the forward battle and they WILL win.

el gwapo

HSC
I still don't get why Hindmarsh is spending a lot of time in the bench. He is best used when he just keeps on going and going...we had Willie and Hindy off, not a good idea, especially when our halfback was a new guy.

Ox in for Mullen I reckon, we need a better all-round kicking game, and I think Anasta will do a lot better feeding off a more experienced 7. indeed the forwards lost momentum in the second half, but with 6th tackle kicks landing in Hunt's throat, it really didn't help them. and Robbie Farah in, Gidley is out injured, and the former should've been in as he was the better hooker, and his kicking game is leaps and bounds better than Bedsy's, no offence to Buderus

Last edited:

SyCoTiC

HSC
Willie had a hamstring strain and I've still got question marks over their option to take Hindmarsh off after 20 odd minutes of play. Wonder what Murray was saying during half time...

QUEENSLANDER!

HSC
el gwapo said:
I still don't get why Hindmarsh is spending a lot of time in the bench. He is best used when he just keeps on going and going...we had Willie and Hindy off, not a good idea, especially when our halfback was a new guy.

Ox in for Mullen I reckon, we need a better all-round kicking game, and I think Anasta will do a lot better feeding off a more experienced 7. indeed the forwards lost momentum in the second half, but with 6th tackle kicks landing in Hunt's throat, it really didn't help them. and Robbie Farah in, Gidley is out injured, and the former should've been in as he was the better hooker, and his kicking game is leaps and bounds better than Bedsy's, no offence to Buderus
dude, totally unrelated to this post but are you filo?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
el gwapo said:

hindmarsh and mason are marquee players in their respective club, that's why they may be 80min players. origin is when every player get their equal chance to show off their talent, so giving hindmarsh a break isn't that extraordinary.

if everytime a debutant stuffs up (ot saying mullen stuffed up, he played well except for his kicking game and now yone wants his head just because of that) and you bring in a more experienced player, would the likes of johns, fittler and lang become the star they were? you have to be tolerant and give them time. even if nsw does bring in a more experienced halfback, anasta isn't going to play a hell lot better than he did on wedn night, and he played pretty good. if anasta didn't produce his career best match when he was alongside johns, that just proves the player next to anasta does not affect him. keep mullen there.

robbie farah to replace buderus just on the basis that he can kick better? you need to watch more of buderus' games, champ.

HSC
watatank said:
he missed them, that's what. this is el masri we are talking about here.
Exactly.

IMO, Anasta + Minichiello played well. Mullen did alright too. But NSW kicking game was awful
iamsickofyear12 said:
I know Hayne scored a really good try in the first half but that pass in the second half was disgraceful. NSW kicking was horrible. It needs to be fixed.
Yep, I agree.
iamsickofyear12 said:
NSW basically threw it away... as they have done at least a couple times in the last few years. If you can't score in the entire second half you don't deserve to win.
Yeah.
SyCoTiC said:
Willie had a hamstring strain and I've still got question marks over their option to take Hindmarsh off after 20 odd minutes of play.
Same here, no idea why they did that.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahahahha how many errors are in this game! exciting game to watch, though.

lengy

HSC
Fuck. Both my teams are currently losing by 12 to 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)