2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Really disappointed with Manly's performance.

Like AFL, the NRL grand final wasn't a close one. But congratulations Melbourne - our 2007 premiers.

HSC
I didn't really care who won either, i just wanted to see a good game, but I was disappointed. That wasn't a good game to watch; nothing spectacular or exciting happened. :(

It would've been better if the Roosters were playing...

Awwww, and now we've gotta wait ages for the 2008 season.

Bring it on. :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
if I move to Balmain next year, I may as well support the tigers

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
it was close until half time. manly gave up completely after brett stewart got nailed. it was a great game nonetheless, melb really put on a show for the fans and it was only justice that they win it, after being the dominant team for two years.

congrats melb.

now bring on 2008!!!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I have never liked the night time grand final but this year it really ruined the game for me. It didn't feel like a grand final at all. It just seemed like another Friday night game. They need to change it back to an afternoon game.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Is it just me or did I feel the ref was biased towards the Storm?

The first tackling on Billy, was no way a penalty. It was pretty much a one-one tackle. then you compare this to Crocker's late hit on Stewart - which was not a penalty.

He hit him high.. above the neck - least i would expected a penalty and probably should have been sin-binned.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
HotShot said:
Is it just me or did I feel the ref was biased towards the Storm?

The first tackling on Billy, was no way a penalty. It was pretty much a one-one tackle. then you compare this to Crocker's late hit on Stewart - which was not a penalty.

He hit him high.. above the neck - least i would expected a penalty and probably should have been sin-binned.
I thought the ref did pretty well. I only remember two bad calls.

Near the start of the game Manly had a goal-line dropout despite the fact that it was an obvious knock-on by the Storm.

Crocker's tackle on Stewart. Not because it was late, but because I thought the rule was that you couldn't shoulder people in the head. If they want to change the rule and allow it thats fine, but as long as the rule is there they should follow it.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I thought the ref did pretty well. I only remember two bad calls.

Near the start of the game Manly had a goal-line dropout despite the fact that it was an obvious knock-on by the Storm.

Crocker's tackle on Stewart. Not because it was late, but because I thought the rule was that you couldn't shoulder people in the head. If they want to change the rule and allow it thats fine, but as long as the rule is there they should follow it.
Yeah, I think the ref went well.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they did change that rule, I think it was after Morley (I wish he was still a Rooster) shouldered someone in the head, and knocked them out.

ledzeppelin

HSC
a good day of rugby league ahead
super league gf sunday morning (2.30am onwards), then the test match from 12.30pm

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
a good day of rugby league ahead
super league gf sunday morning (2.30am onwards), then the test match from 12.30pm
Hmmm, I don't know whether I'll watch the test match. The only Rooster involved is Ronnie Palmer!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
steve matai, what a joker of a c*nt. i've seen it coming for ages. he always races off the line to look to blindside someone, hardly a fair contest even if he pulls it off. today he comes out with a swinging arm - he might as well stabbed him with a knife. deserves the send off, hopefully gets suspended for ages.

nicely polished win for the aussies nonetheless, greg bird the star imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)