2007 poetry B.O.W titles! (1 Viewer)

holden4ever89

HSC
is it presumptious to be considering titles without a complete first draft lol??

im considering -'NEUTRAL'
-'ROAD/RAGE
-'ROADWORKS'

or something along those lines lol

wat is everyone else considering??

Iolar

HSC
N/A
im not even really near there yet!!!

holden4ever89

HSC
i'm not going WELL at all - i have lots of stuff, yet the quality is definately lacking. but i have a habit of that - ohh i like this title! without any poem to go with it lol.

but i changed my overall title today anyway

how is everyone else going!???

dreamer77

HSC
I thought of my title before I'd actually started writing. But I had my concept and everything, so the title hasn't changed!

Don't worry, my poetry is really crap at the moment, but I just write as much as I can so I have stuff to work with. Don't get too self-critical! Just keep going. You'll have time to refine your poetry if you're organised.

tillytilly

HSC
I'm not going anywhere near a title until I'm finished writing, I'm making a list of potential ones as I go but I don't want to think of it as one name and then have to change it. The title's going to influence how you and other people perceive it, so I want to wait until I have a perfect title, then I'll name it.

shimmy&shine

HSC
my title was just a line out of Plath's poetry. I thought it was the 'prettiest', lol. nah, it embodied all my concepts, so that's why i chose it. but when i didn't have a title, i was stressed about not having one.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I wonder if you could get away with not having a title provided you come up with an explanation for it. It'd make for an interesting paragraph or two in the reflection statement.

holden4ever89

HSC
hmm...no title...then you get into showcase, that would screw them up baha

my title changed today by the way

i wish i could have two titles! then it would be so much easier,

perhaps i should just do two bodies of work!

tillytilly

HSC
Dammit, there was meant to be a big blank space there. Like __________ by *insert name here*. Pssh.

tillytilly

HSC
Haha yeah, just say it's "postmodern", you're "removing the limitations the title places upon the work" *tips beret* ... that'll work. I love being pretentious lol.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
That's just the kind of post-modern explanation I was talking about. You could easily draw that on indefinitely by discussing titles you considered and the limitations they placed upon the work. Pretentiousness to the nth degree.

holden4ever89

HSC
'which way is home?'

that sounds cool, intriguing

i can't wait to read other peoples completed works

mine is now entitled 'Hit and Run'

but you will see that anyway in the 2007 showcase

haha dream big, fall far...thats what i say

tillytilly

HSC
At the moment, my working title is 'Patria Potestas'. Patria Potestas is the name of an ancient Roman law meaning 'the power of the father'. That has a lot to do with the rest of the work as well, at the beginning the mother and father argue about something and that is the catalyst eventually for everything else that happens.

Yeah. What d'you reckon?

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Interesting choice of language for the title. It'd be particularly cool if you had bits and pieces of your actual major work in latin as well.

mad-triste

HSC
Oh GOD. I have no title.

I want it to involve the words "surreal", "requiem", "synethsesia" or "aesthetic"; as they are all involved in my work.

Damn, it's due next week, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)