• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition/Iemma or Debnam? (1 Viewer)

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition?

• Labor

Votes: 125 46.5%
  • Coalition

Votes: 77 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Still Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
I don't think anybody expects that much from the Greens themselves - people vote for them to tell the actual government that they want something done about the environment.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Despite any deficiencies on Debnam's part, the state needs a change... Iemma is residing over a state of spin and reannouncement. For a man who cannot look directly and address the media, his arrogance in the house astounds me...

kaviii

HSC
Debnam is a racist crazy right winger retard, remember the crounulla riots, he wants the police to charge middle eastern gangs with "anything" there are two probelms with that

a) im no expert in law but is "anything" a crime?
b) Why only middle eastern?, what about anglo saxon white people who were chasing innocent mid eastern bystanders?

Also there is internal conflict in his party between the christian extreme rights i think, it was on stateline a while back, i think he is jus a puppet of the Christian Right, il never vote for religion to be mixed into politcs so im gonna vote the greens or democrates if i can

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
kaviii said:
Debnam is a racist crazy right winger retard, remember the crounulla riots, he wants the police to charge middle eastern gangs with "anything" there are two probelms with that

a) im no expert in law but is "anything" a crime?
b) Why only middle eastern?, what about anglo saxon white people who were chasing innocent mid eastern bystanders?

Also there is internal conflict in his party between the christian extreme rights i think, it was on stateline a while back, i think he is jus a puppet of the Christian Right, il never vote for religion to be mixed into politcs so im gonna vote the greens or democrates if i can
And the Labor party are not controlled by the same factional infighting? The only reason that John Watkins (who has far more potential ability than Iemma) did not become Premier, was because he did not have support of the powerful right in the NSW ALP...

Iemma is the equivalent puppet to Debnam in the LPA; albeit a less radical right faction in control..

ZabZu

HSC
Debnam is not in control of his party. He supports long-standing candidates for pre-selection but they are beaten by right-wing candidates. Branch staking is widespread with Liberal several branch members loyal to Liberal MP David Clarke.

I am very disappointed with the ALP in NSW, it seems they cant do anything right. But there isnt much of an alternative.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
ZabZu said:
Debnam is not in control of his party. He supports long-standing candidates for pre-selection but they are beaten by right-wing candidates. Branch staking is widespread with Liberal several branch members loyal to Liberal MP David Clarke. .
And the ALP is a fine upstanding party that did not venture into the branch stacking stakes... the ALP has been plagued by branch stacking for many a year..

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
There IS an alternative to Labor and Liberal - Family First.

Vote 1 Family First in the Upper House, and ensure that we have a sensible voice in our Parliament.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Speaking of State Elections, the Victorians look pretty certain to vote Labor back into power today.

They're going to be very thirsty soon, especially with Greens gaining support.

As for my mention of the Greens before, I think your responses confirmed that when people talk about stopping climate change, it's more about symbols and doing things to make oneself feel good rather than making any measurable difference. Which is pretty natural.

HSC
Phanatical said:

Vote 1 Family First in the Upper House, and ensure that we have a sensible voice in our Parliament.
If only they weren't nut jobs, I'd consider it.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I think family first get a worse reputation than they deserve, their policies (on their website) are all fairly vague, the only controversial thing is really the compulsory internet filter idea. At any rate if you wanted to go that way the CDP are better, less left-leaning economically and no censorship policies.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:

http://www.cdp.org.au/main.asp

FAMILY FIRST NOT TO RUN IN 2007
It's official. Family First (NSW) have advised CDP that they will not be running in the State Elections in 2007. We are very grateful to their State Director Dr Ivan Herald and his team for kindly informing CDP of this decision.

This has major wonderful implications for CDP - namely that CDP will now have a good chance in our endeavours to be elected into the NSW Upper House in 2007. I would like to publicly thank Ivan for this gesture, and pray that the Christian Democratic Party and Family First may work co-operatively together where-ever possible, to see that godliness is a virtue pursued by the NSW and Federal Governments.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...-election-fight/2006/01/11/1136956242999.html

So I suppose what you should really be saying is vote 1 CDP for the upper house, which enough people usually do, I know I am, vote 1 libs for lower house since they're the only ones who can get rid of Labor and Iemma.

Last edited:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ElendilPeredhil said:
If only they weren't nut jobs, I'd consider it.
Yeah because the Greens and Democrats are the pinnacle of sanity right?

kaviii

HSC
Phanatical said:

ah yes, just what we need more far right politicians

[/sarcasm\

HSC
Phanatical said:

That's like saying vote for the Communist Party and ensure that we have a stable and posperous economy...

kaviii

HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
I won't be voting Democrat or Greens, so stfu.
who are you thinking to vote for? im all for greens demmycrap and independents stuff the major parties and stuff family first and fred niles

HSC
kaviii said:
who are you thinking to vote for? im all for greens demmycrap and independents stuff the major parties and stuff family first and fred niles
labour mostly,

but my local is an independant and he's a good guy, for an MP, so, him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)