2007 UTS Offers (1 Viewer)

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
JTN said:
ME 2,

I got a UAI of 83.9, I wanted to get into BBus/BComp which is 84 but i got B Engineering ICT (Computer Systems) which is 85.

WTF is going on, can i still get into BBus/BComp, it was my second choice and Engineering ICT (Computer Systems) was my third, I'm very confused
How could the combined degree be lower :S?

There were vacancies in all of the engineering courses, that's probably why.

As a sidenote, I've just noticed in the paper...

B. Engineering 85
B. Business 90
B. Engineering B. Business 85

How does that work? The combined degree takes the lower UAI. Couldn't you enrol in the double, drop the engineering degree, and get into business with 5 less points?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you cant just drop it
if you want to drop it, i think you have to apply for an internal transfer

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
drewgcn said:
How could the combined degree be lower :S?

There were vacancies in all of the engineering courses, that's probably why.

As a sidenote, I've just noticed in the paper...

B. Engineering 85
B. Business 90
B. Engineering B. Business 85

How does that work? The combined degree takes the lower UAI. Couldn't you enrol in the double, drop the engineering degree, and get into business with 5 less points?
Combined degrees a lower because they normally have less demand than a straight single course (takes more time and money to do one).

Internal course transfers only work within the same faculty or if you are trying to drop international studies.
As I believe the Engineering/Business course belongs to the Engineering faculty and the Business course belongs to the Business faculty --> You will have to apply via UAC again to transfer to the course. Given high demand in business at UTS it isn't very easy and a simple credit average may not be enough.

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
absolutepureobl said:
I think I picked 10:30 on Tuesday :(
11:30 Tuesday was the earliest I could pick.

Just go to my profile and click on my MySpace if you want to see pics of me, don't be scared off by my default picture it's just my best friend and my boyfriend. :p If you don't have myspace just PM me and I'll send a pic over.

I'm sure we'll see each other around at some point, I shouldn't be that hard to miss-- I'm about 178cm tall. :eek:

Anyway I could really stand to get to know some people doing nursing UTS because most of my grade, if going for tertiary education, have chosen UNCLE or private colleges . Er and we weren't really known as an "intellectual" grade, so not many are going to uni at all.

absolutepureobl

manic monday
HSC
Riona said:
11:30 Tuesday was the earliest I could pick.

Just go to my profile and click on my MySpace if you want to see pics of me, don't be scared off by my default picture it's just my best friend and my boyfriend. :p If you don't have myspace just PM me and I'll send a pic over.

I'm sure we'll see each other around at some point, I shouldn't be that hard to miss-- I'm about 178cm tall. :eek:

Anyway I could really stand to get to know some people doing nursing UTS because most of my grade, if going for tertiary education, have chosen UNCLE or private colleges . Er and we weren't really known as an "intellectual" grade, so not many are going to uni at all.
I checked and I'm going to 11:30 too! I'm pretty easy to miss, I'm about 161cm tall. I've got a few photos here - http://myfavouritescar.livejournal.com/18285.html?mode=reply
I don't have myspace.

sarah89

HSC
bachelor of arts in communication (journalism) full time city campus
:) yaya im stoked first preference and everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)