2007ers - What do you want to do after the HSC? (1 Viewer)

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
LottoX said:
High back-ups are a nice thing to have. Make sure you like them though =( I would've done a course which combined International Studies components with Commerce components. The Commerce part would've been lame and monotonous, but I would've really enjoyed International Studies subjects =)
correct me if im wrong...
international studies subjects are like history, global economics and like politics or something??
gosh i wanna do international studies but i dont even really know what it consists of =S

JJV

HSC
B of Commerce - Accounting with B of Applied Finance in Macquarie University.
OR Any Courses to do with Accountant as the major.(In Macquarie uni/Syd Uni./UNSW/UTS).

HSC 2007 = Maths 2 & 3 Unit, ESL, Physics, Buiness Studies, Society & Culture Hospitality.
UAI AIM = >87

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^whoa is that like a triple degree or something? medicine/commerce/law? :|

azz369963

SR3BRL
HSC
:|
i have no idea of what courses i want to do at UNI....
i know the general ideas i would like to be involved in, but further than that? I have no idea where (syd mayybe) or what the F^*K the courses are.....
here are my general ideas..

1. something to do with business management, or infact anything to do with business which appeals to me..
2. High school teacher focusing mainly on business studies or mathematics.
3. NSW?QLD poilice officer, then after the required 2 years possible re-train for the SERT(Special Emergency Response Team.. i think?) force.

so there it is.. if any one actually reads this and could direct me as to the course names and so on lol.. thad be much appreciated.

cheers

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Media and Communications combined with Law.
yeah thats the one....whoa expect that cutoff to be insanely high, that has got to be as popular as arts/law for sure (or will be)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
watatank said:
yeah thats the one....whoa expect that cutoff to be insanely high, that has got to be as popular as arts/law for sure (or will be)
USYD uses the same cut off for all undergraduate combined degrees in LLB.

i.e. bachelor of arts with law is the same as bachelor of advanced mathematics with law even though the latter has a sexceptionally higher cutoff as a single degree.

LOL clueless people from the gong.

International studies is basically a glorified arts degree. Depending on which university you are at, you do studies in politics, government, international relations and the eco.soc environment of an increasingly globalised society (modern history with eco? i guess).

Universities are normally politically skewed to the left though, so your writing style should not have an excessive conservative or libertarian slant (you'll only understand me, if you are generally interested in politics and international studies).

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
gosh i wanna do international studies but i dont even really know what it consists of =S
roflmao.
ahh i'm exactly like that.
thats why i originally wanted to do media&communications haha..
sigh*

international studies sound good too..

somewhereelse

HSC
nichhhole said:
roflmao.
ahh i'm exactly like that.
thats why i originally wanted to do media&communications haha..
sigh*

international studies sound good too..
depends where you do it, you can take a current/global approach or a more historical approach,

USYD i think focusses more on the economic side of things
at UNSW its a 4 year degree rather than 3 years (USYD and clubmac are both 3 year degrees) and you spend a year overseas. Mac also has compulsory overseas study.. USYD its optional but encouraged. At UNSW you have to learn a language, too.
USYD has the highest uai for Int. Studies, followed by UNSW and Mac.

ive been looking this up.. procastinating holiday homework..

& so to answer the original post:

Int studies at Sydney (mainly cause of subski :-D, and the uai is highest so may as well put it first)
Int studies at UNSW (because it seems like a really interesting degree)
Int studies at MQ (cause i like the nickname, and its got a pretty low uai)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Wouldn't mind studying overseas in like, Ireland or Scotland. It'd be very very pricey though, I'd imagine.

Beege

HSC
BSCIT + ITPP AT UTS FTW!

if I don't get then it is wollongong for me then I will probably transfer

dukey

HSC
Bachelor of Education & Bachelor of Arts in International Studies @ Usyd or UTS, UNSW....or Mac :D

adders

HSC
I'm desperate to study comm/law at SYD, because if i do i get an job at a huge law firm in sydney

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
adders said:
I'm desperate to study comm/law at SYD, because if i do i get an job at a huge law firm in sydney
haha...if you get into USYD, get D/HD average, have good previous work experience, know the difference between a and an you will have a great chance at getting into a top tier sydney law firm. However, if you get a super dooper UAI not based on english, get into USYD law, manage with a P average, have no experience your chances would be slim in such a competitive environment.

Good luck:)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
lets just concentrate on the first step: get the UAI to get into usyd.

the rest can be figured out later... :)

adders

HSC
ari89 said:
haha...if you get into USYD, get D/HD average, have good previous work experience, know the difference between a and an you will have a great chance at getting into a top tier sydney law firm. However, if you get a super dooper UAI not based on english, get into USYD law, manage with a P average, have no experience your chances would be slim in such a competitive environment.

Good luck:)
You're right,, but seriously i am guaranteed a job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)