2008/09 English premier League (2 Viewers)

Evertonian

HSC
Re: 2008 English premier League

drobby said:
o and thats y we were 6th last yr and only 1 point or something off 5th?
your r an absolute fool
were r coming for your spot buddy
UP the Villa
Up the 90+4 minute gola from YOUNG
Just so you know, the ref gave an extra minute in injury time. :burn:

And I'm sorry but Everton will be coming 5th this season. :)

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC

as long as they are after liverpool i don't care.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC

haah west ham up 1-0 against chelsea at stamford bridge ahhaahahha

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

meh 1-1 draw

08er

HSC

still top of table

08er

HSC

perfect time to go into a slump imo

08er

HSC
LMF^^ said:
So what is a big 4 team anyway?
the general consensus is the top 4 teams of the country... namely liverpool, manu, arsenal, chelsea

newmz89

Beer
HSC

what is with all the top 4 drawing their matches in the same matchday, happend like 2 weeks ago.... ??

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC

yeah before 2 weeks ago, the last time the 4 big teams hadnt managed 3 points out of their games was about 20 years ago and now theyve done it twice in the space of about a month, quite amazing, it shows how much more competitive this season has become.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
08er said:
the general consensus is the top 4 teams of the country... namely liverpool, manu, arsenal, chelsea
But the top 4 teams right now are Liverpool, Chelsea, United and Villa.

Big 4 is just a name, you don't fill up your cabinets by having a big name. Aston Villa have been more successful than Chelsea overall, and have won an European Cup, something both them and Arsenal haven't done so yet. Nobody cares about the big 4, it's whether you finish in the top 4 that matters.

Arsenal have a fight on their hands this season, Villa will certainly push for that last CL spot. Enjoy the fun (fight).

08er

HSC
people generally refer them to the big 4 of the country... therefore they are ranked by their domestic successes (winning the premier league) and i believe these 4 teams have won it more than anyone else, but i may be wrong. of course, successes in the epl are interlinked with involvement in the CL which also proves my point.

i dont think its fair (and im sure most people will agree) to leave arsenal out just because they had have a poor season.

Evertonian

HSC
LMF^^ said:
But the top 4 teams right now are Liverpool, Chelsea, United and Villa.

Big 4 is just a name, you don't fill up your cabinets by having a big name. Aston Villa have been more successful than Chelsea overall, and have won an European Cup, something both them and Arsenal haven't done so yet. Nobody cares about the big 4, it's whether you finish in the top 4 that matters.

Arsenal have a fight on their hands this season, Villa will certainly push for that last CL spot. Enjoy the fun (fight).
Villa will slip up for sure. Or I hope so :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
08er said:
people generally refer them to the big 4 of the country... therefore they are ranked by their domestic successes (winning the premier league) and i believe these 4 teams have won it more than anyone else, but i may be wrong. of course, successes in the epl are interlinked with involvement in the CL which also proves my point.

i dont think its fair (and im sure most people will agree) to leave arsenal out just because they had have a poor season.
League titles won by Chelsea: 3
League titles won by Aston Villa: 7

European Cups won by Chelsea: 0
European Cups won by Aston Villa: 1

The big 4 means the 4 richest clubs in England (well, before Abu Dhabi United took over City anyway). It ain't about success, it's about money. As you can see, historically speaking Aston Villa has been a more successful club than Chelsea ever has been.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)