• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
word on the street is torres will sit out tonight's clash.

if newcatle lose tonight and DON'T go down, i'll be a very disappointed man.

Charizard

HSC
What the fuck is going on at the back with chelsea. we seem to be conceding a goal every epl game these days, but managing to score a few more.

Their is no way under mourinho we would be shipping goals this easily. Cech got beaten to easily aswell, hes such a mixed bag these days, fantastic one night dog shit the next.

I think that head injury he sustained will stop him from being considered an all time great, he was flawless back in the day.

Charizard

HSC
oh, and the title race is over. I cant see man utd dropping any points except maybe a draw with arsenal.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
a loss against arsenal (or man city or wigan for that matter) and it'll be panic stations.

'pool and united share the same goal difference iirc, so you can imagine the hype leading into the final matchday if united were to lose a match between now and then.

assuming liverpool win the remainder of their matches ofcourse.

Roy9

HSC
I thought he spoke fluent English? Anyway, he doesn't need to speak English on the field. Just French.
I remember an interview with him regarding his move to Arsenal.... the interviewer said something like "What do you have to say to all the Arsenal fans?" and he replied with "Trust.....in....me..................Trust....in....Arsenal" with a pretty heavy accent, lol.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
anyone read the article where arshavin's manager claimed that the predominantly french group at arsenal were jealous of arshavin?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Haven't, but wouldn't surprise me. For all their passing, Arsenal have never really struck me as a side with team harmony. But he is their best player, and has captained his country, so why not give it to him?

Utd would have to lose to City and Arsenal to lose the title. Just can't see it happening.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
If Chelsea does open themselves up and play some football then I can see Barca scoring goals.
Oh sorry, I interpreted that as "Chelsea will win 6-2 at Stamford Bridge". Clearly Barca are favourites, and Chelsea's best hope is to play defensive and be very tight, hoping to snag a goal and/or frustrate Barca.

Charizard

HSC
anyone read the article where arshavin's manager claimed that the predominantly french group at arsenal were jealous of arshavin?
Came out next day and said it was complete bullshit and he never said anything like that.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me. People like bendtner and van persie have big heads for pretty average strikers.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
adebayor isn't any better than van persie imo.

not until he improves his 50 shots to 1 goal ratio or he reduces his offside count per game to single figures.

Last edited:

Charizard

HSC
i don't think either are really great. I definitely would pick adebayor over RVP though.

Roy9

HSC
Owen dropped by Shearer lol.

And I would pick RVP over Adebayor.

Charizard

HSC
RVP is meant to be a huge cunt and none of his team mates like him.

That and he misses a fuck ton of chances, is always injured and has no strength.

RVP could never play lone striker.

That said, i i wouldnt have any arsenal strikers in my team. Except maybe Vela.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
rvp isn't meant to be a lone striker anyway.
he will never have the strength of drogba or the speed of torres, therefore i don't think he will ever acheive the heights they will/have.
but what he lacks in the aforementioned, he makes up in technique, finesse and unbelievable shot.

yeah but rumour has it the guy gallas spoke out about earlier in the season was rvp. well it must have been either him, nasri or sagna iirc. so yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)