2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

inter108

HSC
Re: 2008 English premier League

axlenatore said:
found it

Carew's big boob-boo
Aston villa fined striker jon carew $100,000 for visiting a birmingham strip bar the night before he pulled out of a game claiming to feel ill. Coach Martin O'neill showed empathy for his boobie-dazzled star. "I've talked to him about it and about our age gap and how I wish I was that age again myself".

From The Sun-Hearld
big johny Carew ay.

inter108

HSC

drobby said:
It was carew by the way guys... but i dont see what the fuss was, like he wasnt playing in the game anyway... and they dropped him to bench for a game and he game on and scored.... an o'neil said that the issue was over and dealt with...
also to the inter guy... you would have to be happy with adriano being sacked...he was a horrible player anyway...
you need a sticker who isnt a target man as you already have one (ibra), you need some one who is quick and has a cool finish so ibra can feed him...
Adriano is back inform they claim LOL

But we have Crespo who is getting back to fitness.

Balotelli solid player still developing and Cruz who has proven his ability in the past.

In CL and Serie A.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A

Why do we need a separate thread just for the EPL?

seano77

Walk On
HSC

drobby said:
we won it in 83 thank you.....
more recently than inter hehehe
and also, youre petty club could afford our barry...
so go suck a big one as once again, your club will spend lots of money but yet again, not win anything, just come 4th.. in all comps...
at least we dont waste as much money...
and we dont import players.. all our best are produce\ts of the villa academy.. such as gabby and barry, hence we are doing the right thing in terms of developing football...
also we have a 10x better coach, who with the smallest squad in the epl for the last two yrs is able to contest the big 4 were as rafa fails to produce anything... except for 4th places
1. Lets all face it Villa will be fighting against relegation for the next ten years whilst Liverpool will lift the european cup for the sixth time and push for a 19th league title.

2. 'We don't import players' is a joke statement. Villa import players just like any club. You are not 'developing football' by consistently coming around 10th-15th.

3. Villa haven't contested the big four, and never will. You're kidding yourself.

4. Rafa has produced an FA Cup and Champs League title.. something Villa dream about. Its called silverware my friend.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

seano77 said:
1. Lets all face it Villa will be fighting against relegation for the next ten years whilst Liverpool will lift the european cup for the sixth time and push for a 19th league title.
Fighting relegation? Hardly.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A

Can't believe this thread got stickied. Duplicate threads are teh ghey.

u-borat said:
wow, there's so much wrong with this post its not funny.

1. you spent more than any club this summer iirc, over 50 million pounds.
2. alonso>barry. if you think to the contrary, you're a retard.
3. barry's from BRIGHTON, you dipshit.
4. fucking lol @ mon being a better coach. tell me when he wins anything significant, ie, not the scottish title, something like...uefa titles, champions league titles, la liga titles? :rofl:
5. gmm no imported players? lets see...friedel, carew, laursen (your captain), petrov, bouma, cuellar etc etc are all important parts of your team and are all foreign.
Aston Villa did not spend over 50million pounds. I'm sure you've mistaken them for Manchester City. I'm sure them and Spurs spent the most money buying new players in the off-season.

Martin O'Neill is a fantastic manager. The way he has taken Villa up to where they are now deserves credit. If he was at Liverpool instead of Benitez I'll consider them to be a greater threat. O'Neill is one of the finest coaches right now coming from the British and Irish Isles, so give credit where credit is due.

drobby

Pwnage
HSC

LMF^^ said:
Can't believe this thread got stickied. Duplicate threads are teh ghey.

Aston Villa did not spend over 50million pounds. I'm sure you've mistaken them for Manchester City. I'm sure them and Spurs spent the most money buying new players in the off-season.

Martin O'Neill is a fantastic manager. The way he has taken Villa up to where they are now deserves credit. If he was at Liverpool instead of Benitez I'll consider them to be a greater threat. O'Neill is one of the finest coaches right now coming from the British and Irish Isles, so give credit where credit is due.
couldnt agree more...
also u borat you faggot....
barry whilst being were ever the hell he was from, he went through the academy....
also i meant that as a percentage, we have imported less than other clubs, and we are promoting new players... hence 3 players in the eng U/21 team
but i will give you something though....
we were both shit this week... as we both lost to last...
and on another point how the hell has villa not been a threat to the big four..
if they havent then know one else certaintly has.....
which again come down to the money and squad thing...
smallest squad in epl...... low spending ($50 million is bull shit)...
yet greatest contenders to the big 4, as quoted by sir alex, who i admit is a faggot yet here he is right....
also barry bums alonso... can play any where on the feild and score goals

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC

u-borat said:
wow, there's so much wrong with this post its not funny.

1. you spent more than any club this summer iirc, over 50 million pounds.
2. alonso>barry. if you think to the contrary, you're a retard.
3. barry's from BRIGHTON, you dipshit.
4. fucking lol @ mon being a better coach. tell me when he wins anything significant, ie, not the scottish title, something like...uefa titles, champions league titles, la liga titles? :rofl:
5. gmm no imported players? lets see...friedel, carew, laursen (your captain), petrov, bouma, cuellar etc etc are all important parts of your team and are all foreign.
O'neill is a quality coach, he took celtic to a uefa cup final where they lost to Porto in 2002-2003 (3-2), with celtic wrapping up some nice wins on route to the final including blackburn (3-0 over the two legs second round) and liverpool (3-1 over the two legs in the quaters including a 2-0 for celtic at anfield, with liverpool coming 4th in the premierleague that year), martin o'neill has only improved as a managar since then and has a wider variety of players + some from his celtic squad thanks for playing...
He has won more the the scottish premier league, in his first year as coach he won the treble and thrashed rangers 6-2 in the first game of the season, its all good

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A

inter108 said:
Don't like don't contribute.
If only the mods had a brain...

Villa is a good team. I rate them higher than Citeh atm.

Samuvel

HSC

I'm a big fan of Villa right now. I think O'Neill has done a great job of putting together a solid team with bags of flair to boot. I can even see them challenging for 4th!

Meanwhile more pressing matters:
a) How sucky are Arsenal!
b) How great is Rory Delap!
c) Hull rock!
d) Redknapp is the best manager in the world! (apart from Sir Alex, of course)

u-borat

Banned
HSC

wow, you guys are about to get pwned.

Luke Young- 6 million
Friedel- 2.5 mil
sidwell- 5 milion
milner- 12 million
davies- 8-10 million (take your pick)
routledge- 1.25 million
shorey- 4 milion
cullar- 8 million

go do the maths.

its ~45 million pounds.

also lmf, i respect your football knowledge, don't sully yourself with these clowns.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

Samuvel said:
Meanwhile more pressing matters:
a) How sucky are Arsenal!
b) How great is Rory Delap!
lol i think what u meant to say was how great are rory delaps THROWS...aside from that he is a pretty shitty player to be honest

lol i agree with the first bit tho...arsenal suck balls at the moment...fabregas looks drained...cliche still goes hard...walcott is either too selfish or tooo generous...denilson is still a bench player...geez i could go on and on

AND although aston villa are a good footballing side...i think ashley young deserves a special mention...he is SOO GUN...if joe cole wsnt undroppable in the english team...he'd def be a shoe-in

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A

I stand corrected on the fact that Villa did spend close to 50million pounds. According to sources Curtis Davies costed 9million, while reserve keeper Brad Guzan was also signed for 2mil.

Even if that was the case, you can understand why O'Neill went out and spent that much, because they had the thinnest squad of any team last season and still managed to come 6th in the league, quite an achievement.

But Villa is certainly not the club that spent the most. Citeh spent over 50million on Jo and Robinho alone.

Samuvel

HSC

Izzay said:
lol i think what u meant to say was how great are rory delaps THROWS...aside from that he is a pretty shitty player to be honest

lol i agree with the first bit tho...arsenal suck balls at the moment...fabregas looks drained...cliche still goes hard...walcott is either too selfish or tooo generous...denilson is still a bench player...geez i could go on and on

AND although aston villa are a good footballing side...i think ashley young deserves a special mention...he is SOO GUN...if joe cole wsnt undroppable in the english team...he'd def be a shoe-in
Ah, but who cares about anything else, when his throws are so damn good! I must say it's awfully hard to decide who's to go down this season. I mean before it began I would've bet on Hull, Stoke and Bolton, but they all same as capable as any to stay up. There are certainly no real whipping boys * la Derby or Sunderland 05/06!

And what I've noticed about the Arse (sorry, we ManUre fans can't help saying that), is that they have little problem thrashing teams like Porto or Fenerbahce - teams that try and play the sort of free-flowing football that Arsenal do, only not as well - but really struggle against old-fashioned, English, tall teams like Stoke and Hull. I suppose that's the main reason they'll struggle in the league, unlike Man U, Chelsea or even Liverpool, who are more capable of winning 'easy' games.

u-borat

Banned
HSC

will laugh if delap becomes lead assist man this year.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A

The term 'Man U' annoys me so much. If you call yourself a United supporter, please refrain from using that term. It's an insult.

ManU is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "ManU" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"ManU ManU went on a plane ManU ManU never came back again"

and..

"ManU Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the capital letters you get the word "munich").

I hope this makes it clearer that saying ManU is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)