2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Great goal by Giggs this morning. Utd are cantering away.

In breaking news, Tony Adams has been sacked by Portsmouth. No surprise there, the big surprise was why was he hired in the first place? Another in the good player/awful manager department.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Who should be more disappointed:

Arsenal for relinquishing even more points in their chase for 4th spot?
OR
Spurs for not being able to defeat a 10 man Arsenal and thus being pulled further into the relegation battle?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
So after a few games without a win Big Phil gets the sack. Wonder who they're gonna get now?

The Chelsea managerial position is the worst position to have in England. You win, but don't play attractive football, you get the sack. You go within one kick away from an European Cup, you get the sack. You play attractive football but go through a few games without winning, you get the sack.

What a joke of a club. But good luck to whoever takes over.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Probably Frank Rijkaard. Played attractive football with Barca, lets the players play football. Although, there is rumours that a current continental manager in charge of an English club, who is used to player revolts, his tactics questioned and relentless boardroom unrest will be available?

samwell

HSC
i hope we get a more patient owner instead of roman abramovich. Stupid decision to sack Scolari after 7 months an even worse mistake was the grant sack

newmz89

Beer
HSC
I didn't mind grant tbh, He did what he had to do, nearly won us two titles last season.

samwell

HSC
But the players wer complainin abt his management that he said nothin. i dont c that as a problem as we nearly got the Champions league.

I would never envy any Chelsea manager. roman is too demanding

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
guus hiddink has been the big name to take over chelsea. he can definately do it and has a great profile. was successful with real madrid, took south korea to the semi-finals of 2002 wc, australia to round of 16 in 2006 and russia to semis in euro 2008.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
guus hiddink has been the big name to take over chelsea. he can definately do it and has a great profile. was successful with real madrid, took south korea to the semi-finals of 2002 wc, australia to round of 16 in 2006 and russia to semis in euro 2008.
People were saying the same thing about Scolari before his arrival, I mean, it didnt get any bigger than a WC winner. Chelsea are going to get worse before they get any better. Stuff this flair football shit, they were doing so much better when they played with their rigid, structured football.

And to think sacking Mourinho was a good idea...

Charizard

HSC
People were saying the same thing about Scolari before his arrival, I mean, it didnt get any bigger than a WC winner. Chelsea are going to get worse before they get any better. Stuff this flair football shit, they were doing so much better when they played with their rigid, structured football.

And to think sacking Mourinho was a good idea...
Anyone with half a brain knew that winning the world cup doesn't automatically make you a great club manager. It's a different skill.

I agree about the final point though. Fuck flair if you can't win games, ill take a season of 1-0 victories if it means trophies.

Charizard

HSC
So after a few games without a win Big Phil gets the sack. Wonder who they're gonna get now?

The Chelsea managerial position is the worst position to have in England. You win, but don't play attractive football, you get the sack. You go within one kick away from an European Cup, you get the sack. You play attractive football but go through a few games without winning, you get the sack.

What a joke of a club. But good luck to whoever takes over.
Mourinho wasn't sacked because of the way the team played, he was sacked because of Abramovich's ego. He couldn't control mourinho and wanted him out.

BY most reports Avran Grant did dick all anyway last season, it was steve clarke that kept mourinho's tactics in shape that got them to the final, you only have to look at how Chelsea have dipped since he went to west ham to see how important he was.

Scolari deserved to be sacked, watching the team play has shown this. NOt only does he only have 1 tactic, which was found out in about week 4 and thus nullified, he also had show an inability to make any tactical changes or substitutions during a match. ALways they were just like for like players hoping a miracle would happen.

The players stopped respecting him, the fans knew of his short comings as a club coach and it was time to go. In all honestly if hed stayed i would think a uefa cup spot would have been a strong possibility.

samwell

HSC
Mourinho wasn't sacked because of the way the team played, he was sacked because of Abramovich's ego. He couldn't control mourinho and wanted him out.

BY most reports Avran Grant did dick all anyway last season, it was steve clarke that kept mourinho's tactics in shape that got them to the final, you only have to look at how Chelsea have dipped since he went to west ham to see how important he was.

Scolari deserved to be sacked, watching the team play has shown this. NOt only does he only have 1 tactic, which was found out in about week 4 and thus nullified, he also had show an inability to make any tactical changes or substitutions during a match. ALways they were just like for like players hoping a miracle would happen.

The players stopped respecting him, the fans knew of his short comings as a club coach and it was time to go. In all honestly if hed stayed i would think a uefa cup spot would have been a strong possibility.
Mourinho had a point. buting ballack and sheva wer never going to improve his tactics and he disagreed with Roman. Thats y he got the suck. He didnt play attractive football but he got results .

Scolari didnt deserve the sack. Apparently its Cech, Drogba and Ballack who initiated his sack. I think Scolari needed more time. Plus he was faced with an essien injury with Cavalho, Drogba and Joe cole also facin minor/recurring injuries. He also didnt get money to get players to replace them. Buying Deco was a mistake coz we didnt need another attacking midfielder. He would have just played kalou more in the first team. nevertheless that was harsh to sack Scolari. Next season would have been much better than this with Scolari in charge.

Avram Grant didnt get along with players but Chelsea were perhaphs stupid and mean enough to sign a 4 year deal and then axe him.

The problem with Chelsea is not the manager its the owner and some big ego players. Drogba should stop whinin and get on with the game. Ivanovic cannot be a viable replacement for cavalho who has a gud partnership with JT. Anelka is a damn bully. only plays well when he gets what he wants.

If Hiddink gets a permanent contract Chelsea should b set to losin some players. i hope Kakuta, Stoch, Di Santo and Miniero get more starts ion the first team.

samwell

HSC
Chelsea's main problem is that their two untouchables - Lampard and Terry - simply are not up to the standard their club, management and country, let alone themselves, deem them to be.
I dont think they are the main problems but are part of the problem.
Some players have been more out of form than Terry and Lamps. Deco, Drogba especially

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Anyone with half a brain knew that winning the world cup doesn't automatically make you a great club manager. It's a different skill.

I agree about the final point though. Fuck flair if you can't win games, ill take a season of 1-0 victories if it means trophies.

Fair enough, but the dude was coaching club football for nearly 20 years before he took over the reigns at Brazil. So to say winning the WC with Brazil and taking Portugal to the final and semi-final in consecutive Euros had no weighing in the decision is dumb.
He also has the potential to be a successful European club coach, but seeing what happened to his predecessors and knowing the cut-throat nature of managerial positions in England as a whole, he can't say he didnt see it coming.

Should have tried his luck first at a club like Benfica or Getafe.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
I dont think they are the main problems but are part of the problem.
Some players have been more out of form than Terry and Lamps. Deco, Drogba especially
But Drogba and Deco are not untouchable and have been dropped to the bench numerous times.

Whereas Terry and Lampard could string together several shit games and still be around for the next few.

There is no denying that Drogba is Chelsea's main source of goals, so if I were the new coach I'd be doing everything I can to keep him happy and motivated.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A

You're giving way too much respect to Steve Clarke. He was an assistant, which is still a very important role. But to say all the good work belonged to him is ridiculous. Why didn't Chelsea make him the full time manager if he was so good?

Scolari didn't lose respect from the players, just some of them, namely Drogba and Ballack who are both kunts in their own rights. You see the way some players have gone out in the press and you'd know what this means. Remember Lampard's last minute goal against Stoke a few weeks back? He ran towards Scolari to celebrate the goal.

It seems Chelsea manager have all been brought down by player revolt. Mourinho got the sack because Terry had a cry, and now Scolari is getting the same because Drogba had a cry.

bioking

HSC
Re: 2008 English premier League

I hope Arsenal will get back to their form especially with the likes of Arshavin ,vela, lil man a.k.a gibbs and probably give the older blokes a rest to see if the younger guys could do the job....................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)