2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

Roy9

HSC
Chelsea's current situation would be a lot worse if they didn't have Lampard.

LordPc

HSC
I doubt that this has been as quick a move as it appears. If anything Roman Abramovic has been talking with Hiddink for a while about taking over, and perhaps the international games provided the opportunity for the change to take place

But Im interested to see what Hiddink does with the team.

Charizard

HSC
You're giving way too much respect to Steve Clarke. He was an assistant, which is still a very important role. But to say all the good work belonged to him is ridiculous. Why didn't Chelsea make him the full time manager if he was so good?

Scolari didn't lose respect from the players, just some of them, namely Drogba and Ballack who are both kunts in their own rights. You see the way some players have gone out in the press and you'd know what this means. Remember Lampard's last minute goal against Stoke a few weeks back? He ran towards Scolari to celebrate the goal.

It seems Chelsea manager have all been brought down by player revolt. Mourinho got the sack because Terry had a cry, and now Scolari is getting the same because Drogba had a cry.

Not saying he was the worlds best manager, but it's clear that the most successful clubs have an assistant who can keep the dressing room intact, by all reports, Clarke was that guy.

Kept the khunts in line so to speak.

HSC
just to add my two cents on the scolari sacking: he was never a great manager in the traditional sense. he is completely different to mourinho and ranieri in the sense that he is strictly a motivator and nothing more. tactically, he is lacking at best. i don't want to downplay the significance of winning a world cup, but let's just say that any fantastic motivator could've won the world cup with brazil considering the talent and fixture list they had. the same cannot be said for chelsea, with the amount of cunts in the dressing room, a nice-guy motivator like felipe "gene hackman" scolari just wouldn't have worked.

regarding the results, abramovich's reason for hiring scolari was an intention to change the style of football to make chelsea a more popular brand globally. grant was way better than most give him credit for, and anyone with half a brain knows that mourinho never should've been sacked.

kuytbird

HSC
Agreed.

but why do chelsea supporters always compare him to Mourinho? He was a great coach,sure, but hes gone under your duress. You need to accept that your not going to get a coach who will win you all the championship after a season in charge... though it did look like Chelsea were struggling under Scholari.
Hiddink is a good signing but, im glad is only temporary :D

Roy9

HSC
Cahill and Hibbert are both suspended for the game against Newcastle.... but I'm not concerned seeing as Yobo will replace Hibbert (he's a better defender anyway) and Jo will come in for Cahill. After seeing how well Anichebe played against Villa, I'm intrigued to see what he and Jo can do together.

HSC
Agreed.

but why do chelsea supporters always compare him to Mourinho? He was a great coach,sure, but hes gone under your duress. You need to accept that your not going to get a coach who will win you all the championship after a season in charge... though it did look like Chelsea were struggling under Scholari.
Hiddink is a good signing but, im glad is only temporary :D
well, scolari was originally hired with the intention of changing chelsea's style of football, which he did do, and i would argue that no coach in the world can completely overhaul a team's style of play in a single season and win the premier league, but eventually chelsea were found out. they only had one way of playing and, to be quite honest, after the first 10 or so games of the season it became fairly dire.

HSC
yeah, Mourinho had at least two players in every single position. although you must admit Scolari didn't get as much of a chance as Mourinho to bring in the players he wanted, given the lack of funds available to him..

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I lolled at the pre-match comment from Wenger:

Manchester United look untouchable because they're 12 points ahead and have a game tomorrow against Fulham they'll certainly win. Their results are very consistent.

"They win 1–0 and you think during the game that they may drop a point or maybe more, but they always manage to find somewhere the resources to win the game. If they win their game in hand they're 15 points in front, which means they need to lose five games. Say they lose one against us, then they still need to lose another four games. They haven't lost four games all season yet, but we'll try. I believe our basic target is to get into the Champions League."
At least he is realistic i guess.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah we're untouchable, at least to Arsenal anyway. No way they're gonna catch us.

HSC
Aston Villa 0 - 1 Chelsea

Stoke City 2 - 2 Portsmouth

Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland

Bolton Wanderers 2 - 1 West Ham United

Middlesbrough 0 - 0 Wigan Athletic

Manchester United 2 - 1 Blackburn Rovers

08er

HSC
Liverpool 1 - 1 Manchester City

major dent to liverpools title hopes

08er

HSC
chelsea losing twice to liverpool this season is a testament of scolaris lack of tactical ability. good sack imo, now let's see what hiddink can bring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)