2008/09 Graduate Programs (1 Viewer)

GolfPunk

HSC
Hey has anyone been in a position of being offered a graduate job after completing a vacation position at a Big 4 accounting firm?

I am going to be undertaking vacation work at Delloite and PwC over the summer holidays. During the interview process and in the offers for vac work they indicated that they will let you know if you get a graduate offer shortly after you commence your work.

I am not saying that I am going to get any of these offers but there are a few questions if anyone can help me.

Firstly how long do they give you to accept their offer of employment?

The reason is that I study Law/Commerce(accounting) and I want to get into Tax/Taxation Law (basically tax related). I did work at a tax law firm during the holidays just gone and I really enjoyed it.

However graduate jobs for lawyers is hard to get.

I am not sure If i will enjoy doing tax at the big 4 firms. If I enjoy it as much as the law work or even better i need to make a decision. Only thing is that I cant apply for grad oppurtunities with this law firm later on next year. I have always wanted to do law but i dont want to turn down offers from the big 4 firms which happen early in the yr.

Should I reject the offers and then apply for the Big 4 firms i worked with later and hope I get this law job? Or should (if i get an offer) accept then if i get offered the law accept that one, then tell the Big 4 i dont want to work with them?

Does anyone have any helpful advice?

ajantha87

HSC
i just had a job assessment for Oracle today.... was a case study presentation in groups and then an individual interview... didnt realise there was meant to be an interview today... but yeh no idea wat the next stage is but they dont seem to kno either which is pretty bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)