2008 OnStage Nominations? (1 Viewer)

SpoonSamba

HSC
i dno i spose when all the exams r done, mine r on thursday

i know when they select pieces for onstage they take into consideration like the tone of the piece and the logistics of it all, (how elaborate your set and props are etc) but do this affect nominations as well?

or do nominations just come from markers nominating the best pieces they've seen regardless of whether they r appropriate for onstage?

Kaths123

HSC
SpoonSamba said:
i dno i spose when all the exams r done, mine r on thursday

i know when they select pieces for onstage they take into consideration like the tone of the piece and the logistics of it all, (how elaborate your set and props are etc) but do this affect nominations as well?

or do nominations just come from markers nominating the best pieces they've seen regardless of whether they r appropriate for onstage?
My Group just found out yesterday, we were nominated for Onstage, I don't know how it works - as in when they tell the schools - I guess around now if we were told. I also think they pick things that are appropriate for onstage. They have to be good, but they won't necessarily pick every kid or group that got 30/30 or close to it.

SpoonSamba

HSC
No one from my school was nominated

I'm not upset personally

i'm just surprised because we had a lot of performers and some of them were really excellent

SO i dno what theyre looking for, and some of the ones that were at onstage this yr were really not very good, so yeh confused but happy

congrats to everyone who has been nominated!

Peartie

HSC
they seem to have a general theme each year that they try and stick to

for example the 2004 HSCers most of the Onstage performances had some singing, dance or music in it.

The 2005 HSCers - at least the ones from my school - each had some sadistic / dark / sad overtones... thats what i saw anyway

xo-julz-xo

HSC
our group performance got nominated but i want to know what marks you need to get nominated in the first place anyone know??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)