• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Poster And Promotion (1 Viewer)

Lexii-

HSC
Nice work :)

It's confusing me because I don't know where to like, put my pages of the programme, as in, what file I need to save it all under to take it to get printed out and stuff, ahhh I hate this!

Lexii-

HSC
And ahhh, I need high resolution images for STC's sponsors. All the ones I find are really blurry. I emailed STC's education person because she helped me out in the past, and I'm waiting for a reply now. So frustrating.

pearcinator

HSC
Well i did Myth, Propaganda... promo and ive almost finished (the press release sux). Everything else is done! Im fairly happy with it even though it uses the (probably) cliche twin towers, plane and US/Nazi flag. I think it shows a good contrasting image.

I think the logbooks are just downright stupid and i hate them...i couldnt give a shit about what mark my logbook gets as im just rushing through it now.

georgiabrown712

HSC
I chose to do Top Girls for my promotion. I've finished the poser, the media release and I've almost finished the flyer.

I'm still working on my program though which I'm finding difficult because I chose the New Theatre and their programs tend to be photocopied A4 paper folded in half so I'm trying to make it look DIY without it looking like I was just being lazy.

Micka

HSC
Hi guys, just thought I'd check in again.

Here is my poster - remember plagiarism is an evil sin!

Which do you prefer? Which works better?

Thanks

Cassias

HSC
i like the second one though i think it will look better if the red box around the pic was thinner but thats just what i think

Lexii-

HSC
I really like the second one, it's great.
Question, where did you get the high res sponsor images from? I can't get any good ones, they all end up blurry.

Micka

HSC
Umm, I emailed STC for the STC ones, I made the ADSHEL one, found the Audi, GIO, AUS GOV, and SMH ones on the net, then blew them up and made some edits (contrast, sharpening etc.)

Was not a quick process but in the end I enjoyed the poster the most.

Micka.

EDIT: Made this A2 size - though I did print professionally A1 and it came out amazing.

Lexii-

HSC
Well thats great, I emailed STC and they never emailed me back, grrr.

Hey, when you get it printed, I'm really confused to how I save the files.. Do I do it like 'Program Page 1', 'Program Page 2', etc etc and then when I go to the printing shop I'll show them how I want it or..?

Micka

HSC
I think it really varies from printing place to place.

Yes, I would certainly put them in the order you want them, numbering and labelling each image will do the trick.

You can also, if you want make a mock program so they know essentially how you would like it to turn out.

Mine is being printed now :) :) *fawns* Glossy pages :D

If you want I'm happy to give you the STC logos - they are not huge but serve better than 1kb images pulled off the net!

Micka

EDIT: Just read your 2nd post - You mean directors notes in the program, right?

Last edited:

Micka

HSC
Yeah cool. I wrote about it as the directors experience of the production - what he/she liked, enjoyed, was rewarded by, what was challenging and incorporation of themes etc.

Hope this helps!!

Micka

deemt

HSC
what do we need to have in the directors notes ?

Rob99

HSC
N/A
Hi, I'd be really glad to get into a conversation about poster design, I'm actually trying to design a workshop at the moment (I'm not in school but been out for a few years, actually I'm a drama teacher) to teach students about poster and promotion design. I am happy to give you any tips I can but I would also like to know from you guys what you wish some one would teach you about this area to help me work out the most helpful workshop I can to teach future HSC students.

Robyn

Micka

HSC
Hi Robyn, how's it going?

I think I'd be happy to have a chat to you here, but I think the first question would be what kind of programs where you thinking of using?

You might also be interested to know that a minority (still there nevertheless) actually do their IP Design Project by hand.

I think by looking at some past designs and also the course prescriptions from the Board of Studies will help you have a bit of an idea.

Hope this helps! Please ask any more questions.

Micka

Rob99

HSC
N/A
Hey Micka,

Thanks for replying. Well I think my post was a bit misleading, I'm actually talking about the whole project not just the poster design. So I'm trying to get together a practical workshop for HSC students to learn the best ways to approach the whole thing, poster, program, media release, director's vision, rationale etc. So would you say that the choice of graphics software is a diificult choice in itself? I guess what I'm asking is what you guys found or find the most challenging when starting out on the project? what areas did you wish you knew more about?

Robyn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)